tekken 6 ( ps3 ) 14.99 enslaved ( ps3/360 ) 14.99 at gamestop

strait edge follower

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
I saw this in the weekly ad for the fathers day week long sale. I checked and the 360 version of tekken 6 isn't on sale only the ps3 one. Not a bad price for these two games. The used copys of both games aren't discounted btw.

Also Amazon has the Tekken 6 360 wireless fight stick bundle for $39.99

If I were in the market for the game that's the way I would go. PS3 version looks to be $75 though :/

I've never been a fight stick guy. I've always loved the duel shock dpad. Ever since I saw this deal Ive been thinking about jumping on tekken 6. I already have beaten enslaved for the ps3 then after I traded it in I got it again for 360. Wanted it back cause as simplistic as the gameplay is the game had heart and character and it was a great adventure that I wanted side by side with the also sensational heveanly sword

[quote name='whoknows']Tekken is tempting.

Enslaved is a terrible game though.[/QUOTE]

What didn't you like about it ? Granted, the auto platforming made it impossible for you to miss a jump but it did fit monkey though. After all, real monkeys swing through trees effortlessly right ? He is a super agile character anyway so I can see why they went that direction. I was disappointed however that the combat wasn't nearly as deep as heveanly sword. the characters and story were top notch ( except that wtf cliffhanger ending ) Andy serkis is the man !

[quote name='strait edge follower']What didn't you like about it ? Granted, the auto platforming made it impossible for you to miss a jump but it did fit monkey though. After all, real monkeys swing through trees effortlessly right ? He is a super agile character anyway so I can see why they went that direction. I was disappointed however that the combat wasn't nearly as deep as heveanly sword. the characters and story were top notch ( except that wtf cliffhanger ending ) Andy serkis is the man ![/QUOTE]

The controls were bad, the characters unlikeable, the story uninteresting.

[quote name='Tsel']I traded in Tekken ages ago. I might just pick it up with a couple other cheap games for the B2G1.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering since I might get tekken, does the final boss of this game follow the tradition of fighting game bosses being cheap and broken ? I hate it when fighting games do that

[quote name='whoknows']The controls were bad, the characters unlikeable, the story uninteresting.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was great. The combat felt simple yet satisfying and the characters (2/3 anyway, Pigsy was annoying) were entertaining to watch, even though all of them were cliche. The story had a Matrix-esque twist but whatever.

For $14.99 it's great. I paid $24.99 and was satisfied. In terms of semi-niche games, it's no Nier, but it's still worth the price.

I was seriously considering Enslaved along with RE5 Gold and another game (That has not been chosen yet). I could care less for platforming so this would work for me.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I was wondering since I might get tekken, does the final boss of this game follow the tradition of fighting game bosses being cheap and broken ? I hate it when fighting games do that[/QUOTE]

If you ever played Dead or Alive, the final boss will be a breath of fresh air.

[quote name='sgr76']If you ever played Dead or Alive, the final boss will be a breath of fresh air.[/QUOTE]

That's good. I've never played that series much though. I like a challenging boss and all but they don't need to be super broken ( stupid shao kahn from mortal kombat trilogy comes to mind ).

[quote name='sgr76']If you ever played Dead or Alive, the final boss will be a breath of fresh air.[/QUOTE]

I found the final boss in Tekken 4 to be extremely cheap. Everything else is top notch. (except the terrible story brawler portion they throw in every time)

[quote name='SCDallas']Definitely in for Tekken 6, the online is VERY good and addicting.[/QUOTE]

uh no this game is garbage online there are some block strings that you can't react to due to the crappy lag and netcode

online and offline play are completely different

[quote name='CaoPi']uh no this game is garbage online there are some block strings that you can't react to due to the crappy lag and netcode

online and offline play are completely different[/QUOTE]

When I played tekken 6 online at my girlfriends place trying out her brothers copy of the game the online worked fine for me only some slight lag

[quote name='CaoPi']uh no this game is garbage online there are some block strings that you can't react to due to the crappy lag and netcode

online and offline play are completely different[/QUOTE]

Don't knock a game just because you have terrible internet. I used to play daily with zero lag, and my internet isn't anything special.

Both are a good deal. I enjoyed Enslaved quite a bit. It had good voice acting/story and the gameplay was fun. I was actually sad once it was over since I don't think they will make a sequel.

I want Tekken 6, but with Tekken Tag Tournament HD, TTT2, SFxTekken, and TekkenxSF coming out, its hard for me to do so. :(

[quote name='scum1']Both are a good deal. I enjoyed Enslaved quite a bit. It had good voice acting/story and the gameplay was fun. I was actually sad once it was over since I don't think they will make a sequel.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading an article saying they were planning on making a sequel some time in the future. Just bought the game for $12 shipped. Pretty good so far.

bread's done
Back