Non-Apple MP3 Player Suggestions

cruzfactor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm looking for one below $200. It's main use is for when I go to the gym or find myself walking instead of driving. I currently have a Sansa e260 and an iPod Nano (about three years old). I'm not a big fan of the iTunes interface and don't see myself getting a new Nano despite the recent changes. I'd continue using the e260, but my Windows 7 PC doesn't recognize it whenever I connect. The Fuze+ seemed like a good choice, but the customer reviews say otherwise. Also, many of the MP3 players with a touch screen go past $200. Any help?

I am partial to my sansa fuze, I think I just have the standard one, been working for me without fail for over 4 years. I leave it in my car rain shine hot cold, and its fine! I think you can get a 4 gb for under 40 and a 8gb for 50 or maybe a little more but both are under 100$ In addition, works great on y win 7 and they have a sd slot for expandable memory.

Zune HD seems to fit your description pretty well. 16GB models are around $100 I think these days. It's very thin and light, touch screen, internet browser, photo/video, apps/games, good battery...no drag and drop though.

i've got a zune hd and i love it. the software sucks though and i still use itunes to import music into my library [ but use the zune software to sync ].

that aside, the zune has a good battery, a great ui, hd radio, an OLED screen with gorilla glass [ scratch resistant ], and if you buy a zune pass you have access to their whole market place.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']I am partial to my sansa fuze, I think I just have the standard one, been working for me without fail for over 4 years. I leave it in my car rain shine hot cold, and its fine! I think you can get a 4 gb for under 40 and a 8gb for 50 or maybe a little more but both are under 100$ In addition, works great on y win 7 and they have a sd slot for expandable memory.[/QUOTE]

Same. I also have the first (no +) Fuze. No need to upgrade to the Fuze+ as mine is still going strong and I've read about the Fuze+'s touch panel acting wonky.

You can drag and drop with the Fuze, which is a big plus for me. I have a Zune 4GB and while it's tiny and the screen is awesome, I find myself using the Fuze more, especially while running, because it's so rugged. I alternate between the Fuze and 2nd Gen Shuffle for running. The expandable memory is great and you can delete songs/podcasts on the fly from within the Fuze - another plus for me.

Also, Fuze + Rockbox = yay.

Good luck!

I also have a Zune HD and like it. The screen is really nice for watching cartoons/anime but sometimes the touch screen gets unresponsive and freaks out. I here it happens to other people and wish they would fix it with a firmware update.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I was going to mention the Creative Zen Vision: M. I've had my 32 gb model for about four years. It's not a touch screen though.[/QUOTE]

I recommend this as well. My battery won't charge anymore and I've been without an MP3 player for a couple of years now. I think the device interface is easy to use and its easy to access music, movies, and pictures. You can drag and drop in Windows Explorer. I've never found a good way to get the music files organized structurally though.

bread's done
Back