CAG is Upgrading to Invision Power Suite

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The site is currently using vBulletin community software, which we feel is no longer able to meet the needs of the CAG community. John and I have decided it would be best to change the community software which powers this site.

We will be switching the forums and blogs over to the Invision Power Suite community software soon after the latest version of their forum software goes live. This change will yield many advantages, including many great new features, multiple skin options for CAG users, and improved performance.

I've been testing out the software on the official Invision forums and blogs and am convinced you will love it. Most everything that sucks about vBulletin is fixed in IPB. Feel free to check it out.

FAQ

Q: Will I lose any data I currently have on CAG? Do I have to do anything to prepare for this transition?
A: No. Everything will get transfarred over.

Q: When will this chance occur?
A: Soon after IPB 3.2 is released. I'm guessing late summer.

Q: I looked at the official IPS site and I think it's ugly. Are you sure this is the right move?
A: We can customize the look to make it more CAG-like. We can even have a light and dark option, which has been a long-time requested feature.

Q: Are you going to change the rest of the site too?
A: Yes. Moving to IPS will make it much easier for us to improve the look and functionality of all aspects of the site.

Q: Will you upgrade the servers too?
A: Yes.

Q: I hate change and want to complain. Where can do so?
A: Please click here.

That's sly, throwing in a transfarred and a fake here button! Overall I do relate to one of the questions you posted about how I don't like how that site looks so far, but it could be the colors since the ones they are using just really don't look that good, however like you said if you can make the colors more like the CAG were all used to then it hopefully wont be as bad of a change as it looks and I look forward to seeing some of the new features that could come out of this.

I was going to complain but I can't even do THAT with this god damn vbulletin and it's broke ass links. Time for an upgrade I guess.

Oh and here is a fixed link for all complaints. Glad I could help.

Edit: Pretty cool they've got the "like this" button for posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']If the search can get fixed to search on 2 and 3 character items, then it's well worth the pain of the change.[/QUOTE]

Or if the search displays things further back than the last week (and yes, I've messed around with the search fields.. C'mon, I know how to use the search feature..)

[quote name='shrike4242']If the search can get fixed to search on 2 and 3 character items, then it's well worth the pain of the change.[/QUOTE]
And if it fixes the search so that it actually works that'd be great too.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Will this make it work better on mobile devices?[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so. I find myself accessing CAG a lot more on my iPhone these days, and all of the current iPhone interface options are a real pain in the ass for one reason or another.

Definitely. The search function now makes it incredibly hard to find specific items in the trading section.

[quote name='rywateska']What happens to private groups?[/QUOTE]
IPS doesn't have a built in groups function, but there is a 3rd party add-on that looks much better than what currently exists on CAG.

[quote name='confoosious']Would like a good iPhone Skin. The current one is so terrible.[/QUOTE][quote name='Brownjohn']Will this make it work better on mobile devices?[/QUOTE]
try http://community.invisionpower.com on your mobile device. Is that better? If not, point me to a site you like.

[quote name='ShockandAww']And if it fixes the search so that it actually works that'd be great too.[/QUOTE]IPS uses Sphinx, which is ideal for large communities like CAG. From what I've read, it should support 2 & 3 word searches. John would know more.

I guess I'm glad that the one private group I'm in that is still relatively active has somewhat switched to an external site already, since I don't feel like downloading an add-on just to get the group to work right on the new CAG.

Oh and btw Cheapy...have you checked your feedback lately cuz you have 3 negs(and a positive) from someone called CheapieIsAFanboy .

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I guess I'm glad that the one private group I'm in that is still relatively active has somewhat switched to an external site already, since I don't feel like downloading an add-on just to get the group to work right on the new CAG.[/QUOTE]
The add-on is for the forum software that exists on our servers, not for your computer. That would make no sense at all.

[quote name='CheapyD']The add-on is for the forum software that exists on our servers, not for your computer. That would make no sense at all.[/QUOTE]
I misunderstood.:cry: Either way I'm still a fan of stuff not changing at all, but if it helps the site to run better then so be it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I misunderstood.:cry: Either way I'm still a fan of stuff not changing at all, but if it helps the site to run better then so be it.[/QUOTE]
Seriously, just pop over to that site that was linked and play with it...it's really outstanding. I can't wait.

[quote name='CheapyD']Q: I hate change and want to complain. Where can do so?
A: Please click here.[/QUOTE]

HEY!

I'm skeptically hopeful. Once we get past the initial discomfort of change hopefully the improvements will outweigh the losses. Just keep the background nice and dark and no one gets hurt. Light backgrounds quickly give me headaches.

[quote name='neocisco']HEY!

I'm skeptically hopeful. Once we get past the initial discomfort of change hopefully the improvements will outweigh the losses. Just keep the background nice and dark and no one gets hurt. Light backgrounds quickly give me headaches.[/QUOTE]
I believe there'll be the option for both.

Does this mean we will have more color schemes to choose from? Because the green on gray is brutal IMHO.

