radiangames Indie games

Googer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've known about and followed the entire radiangames series since the first of them, JoyJoy, came out a bit over a year ago. The series collectively are some of the highest-quality games on XBIG and are all definitely well worth at least trying the demo versions. So why draw attention to them again now? Well, radiangames has basically abandoned XBIG since sales haven't been enough to make a living off of and all future releases will be on other platforms - i.e., PC, likely iPhone, etc.

As a way of doing, well, something with the already-released games (and at least temporarily bringing them to the forefront), he has decided to permanently increase the price on all of them to 400 MS points (i.e., $5) each effective June 28th and market this as a 'Bizarro Sale' ;). Right now, they're 80 points each, so the time to buy is now. For convenience, here's a link to each of them (in chronologically released order):

1. JoyJoy
  2. Crossfire
  3. Inferno
  4. Fluid
  5. Fireball
  6. Crossfire 2
  7. Ballistic (my personal favorite)
Enjoy fellow CAG'ers, last chance to buy these gems on the cheap (while they're still undeniably worth the asking price). :p

Indie games for 400 points = true death.
Here's a better idea rather than his stupid idea:

Release all 7 as a full XBLA game called the Radiangames Collection: 7 games for 800 MSP. Add online coop & achievements = win.

Inferno is my favorite as well, it feels like playing Gauntlet on the Tron grid.

I'm sure he and other indie devs would love to release games as full-blown XBLA releases but that's a lot easier said than done since that involves a lot of red tape of going through MS's approval process, certification, waiting to actually get a release date, etc., etc. The nice thing about Indie Games is anyone can publish through it with only a $99/year outlay to create Xbox360 target builds. :) The downside of course is much less potential due to less exposure, a (somewhat deserved based on what's out there) built-in reputation of most of the releases being utter crap, etc. :p

I tend to agree that pricing them at $5 is a kiss of death in terms of getting any more sales from them but he's already thrown in the towel with Indie Games anyway so he figured may as well and see what happens. Since he's already said he will not re-lower the prices on them again in the future no matter what though, I figured best to get the word out there on this being the last chance to get these for $1 apiece while you still can. :)

I must have forgotten there was a set date for the unsale, but today I've solidified my Radiangames portfolio :)

5 out of 7: everything but Fluid and Fireball.

With Radiangames out of the picture, I have a bad feeling about the future quality of 80-point games in the indie section. Newest releases I've tried and rejected: Poopocalypse & A Game About My Cat (which was actually pretty fun for a "cat snowboarding with her litter box" game, if they had more moves other than frontflip & backflip it might actually be worth 80 points)

Thats funny, fluid and fireball were the two I picked up. That leaves me with three of his, fluid, fireball and crossfire 2. Thought about inferno but the other 3 I was okay without.

Inferno seems like it would get boring and that it wasn't very challenging, but it was the one I had trouble deciding on getting or not. Loved his work though, too bad he's done on xbl.

[quote name='WTPolaris']Thats funny, fluid and fireball were the two I picked up. That leaves me with three of his, fluid, fireball and crossfire 2. Thought about inferno but the other 3 I was okay without.

Inferno seems like it would get boring and that it wasn't very challenging, but it was the one I had trouble deciding on getting or not. Loved his work though, too bad he's done on xbl.[/QUOTE]

Get it man, you won't regret picking up Inferno for a buck. It definitely gets a lot more challenging. Multiplayer is a blast as well.

Fluid is really good for what it is... Fireball is down right awesome.

Show Luke some love and complete the set if you're on the fence on any of them.

Here's hoping that MS will let him do Inferno 2 for XBLA for $10 or so. He has definitely proved he is talented enough... With some of the shit that is allowed on XBLA I can't believe some of the devs that they have turned down.

Turning down arcade remakes from Cave claiming that they don't want XBLA to be flooded with arcade ports really pisses me off. That was a while ago though, I think MS is starting to get the idea that a lot of people want remakes and arcade ports.

A game doesn't have to be HD and brand new to be FUN!

And who the HELL let Rush 'N Attack on XBLA? They should PAY you to play that one... lol.

Hey thanks for posting this Googer i'd never heard of them before so I downloaded all of them to check out after reading replies and looking at screens. Playing them in reverse release order and just bought Crossfire 2 and played through all 51 waves of conquest in one sitting. Loving the game and looking forward to the rest. $1 is a freaking steal for that game i'll buy a couple more for sure just to support the little guys. :D

And to the poster above i'd freaking love more Cave ports to come to the states since they are flooding the Japanese 360 market. XBL would be amazing as i've paid alot more for region free 360 releases.

EDIT: Guess I didn't do reverse order and Ballistic was the last one I tried. Bought it and JoyJoy as well, I love Geometry Wars so these were right up my alley. Inferno reminds me of Pacifism mode in GW2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw about this on D'toid and wandered over here to post it myself, but y'all already did. I've been considering getting these games for about a year, so I guess I'll nab all seven of them now.

Also, the soundtracks to each game are currently $0.99 until June 28th (normally $1.99), so all you techno-freaks can get your groove on for cheap.

http://radiangames.bandcamp.com/

Indeed, I picked up all the soundtracks as well myself since I like the Genesis-era Technosoft vibe they mostly have myself. :p I left that out of the OP though since CAG is of course about gaming, but perhaps I should have mentioned the soundtracks being half-price temporarily as well given that I've seen plenty of deal threads solely for soundtracks, etc., in the past. ;)

I picked the rest of these up (at the last minute?). I've enjoyed the Crossfire games and Inferno, so I figured I'd go ahead and get the rest.

I understand why he's not going to be making anymore games for the Xbox Indie service, but I don't agree with this price increase. Anytime I have introduced the indie game market to a friend, it has been with one of his games. Yeah, IMAGWZ has the humor, but the dual-stick shooters that are the staples of Xbox Indie games has been the RadianGames series. I think that most people see the Indie Games as a risk at best, and it is easier to get someone to spend $1 on a risky game than $5. Oh well, I wish the best of luck to him and hope to see his continued work on Steam/iOS.

bread's done
Back