Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 on all used games @ GoHastings

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!
GoHastings is offering a deal for buy 2 get 1 for $1 on all used and previously viewed games, dvds, cds, and books with code FRIENDME.

Valid now (supposedly) through Saturday.

Sounds like their counter to Gamestop's B2G1, except only a little worse.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']GoHastings is offering a deal for buy 2 get 1 for $1 on all used and previously viewed games, dvds, cds, and books with code FRIENDME.

Valid now (supposedly) through Saturday.

Sounds like their counter to Gamestop's B2G1, except only a little worse.[/QUOTE]Hmm, thanks for the heads up... though I think I'll just wait a few days for their "huge" 100k Likes sale. It also looks like the prices on most games jumped by 10-30%, as they usually do on Hastings when a new sale comes up. ;)

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Sounds like their counter to Gamestop's B2G1, except only a little worse.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm,

Gran Tourismo 5 used is 54.99 at Gamestop and 31.49 at GoHastings
Killzone 3 used is the same.
Crysis 2 is $34.99 at GameStop and $29.48 at GoHastings.

Even with GameStop's promotion, GoHastings (with $2 shipping) is still better than this promotion IMHO.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Lotta good cash to amazon flips for those into that sorta thing[/QUOTE]

Except their shipping times are absolute shit (sometimes).

Bare in mind that the lowest value game in your shopping cart gets the $1 value so this is best if you are buying high value games

Time to get some $1 games!

ex) 1.order KZ3 x2 Black Ops(1$)
2.They canceled KZ3 x2 shipped Black Ops(1$) + 2.98

[quote name='VVaffle']Hmm, thanks for the heads up... though I think I'll just wait a few days for their "huge" 100k Likes sale. It also looks like the prices on most games jumped by 10-30%, as they usually do on Hastings when a new sale comes up. ;)[/QUOTE]

What games? I don't see anything that jumped up by 30%

[quote name='onyzukae']Time to get some $1 games!

2.They canceled KZ3 x2 shipped Black Ops(1$) + 2.98[/QUOTE]

Why would they cancel KZ3 but ship Black Ops?

On a less shitting on goHastings note, I strongly, strongly recommend people place orders earlier than later. Less cancelled games, and more importantly, no dealing with having you order pending for days on end due to high traffic and a shitty backend.

nothing much left after the 25% off sale, only good thing i see is Dead Rising 2 for $17, I got it for $19 shipped in the 25% off sale.....shoulda waited a couple of days more :(

[quote name='CBas92']Why would they cancel KZ3 but ship Black Ops?[/QUOTE]

They sometimes run out of stock while processing your order. Therefore the out of stock items get cancelled.

[quote name='Roadrunner']They sometimes run out of stock while processing your order. Therefore the out of stock items get cancelled.[/QUOTE]
RIGHT! Last time i got 4 copy of black-ops(wii) each 3.98$

Trade to amazon got $120 amazon GC = )

never buy the same game twice in the same order, you will only receive one, the people who pick the orders dont put attention to the "x2" since they are in a hurry

I'm going to wait for the so-called "huge" sale. Considering how often they do 25-30% off, I figure it would have to be in the neighborhood of 40% to be considered "huge," assuming they're not overstating the awesomeness of the sale.

[quote name='Blank Earth']I'm going to wait for the so-called "huge" sale. Considering how often they do 25-30% off, I figure it would have to be in the neighborhood of 40% to be considered "huge," assuming they're not overstating the awesomeness of the sale.[/QUOTE]

Well they've done a 40% sale so it's not out of the question. Hopefully they learned from what they did during their last "huge" sale.

[quote name='Blank Earth']I'm going to wait for the so-called "huge" sale. Considering how often they do 25-30% off, I figure it would have to be in the neighborhood of 40% to be considered "huge," assuming they're not overstating the awesomeness of the sale.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and when they do it, most everything will be out of stock thanks to these smaller sales.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yes, and when they do it, most everything will be out of stock thanks to these smaller sales.[/QUOTE]
Which probably won't even matter because the servers will crash from the traffic anyway. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a gohastings.com fan, but there's a certain luck element to getting a good deal. I've got a mental list of games I might order in the event of a 40% off deal, and if I'm lucky, I'll get in early before the chaos ensues. If not, there's always next time.

[quote name='onyzukae']Time to get some $1 games!

2.They canceled KZ3 x2 shipped Black Ops(1$) + 2.98[/QUOTE]

is that possible?

[quote name='iRandom']is that possible?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Roadrunner']They sometimes run out of stock while processing your order. Therefore the out of stock items get cancelled.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten to where you enter in the promotion code and it says the promotion has been applied but the total cost is still that of the two games at full price. I made sure they were "previously viewed" rather than used. any ideas?

