Best 2D shooter

steve_k

CAGiversary!
What's the best 2D shooter available on the PSN? I'm referencing aerial space craft / air craft shooters. I'm leaning towards R Type Delta. Is there something better I should maybe consider?

[quote name='jello44']lolbullethell

fuckin' weeaboos.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a weeboo, those are the only japanese type games I have. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best 2D shooter, regardless of genre, is Everyday Shooter. To this day one of the top 10 PS3 games I have ever played

I am not a big shooter guy (and haven't played the other games mentioned thus far), but I am having lots of fun with Super Stardust HD. Now sure if it's technically 2D, but it's close enough.

Soldner X is really hard for me. I quit after a couple tries, but I can tell it is a good game for those that are really good at shooters.

I also am having fun with Super Stardust and I can see how it could be considered 2D since everything revolves around one plane.

Soldner-X gets easier the more you play it, as you not only get familiar with the levels but you also get more lives to help you last longer.

Super Stardust HD is one of my favourite. Soldner-X is hard! I havent played it in awhile but I had a hard time beating the tank boss. I should get back to finishing it.

bread's done
Back