L.A. Noire, Mortal Kombat, Brink, and Tiger Woods $39.99 each at Amazon

There's a third party seller selling it for $5 + shipping. Obviously a price mistake though, pretty much everything in that store is $5, including phones, camera, laptops, etc.

[quote name='blazenumb1']Yea, I'd say so. Almost wanna try it but I just know its a scam, didn't expect to see something like this on Amazon though.[/QUOTE]

I bit after carefully reading Amazon's marketplace purchase policies and ensuring I'd get shipping back as well if it is some weird sort of scam. I'll report back after I either receive it or find out that it's not happening.

I just bit too after calling an Amazon rep and making sure my personal information is safe and I can get my money back. Wish me luck!

[quote name='TraBuch']There's a third party seller selling it for $5 + shipping. Obviously a price mistake though, pretty much everything in that store is $5, including phones, camera, laptops, etc.[/QUOTE]

I bit on a copy of Zelda 3DS, we will see what happens.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']I bit after carefully reading Amazon's marketplace purchase policies and ensuring I'd get shipping back as well if it is some weird sort of scam. I'll report back after I either receive it or find out that it's not happening.[/QUOTE]

sure it will not be as expected the store is selling a laptop for 5.00. I put in a purchase also.

[quote name='topplehat']I bit on a copy of Zelda 3DS, we will see what happens.[/QUOTE]

what do you think will happen? surely you can't expect something to be shipped to you when it's obviously a scam. Their username doesn't even match their logo (3011 electronics/3011 electronico)

Scam or not, with Amazon not giving away my information and with their escrow-style 3rd Party Seller system, I don't see why it isn't worth the attempt.

[quote name='kellte2']Scam or not, with Amazon not giving away my information and with their escrow-style 3rd Party Seller system, I don't see why it isn't worth the attempt.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. If amazon doesn't help I just go to my online banking and hit dispute and fill out a little form. Sure it will just end up getting refunded though.

[quote name='Scorch']what do you think will happen? surely you can't expect something to be shipped to you when it's obviously a scam. Their username doesn't even match their logo (3011 electronics/3011 electronico)[/QUOTE]

What is there to lose? In the rare chance that it is valid I will be happy, in the likely event that it's not true, I will get my money back. I have nothing to lose.

[quote name='xCappax']it's a scam... look at the last items where it says "order from our website Alturl"[/QUOTE]

I cannot WAIT for my $5 "new" copy of LA Noire for the Xbox 360!

[quote name='kellte2']I cannot WAIT for my $5 "new" copy of LA Noire for the Xbox 360![/QUOTE]

You're thinking small, man. My $5 laptop will be amazing.

[quote name='joeshmoe']Didn't the description clearly state it was for the DLC voucher or whatever?[/QUOTE]

"Brand new with warranty."

[quote name='topplehat']What is there to lose? In the rare chance that it is valid I will be happy, in the likely event that it's not true, I will get my money back. I have nothing to lose.[/QUOTE]

this is the kind of self-absorbed short-sighted thinking that causes fraud rates to be high and costs to go up.

You think when these scammers get their cash that nobody pays for it?

[quote name='confoosious']this is the kind of self-absorbed short-sighted thinking that causes fraud rates to be high and costs to go up.

You think when these scammers get their cash that nobody pays for it?[/QUOTE]

You do understand that Amazon doesn't GIVE them the cash for a period of weeks. It sits in their amazon seller account and is eventually transferred over to the seller's bank account, etc.

[quote name='kellte2']You do understand that Amazon doesn't GIVE them the cash for a period of weeks. It sits in their amazon seller account and is eventually transferred over to the seller's bank account, etc.[/QUOTE]

Weeks? I get my amazon marketplace payments in 3 days.

Someone needs to post those $4.99 cheap new games on SlickDeals so they can get in on legit deal fun too. We all know how they like to pick up a copy or two for themselves to play.

This game is really dropping in price already. Lots of sales and whatnot going on. Makes me glad that I traded it in for $42 or so recently.

I didn't beat it and I'd like to someday, but I'm confident I can find it for under $30 in the near future. And probably around $20 near Christmas, if not around Black Friday.

[quote name='kellte2']Maybe weeks was an exaggeration. It doesn't pay out for me until at least a week, sometimes two.[/QUOTE]

you asking for checks?

It's like clockwork, 3 days in my bank account every time.

In for inFamous 2 for $5, though I doubt it will go through.