I ended up trying 2 used games as well and still no dice. To clarify, when I enter the promotion code the estimated total in the top right corner should reflect the price change correct?

I hate them usually cancel the $1 game and charge me for the other non $1 sale item. They show instock on there site for 2 weeks straight and why cancel it then? They also send dirty games and you buy a CE they send a reg edition often. It would be nice if they clean the buggers off the stuff first! Then often i got so badly scratched games i could not play some of them and there CS is one of the worst and lies often.

You get what you pay for people. I do not care anymore if they got a insane godly deal the hell i been with them over and over made me learn my lesson over and over and finally stuck this time.-

[quote name='iRandom']is that possible?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Their online system is prone to glitches where sometimes you can add out of stock games to your cart and make it through checkout without being forced to remove the OOS item.

Unfortunately, this could also backfire on you and if say, someone trades in the OOS game, they might be able to fulfill the order for you and then you get charged for games you didn't want because you were gaming their system.

Looks like I am too late to the party. Most things I am interested in are OoS. I just picked some games up in their sale the other day, so I'll just wait for the big sale. Not a bad deal if you can find some titles.

Grabbed for xbox 360
2x copies of tiger woods 11
Legends of wrestlemania
33.xx shipped

Really good deal for TW11, been waiting to pick up for me and my brother to play online

Hmmm tempted to pull the trigger on Killzone 3, Crysis 2, and Dead Space 2 for $70 shipped.

Edit: I had good luck last time I got stuff from Hastings, so hopefully that continues. I'm pretty sure that at least one of the games I got was brand new when I received it

[quote name='equality']Hmmm tempted to pull the trigger on Killzone 3, Crysis 2, and Dead Space 2 for $70 shipped.

Edit: I had good luck last time I got stuff from Hastings, so hopefully that continues. I'm pretty sure that at least one of the games I got was brand new when I received it[/QUOTE]

That's an awesome deal.

Hmph, doesn't seem to be working for all games for me. I had 2 copies of LBP 2 and one of Portal 2, hoping to get one for a buck. I threw in Borderlands as a $10 cheapy. First borderlands came up as the $1 item, so I removed it so the deal would go to one of the other ones; but no luck! Then I tried adding a 3rd different game, thinking maybe 2 of the same game don't trigger the deal (I added Killzone 3) but still no luck.

I don't get it, I've bought from them on a ton of these sales and there were never restrictions on which games worked. And yes, my choices are used ones, not "Pre-viewed" or whatever.

[quote name='bugeeker']Hmph, doesn't seem to be working for all games for me. I had 2 copies of LBP 2 and one of Portal 2, hoping to get one for a buck. I threw in Borderlands as a $10 cheapy. First borderlands came up as the $1 item, so I removed it so the deal would go to one of the other ones; but no luck! Then I tried adding a 3rd different game, thinking maybe 2 of the same game don't trigger the deal (I added Killzone 3) but still no luck.

I don't get it, I've bought from them on a ton of these sales and there were never restrictions on which games worked. And yes, my choices are used ones, not "Pre-viewed" or whatever.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why they won't let it go through. I never picked up anything from their current sale. I hope it works for you though.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm not buying games for a long time, lol. I have too many to play now. I need to stop coming to these threads.[/QUOTE]

THIS! lol. I've been able to stay away from the gamestop and hastings b2g1 deals this time around... I've got plenty of great games to keep me busy for a long time. i cant seem to stay away from this site though haha.

you guys should check the site now, they just dropped AC Brotherhood, COD black ops and Red Dead Redemption to $19.99 each, got all three for $47 shipped :)

so i was about to get hyperdimension neptunia and the used price went from 55 to 78. omg, whatever gohastings. ;)
vaultdweller, that's awesome. also check out halo reach ;)

A few other prices, all used:

Halo Reach: 14.99
Halo Reach Legendary Edition: 29.99
Assassins Creed 360: 14.99
Fable 3: 14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. My Valkyria Chronicles ($10.18) and Demon's Souls ($14.99) both came sealed and in perfect condition. DS was black label, too. These are some of the only games I've received from GoHastings that have been sealed.

A word to the wise regarding collectors/special/limited editions; they tend to not give a damn if something is missing so long as the disc is included and works. I've grabbed both the Mafia 2 CE and Resident Evil 5 CE which each contained nothing but the steelbook, manual, and disc. It's hit or miss.

Some of the used games I've gotten from them have had some sort of disc-cleaning gunk/residue on them, but nothing that can't be wiped off with ease.

Oh, looks like they didn't even charge me. Second time that's happened.

bread's done
Back