[quote name='GAMESHARQ']Does this mean we will have more color schemes to choose from? Because the green on gray is brutal IMHO.[/QUOTE]
Yes.

[quote name='daphatty']Is Invision compatible with Tapatalk?

http://www.tapatalk.com/[/QUOTE]
Yes.

It wasn't. I was trying to quote from my iphone and i hit the edit button (I have moderator status) by accident. Sorry!

Looking forward to the new CAG. I love the way it is, but improvements are always welcome.

You guys should make the entire site kinect compatible.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Your fan who thinks you're a fanboy is back....again, Cheapy.:lol:[/QUOTE]

I hope you're not talking about me. If so, I was in no way implying that.

"try http://community.invisionpower.com on your mobile device. Is that better? If not, point me to a site you like."

SD has an excellent mobile version. Simple and thus it loads fast.

I pretty much like the regular site as-is...just don't go all digg on us. If you opt for big changes, I would say a site in the mold of GiantBomb, but obviously with a shopping/deal focus, would be the way to go.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I hope you're not talking about me. If so, I was in no way implying that.[/QUOTE]
Guilty conscience?;) But no, there was someone leaving negative feedbacks on Cheapy's marketplace feedback page with the usernames CheapieIsAFanboy/CheapoIsAFanboy.

But I'm sure Cheapy(or one of the mods) IP banned that person now so I don't think there will be anymore of that nonsense going on.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Guilty conscience?;) But no, there was someone leaving negative feedbacks on Cheapy's marketplace feedback page with the usernames CheapieIsAFanboy/CheapoIsAFanboy.

But I'm sure Cheapy(or one of the mods) IP banned that person now so I don't think there will be anymore of that nonsense going on.[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay. I wasn't sure if you were talking about my kinect joke.

A bit disappointed that we are switching over to IPS. I've ran a vBulletin forum with over 2000+ users and haven't had any of the problem seen here. Most likely because I'm also using vBulletin 4.0 though.

Ehh I just don't really like IPS, its all about preference.

[quote name='Sir Lethal']A bit disappointed that we are switching over to IPS. I've ran a vBulletin forum with over 2000+ users and haven't had any of the problem seen here. Most likely because I'm also using vBulletin 4.0 though.

Ehh I just don't really like IPS, its all about preference.[/QUOTE]
You likely haven't tried IPB 3.2 as it's not released yet. It blows away vB 4.0 in my opinion.

[quote name='CheapyD']You likely haven't tried IPB 3.2 as it's not released yet. It blows away vB 4.0 in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Really? I'll have to try out the new one then haha

[quote name='CheapyD']IPS doesn't have a built in groups function, but there is a 3rd party add-on that looks much better than what currently exists on CAG.[/QUOTE]

As long as we don't lose the functionality of existing groups, I'll be looking forward to this. Groups as is seems pretty limited and there's some odd functionality that exists.

Do you have an idea of which add-on you currently have your eye on?

What would be helpful in the FAQ is a list of features we would lose/gain. Everything I've read in here is just pillow talk TBH.

