Amazon VG Lightning Deals 06/24, starts @ 10:00 AM PDT

[quote name='jacknicklson']All PSP RPGs, could be interesting

And lol at them saying this is new, they've done this in the past in this fashion[/QUOTE]

I think their point was they plan to do this every Friday starting now.

All PST

10AM The first of a new trilogy in the established The Legend of Heroes RPG series for PSP
1PM The world of Lunar is slowly descending into chaos
3PM A tale of Five Great Dragons on the PSP
5PM The standard version of our 10AM deal
6PM A Classic RPG gets a facelift for the PSP in a Premium Edition
7PM A Classic RPG gets a facelift for the PSP in a Standard Edition

Damn they're smart with doing the premium editions first then doing standard later in the day

Annoying as hell though, the "sale" prices on the premium editions will probably be the normal price for the regular editions

Looks like a couple of Ys games are going to be on sale. The 'Five Dragons' clue is for Ys Seven and I think the 'classic RPG with a face lift' clue should be for Ys III: Oath of Felghana

For those wondering what the Trails premium edition includes:
Limited Edition includes the following additional contents to the standard game: Soundtrack CD containing over 20 songs, 13-inch by 19.5-inch poster, 1.5-inch Bracer Guild replica metal badge

71tVD5KRxYL._AA1080_.jpg

Was on the fence with the LE vs waiting for the standard edition later today but since my prime expired I went with the LE since it qualified for free shipping without having to add some filler I don't really need anyway.

for lightning deals they ship based of the original price, not the sale price. So a lot of these lighting deals will have free shipping even if the sale price is below $25. Just a heads-up

I was hoping for a sly collection deal or one for bulletstorm. they should do this each week highlighting a differint console each week. this is a good idea from amazon cause with the psp almost being dead and with the vita comming they need to clear stock of the psp games. Does this sale start today or next friday ?

[quote name='kk012']Is $27.99 a good price for Trails in the Sky premium edition?[/QUOTE]

You get some neat stuff with it, there's a standard edition deal at 8PM EDT if you're iffy about paying that much.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I was hoping for a sly collection deal or one for bulletstorm. they should do this each week highlighting a differint console each week. this is a good idea from amazon cause with the psp almost being dead and with the vita comming they need to clear stock of the psp games. Does this sale start today or next friday ?[/QUOTE]
today (right now)

[quote name='Brother Daz']for lightning deals they ship based of the original price, not the sale price. So a lot of these lighting deals will have free shipping even if the sale price is below $25. Just a heads-up[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I didn't know that. It looks like I may not be done shopping for the day then :)

I would bite on Trails but I get the feeling that all PSP games will be cleared out by the end of the year as the Vita (*shudder*) won't support UMDs. Plus, most of XSeed's CEs are mass produced... hopefully this one hits $20 like Lunar SSH did.

I would probably bite on one of the Y's games later today, but I can't justify buying any more disk-based PSP games since they won't be playable on the Vita.

At least they just dropped this on us, instead of letting us know a few days in advance and let the unrealistic expectation build up.

[quote name='benjamouth']At least they just dropped this on us, instead of letting us know a few days in advance and let the unrealistic expectation build up.[/QUOTE]I'm sure that's why they did it, since it wouldn't be a surprise if they have their marketing people checking out forums like ours for feedback on their sales.

Hopefully this will be a trend for less delay on sales like this and that they're better. Let's hope this does sell well for them and they're going to have good deals going forward.

[quote name='proKoyeon']i've never seen them do this, but i think it's a great idea (even if they've done it before)...they should do it more often[/QUOTE]

This is a fantastic idea and I agree, I hope they do this every friday if Amazon is so inclined. I don't even play my PSP anymore and I'm intrigued by the late night RPG remake deal

For those wondering: Trails In the Sky is the best JRPG on the PSP and, to be quite honest, one of the best JRPG's to be released in years. I'm not even a huge fan of the genre, but I love this game--every little thing about it is so polished and well thought out.

If you own a PSP and want something to keep you busy until the Vita, look no further.

If they offered discounted digital codes for XSEED games as LD's, I'd bite on those.

Can't justify buying any UMDs anymore, dammit >.<

Pretty good deals though, and none of the games suck!

[quote name='AwRy108']For those wondering: Trails In the Sky is the best JRPG on the PSP and, to be quite honest, one of the best JRPG's to be released in years. I'm not even a huge fan of the genre, but I love this game--every little thing about it is so polished and well thought out.

If you own a PSP and want something to keep you busy until the Vita, look no further.[/QUOTE]

You sold me on it. Just ordered one. Already have the premium edition for the Y's series. So this is just another one to add to the collection.

If the standard version of tails hits $15 I might bite. Otherwise this is a great idea, which I hope happens every friday. I have enough RPG's to keep me busy for a few months.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']You sold me on it. Just ordered one. Already have the premium edition for the Y's series. So this is just another one to add to the collection.[/QUOTE]

You won't be disappointed.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If the standard version of tails hits $15 I might bite. Otherwise this is a great idea, which I hope happens every friday. I have enough RPG's to keep me busy for a few months.[/QUOTE]

this is what I'm hoping for, none of these extras really jump out at me.

[quote name='jacknicklson']They confirmed it will happen every Friday[/QUOTE]
oh wow really? do you have a link?

i am seriously excited

I bit. I haven't seen any of the Falcom LEs drop much below $30 (excluding today's inevitable lightning deal on Oath in Felghana), so now's as good a time as any to get it, I suppose.

It looks great, I just have no idea how XSEED is going to carry through on their promise to bring the two other games in the series when we likely wouldn't get the last one until 2013. I'm not the "omg my UMDs are going to spontaneously selfdestruct the second the Vita is on shelves!!!" type, but even some of the niche that XSEED caters to has to move on eventually.

[quote name='elessar123']Guess I'm in for $28 TitS =D A little pricier than a strip club, I guess, but I get to keep this one![/QUOTE]

Ahahahha you said Tits. Ahahahhhaha

[quote name='giantqtipz']Ahahahha you said Tits. Ahahahhhaha[/QUOTE]

There was a joke in the RPG thread about saying out loud "LoH:TitS".

bread's done
Back