Gamestop Power-up rewards steal of the week 6/20-6/26

xenozfan2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Get two Zelda Legends for the price of one
Steal of the Week! Get Both Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass & Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for the Nintendo DS for Only $19.99! Costs 2500 points.

Right now the coupon says sold out but it should come back on.

Gamestop is like the Activision of retail outlets. Even though they are number 1 and make a crap ton of money on things like used games which are practically 100% profit and hurt the industry, they STILL manage to come up with things to screw gamers over, and the worst thing is? No one objects?

14.99 for 3 maps? COD: Elite? Using your rewards points not for things like $10 off but coupons that should be free to begin with?

The only good thing about activision and gamestop is, I plan on buying MW3 used just so activision doesnt get a cent from me

[quote name='xxjonoxx']No mention of it, but will this be for new or used copies I wonder...[/QUOTE]
Gotta be used. Good luck to anyone able to find them, though. No GameStop within 70 miles of me has both used or new.

[quote name='adriley313']is it for both games are $19.99 total or each is $19.99?[/QUOTE]

Both for $19.99

Not bad considering hourglass is $15 and spirt tracks is $25.

I'm not sure of the last time I saw a copy of Phantom Hourglass with a case, and I don't think GS even sells em new anymore. Still, seems alright since I paid $18 for ST just last fall.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']

The only good thing about activision and gamestop is, I plan on buying MW3 used just so activision doesnt get a cent from me[/QUOTE]

Why not buy it used off amazon or ebay and then neither lamestop or activision get your money? Thats what I do.

I typically try not to be a "Gamestop hater". And if this deal works out for you, great! I'm happy for you!

And, let me preface by thanking the OP for the deal.

But this is a ****ing terrible deal.

First off, pay for your coupon. Trade in the points you've earned for $100s in purchases, and lose the opportunity to use coupons in the future. And for that, you can hopefully get lucky and find two several years old games for a last-gen handheld, and most likely without the box and manual, for $20.

Meh. lol

$125 from buying used games to be exact or $250 from buying new stuff.
I don't like this deal either, but you do save $20 with it, but it should be around 250 points not 2500.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Gamestop is like the Activision of retail outlets. Even though they are number 1 and make a crap ton of money on things like used games which are practically 100% profit and hurt the industry, they STILL manage to come up with things to screw gamers over, and the worst thing is? No one objects?

14.99 for 3 maps? COD: Elite? Using your rewards points not for things like $10 off but coupons that should be free to begin with?

The only good thing about activision and gamestop is, I plan on buying MW3 used just so activision doesnt get a cent from me[/QUOTE]

Whatever...about a year ago there were no rewards points. You don't have to spend your points on these deals. You can always just get the $$ off coupons.

How exactly do the rewards points screw gamers over? It cost $15 a year for the membership/magazine before, and it still does, but now they give points.

bread's done
Back