As for LA Noire. I was able to get a net gain in amazon credit by preordering it, getting $25 in credit from them, then selling it back to them a month later for $37. It is a great game, but it doesn't really have any replay value and can be quickly 100% completed.

[quote name='confoosious']you asking for checks?

It's like clockwork, 3 days in my bank account every time.[/QUOTE]

Nope, but this conversation is leading me to check why it takes as long as it does.

[quote name='confoosious']Weeks? I get my amazon marketplace payments in 3 days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but for new sellers, Amazon holds the funds for longer, just for instances like this. Amazon is going to have quite a nice time cleaning up this mess, however.

When I started selling, they ended up holding all of my payment funds for almost THREE MONTHS, because I had what they called an extraordinarily high 'sales velocity'. Which basically means I came on there and started selling a bunch of hard to find stuff, and they wanted to give a chance for complaints or some feedback to start rolling in until they gave me the funds. I was an old eBay seller and was in a pinch to liquidate a good bit of my collection, so I did come in right off the bat selling a lot of fairly rare stuff. I understood their reasoning, but after a month or two, and sending in all kinds of pertinent information (eBays feedback records, etc...), it got to be a little ludicrous. They ended up having about $2500 of mine (that's after fees, mind you) when I finally got it; the worst part was that I had to come out of pocket for the shipping for all of those items (ie I couldn't use any of the payment money to even pay for postage, envelopes, etc...) so I was literally out of pocket $400-500 for that.

Point being, this scamsters are in for a rude surprse if they think they are going to be getting their hands on this money anytime soon. Worse case scenario (and 99% most likely), I'm out $5-10 of AMZ credit, which I am 100% confident will be returned to me. Best case (meaning that we would be akin to having the luck of a lottery winner, or a unicorn) Amazon decides out the kindness of their heart to send up the actual items from their inventory.....:rofl:

But anyway, I'm still gonna try. ;)

I talked to a rep from Amazon. I informed them how this is a possible scam and she said that they already have disabled the viewing of all the vendors items. I just got an email saying my order was canceled. Anybody else have their order dropped?

[quote name='Mischief2013']I talked to a rep from Amazon. I informed them how this is a possible scam and she said that they already have disabled the viewing of all the vendors items. I just got an email saying my order was canceled. Anybody else have their order dropped?[/QUOTE]

Yep. I didn't get an email (which annoys me a little), but my order has disappeared.

I got an email from Amazon thanking me for my order. However, when I click the order number it doesn't work, I guess my order was cancelled as well. Too bad, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

[quote name='Mischief2013']I talked to a rep from Amazon. I informed them how this is a possible scam and she said that they already have disabled the viewing of all the vendors items. I just got an email saying my order was canceled. Anybody else have their order dropped?[/QUOTE]

I would love to know if this was a scam attempt or someone not being very tech-savvy and improperly setting up their storefront. At least for a couple hours I was able to fantasize about getting LA Noire for $10.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']I would love to know if this was a scam attempt or someone not being very tech-savvy and improperly setting up their storefront. At least for a couple hours I was able to fantasize about getting LA Noire for $10.[/QUOTE]

Probably more realistic than a 3-way.

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']Probably more realistic than a 3-way.[/QUOTE]

To be totally honest, the last hour of fantasizing was all about a three-way with LA Noire and Jessica Alba.

Meth: Not even once.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']I would love to know if this was a scam attempt or someone not being very tech-savvy and improperly setting up their storefront. At least for a couple hours I was able to fantasize about getting LA Noire for $10.[/QUOTE]

That what I was thinking it might be at first.

I got the cancellation emails this morning and it said my order with the Mummy store was cancelled. :\

What price is Brink honestly worth...or should it be avoided at all costs? Just wondering to hear some current players' opinions after recent patching.

[quote name='topplehat']What is there to lose? In the rare chance that it is valid I will be happy, in the likely event that it's not true, I will get my money back. I have nothing to lose.[/QUOTE]
Isn't there a lifetime limit on how many Marketplace claims you can file? I'd hate to burn one up on something you already know isn't legit.

[quote name='travdark']What price is Brink honestly worth...or should it be avoided at all costs? Just wondering to hear some current players' opinions after recent patching.[/QUOTE]

From the short time I played it(seemed very repetitive and little replay value) and from the reviews I have read, its not worth more than $20 to me. That's just my opinion though.

bread's done
Back