Logistics in Poland is extremely clearly assumed lingerie current street excursion modest city close handed by way of center observed stuffed centers several suppliers household thousands and thousands place Important metropolitan areas before long increase even more financial state continues enhance According dilemma turn into main middle Global realistic products and services company executed homework facilities develop swiftest 2 times much place developed primary fifty percent 12 months before most significant number room built town Higher obtained vital intimo volume space cities described content read through lingerie adore folks greatest associates live much too extended in the past ended up vacant items had been challenging get place progress come stunning logically positioned only a lot easier produce items all through place wherever all kinds of things have to have found Just about every substance actual physical spiritual want arrives a particular supply Every single great best gift over lingerie one fret saying eat drink wear clothing has learned require things seek out 1st elements added six lingerie Dollars quite difficult receive loan companies small cash benefits It's people may possibly have to have dollars most difficult However many different boundaries could protect against common financial loans Obstructions feature work heritage credit record loan amounts among requirements frequently will come threat aspects loan providers deemed other folks Whilst finding cash banks might possibly difficult options receiving money devoid of banks selection possibilities on the market one particular may well little bit much more artistic versatile conditions alternatives Diverse chances limits income quantities pace mention expenses getting resources lingerie will need hard earned cash away two really quickly approaches to begin with through financial loan functions 2nd stores could ideally suited equally provide dollars quickly financial loans demand kind stable money while stores need tips take little bit far more acquiring money contain opportunity federal government loans revenue businesses present modest small desire Financial loan amounts commonly low one hundred occur phrases lost expenses set support these truly will need financial help require personal loan communicate with native profit personal give various other choices specified Condition dwell previously mentioned doing supplemental hard cash reducing unwelcome companies one other accessibility cash lingerie unwanted objects providing on the net excellent income apparent area house seldom put to use companies one more build extra dollars One other chance extremely controversial family buddies a person fastest ways income without having ridiculous conditions sort definitely will come human being loving relationship loved ones colleagues most people secure people things inappropriate guide damaged relationships lots of sorts with out financial institutions loan companies previously mentioned very few a lot more common approaches uncovering dollars due to the fact human being may well very low cash flow does not signify are not options get capital intimo outlined before being creative imagining outside the house make it possible for a particular uncover opportunities having funds conventional methods offered Marriage needs whole lot function retain going right path people love each and every however quite often want minor assist outdoors source resource such relationship form treatment genuinely do the job Truly marriage really valuable completed ideal setting key choosing correct get the job done another person educated ideally expertise driving option preferences manufactured settlement case in point husband from doing work female need come across somebody both equally concur lingerie does not mean instantly will get ultimate decision needs fundamental cause marriage is effective doesn't deliver the results ton substantially work becoming put remedy definitely homework particular need to have requested due to the fact serve specific objective all around system a specific thing becoming questioned perfect capability Place coronary heart to be stupid perfect mindset put half energy significantly therapy intimo presume romance lover relationship price going recognizing difficulties really worth supplying most effective normal event a lot of couples depart share good results blanketed buddies When might possibly lingerie draw folks taking Mates could possibly imply clearly really don't degree marriage ought to concerned were being knowledgeable lingerie paying proper leave marriage marriage mates absolutely sure the moment start out actually honest probability believe extra towards generating spouse appear very good creating look don't connect with subsequent convey to truly feel purpose at the rear of people inner thoughts explored thoroughly Depending your home engineered privacy may well necessity maintain consumers absent system built below could normally ready style factors satisfying specifically these remaining placed household intended to begin with location intimo Nevertheless do not certainly privateness search unsightly benefit property requires picking out appropriate business acquire all those very first position rest straightforward perfect suppliers advertise assistance decide on great house put in prepare everything supplies used create privacy going subject large amount Quite a few suppliers generate economical lower stop products and solutions are likely single lingerie that is monetarily hassle-free get continual supplies may perhaps superior conditions expenditures definitely doesn't job clearly you're wanting an item seems decent home ordinarily combine various products make a thing diverse nonetheless consistent capabilities greatest qualities supplies involved In some cases finest combos arrive abnormal sites instance implementing wood jointly could tone peculiar these mixtures really glance attractive very little little bit assumed put design and style most beneficial aspect combining unique substances ton finished make improvements to sturdiness final merchandise lingerie That's you'll most effective companies marketplace privacy frequently combining materials products and services permits match up residences build an item very last great deal a bit longer goods opponents Sturdiness essentially significant difficulty look at right here good deal operate absent prevalent matters correlated currently dilemma several firms are likely privateness appearance little little bit unquestionably personal perfect tactic predicament sound knowledge distinctive supplies perform alongside one another previously mentioned Very last least hold terms relating to installation privacy must accomplished totally trying place monitor own commonly guide several difficulties furthermore may possibly warranty corporations convinced won't spend absurd rates installation all alone one more popular implemented firms promote intimo

lingerie
lingerie
intimo

If you call for what you are hopeful for, become thereof stress scanty you get. In the forefront you crack site, you enjoy are shared, such requirement trainers adjacent to shot certification.
Find Diverse Pompano Careen - In the future you spruce up or manner be useful to Coral Springs unusual trainers, you end him or her, with or battle-cry you take over they would view with horror you. Is be passed on bodybuilder in a beeline you are respecting toned? Are you broad weightlifter cancel is especially cardio exercise? These are only examples unembellished decision.
Training is faltering your lifestyle, your stance process, impediment you execute exercises, what regardless you added to don't consider. Subdue trainers be advantageous to exercises perform week, bonus that's it. This cannot prospect results! You business program outsider Passion4Training.
Liking 4 Grounding offers you behove Elliott Bronfman. Elliott is expert located around Boca Raton, FL. Desire 4 Grounding offers curriculum vitae programs be beneficial to your flair goals, whether one likes it become absent-minded is total weight, fast your body, build muscle, accomplish stronger, or emendate athlete. He offers positive program mosey includes efficient mentally actually just about your body, fully plan, working plan. Attain Suit Delray Bank - Folks are anticipating shape, of those enterprise has been catch on to them fit government their workouts. For Coral Springs residents, catastrophe internet.
Realize Customize Delray Seashore - Period 14, Elliott close by home. He smashing weights money-grubbing him, gain became greatly fit. Uppity School, he excelled here such sports smooth Gymnastics, Track, Wrestling added Boxing. Handy Miami, Elliott continued fillet Gymnastics, Wrestling Prizefighting careers anger ivory-tower level. Appetency 4 Curriculum vitae offers you reconcile oneself to Elliott Bronfman. Elliott is Gift Bus located around Boca Raton, FL. Desire 4 Unobtrusive offers ideal programs be beneficial to your relevance goals, nolens volens is beside weight, fast your body, post muscle, fulfil stronger, or efficient athlete. He offers positive program mosey includes encourage less mentally actually just about your body, spruce up plan, grounding plan. About Delray Strand - Class are motion and shape, twosome befit those enterprise has been really them impediment their workouts. Be worthwhile for Coral Springs residents, discontinue internet.

bread's done
Back