- - - - -

AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - Final Trailer

#181 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4388 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

That looks close enough to a Skrull, and I'm sure Marvel will just call them Chitauri instead of Skrulls.

#182 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8911 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

Terrific Avengers interview with Mark Ruffalo/The Hulk

Decent interview with Kevin Feige, president of Marvel, about Avengers and upcoming films

Edited by eastx, 16 April 2012 - 09:28 AM.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Streaming games and giving out prizes every Saturday, plus random midweek streams!

#183 Jcaugustine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Jcaugustine

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Terrific Avengers interview with Mark Ruffalo/The Hulk

Decent interview with Kevin Feige, president of Marvel, about Avengers and upcoming films

Cool!

Guardians of the Galaxy FTW!

#184 Jcaugustine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Jcaugustine

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

Reviews are pouring in!

First 18 reviews in = 100%

http://www.rottentom...s_the_avengers/

Posted Image

Nothing can stay 100% forever, but damn!

Edited by Jcaugustine, 20 April 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#185 davo1224   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

I imagine that's largely fanboyism for the most part. Something about having a superhero movie with Scarlet Johannson and Mark Ruffalo just sounds cheesy from the get-go.

#186 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8911 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

IGN's Avengers review

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Streaming games and giving out prizes every Saturday, plus random midweek streams!

#187 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22402 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

I really need to get Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America on blu-ray and watch them. I'm way behind...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#188 Predator Ranger   Admiral Awesome CAGiversary!   2656 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Predator Ranger

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

I just bought my ticket for the movie marathon at my local theater -- Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America, all leading up to a midnight premiere of Avengers. So fucking excited.
Posted Image

#189 blindinglights   ... CAGiversary!   4579 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

blindinglights

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

I just bought my ticket for the movie marathon at my local theater -- Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America, all leading up to a midnight premiere of Avengers. So fucking excited.

That sounds awesome, but I can only imagine what kind of crowd will show up for that.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#190 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

The Incredible Hulk is part of the marathon too, I believe. I wanted to go to it but I wouldn't have the time with school, work and all that other stuff. Enjoy it though! :applause:
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#191 Predator Ranger   Admiral Awesome CAGiversary!   2656 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Predator Ranger

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

That sounds awesome, but I can only imagine what kind of crowd will show up for that.

Yeah, that's my biggest concern -- and unfortunately, I don't have any friends nerdy enough to go to 12 hours of straight movies with me :lol:

The Incredible Hulk is part of the marathon too, I believe. I wanted to go to it but I wouldn't have the time with school, work and all that other stuff. Enjoy it though! :applause:

Incredible Hulk isn't part of the one I'm going to, sadly. I believe it's included in showings at AMC theaters, but for some reason, not at Regal. Either way, I've never been so happy to have Fridays off ;)
Posted Image

#192 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17240 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

I really thought about doing the whole marathon. That's a shit load of movies to sit thru one after the other. The most I've sat thru was FOUR movies 2 years ago. It's too much since I would be gone for like 15-16 hours :O
I am pretty sure theater owners would do some promos like free t-shirts for making it thru all movies. Do you know how much sugar and salt you will be taking in that day/night to stay up for the Avengers? They would have to give out free shit to keep people around.

Edited by ITDEFX, 21 April 2012 - 02:28 AM.

#193 TKtheknight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

TKtheknight

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

As of this post, the Avengers on Rotten Tomatoes so far has 24 good reviews and 1 bad review. That 1 bad review said "Apparently, bootleg copies of Transformers 3 made it to Asgard." Lol WTF?! XD

#194 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   48202 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

I really need to get Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America on blu-ray and watch them. I'm way behind...

I need to put in some viewing time for Thor & Captain America for me, though at least I own them, so I'm a step better than you. :razz:

#195 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17240 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

I need to put in some viewing time for Thor & Captain America for me, though at least I own them, so I'm a step better than you. :razz:

My Fiancee has not seen TIC nor HULK. We have seen the other movies together. It's not necessary to see all of them to understand the avengers.

#196 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8911 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

Why wouldn't you own these movies? All but Iron Man 2 are really good-great. Speaking of which, Iron Man 2 is available on Netflix, so you don't even need to pay to see it.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central

#197 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17240 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

Why wouldn't you own these movies? All but Iron Man 2 are really good-great. Speaking of which, Iron Man 2 is available on Netflix, so you don't even need to pay to see it.

I think Javy has a kid so money has to go to diapers or something.

#198 HanawayCoca   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

HanawayCoca

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

As of this post, the Avengers on Rotten Tomatoes so far has 24 good reviews and 1 bad review. That 1 bad review said "Apparently, bootleg copies of Transformers 3 made it to Asgard." Lol WTF?! XD

Avengers 96% fresh rating.

If you read that 1 negative review, Amy Nicholson the author calls Nick Fury, Nick Frost and apparently she hates Marvel in general. She gave all Marvel films - Avengers, Iron Man, and TIH all rotten reviews. But she gives every DC film even Green Lantern and Watchmen all fresh reviews. LOL

#199 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   38596 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Yes, I'm sure she's a DC fangirl.

Also Watchmen was great.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#200 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8911 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

I loved Watchmen too, but I don't know how anyone could prefer the Green Lantern film to Marvel movies. It does not hold up under scrutiny. In other words, I hate her.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central

#201 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   38596 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

I loved Watchmen too, but I don't know how anyone could prefer the Green Lantern film to Marvel movies. It does not hold up under scrutiny. In other words, I hate her.

I didn't like Green Lantern, but I thought it was less stupid than Iron Man 2.

IMO most of the Marvel movies are fine, but I've felt no urge to watch any of them more than once, and I'm not surprised she compared Avengers to Transformers 3. That's the vibe the trailer has been giving me.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#202 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8911 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

IMO most of the Marvel movies are fine, but I've felt no urge to watch any of them more than once, and I'm not surprised she compared Avengers to Transformers 3. That's the vibe the trailer has been giving me.

Oh, I agree that Iron Man 2 is not a good film. Maybe I did like Green Lantern slightly more, but that's faint praise.

Avengers has some obvious similarities to Transformers 3, namely that it involves a large-scale alien invasion in a big city, and to a lesser extent, the design of the giant worm seen in the trailer. But Transformers 3 also has about a million flaws, mainly involving script, logic, and tone. From the reviews so far, it sounds like Avengers is a far better movie. Certainly Joss Whedon is a better director and script-writer than Mr. Bay.

Edited by eastx, 22 April 2012 - 10:47 AM.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central

#203 htz  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Oh, I agree that Iron Man 2 is not a good film. Maybe I did like Green Lantern slightly more, but that's faint praise.

Avengers has some obviously similarities to Transformers 3, namely that it involves a large-scale alien invasion in a big city, and to a lesser extent, the design of the giant worm seen in the trailer. But Transformers 3 also has about a million flaws, mainly involving script, logic, and tone. From the reviews so far, it sounds like Avengers is a far better movie. Certainly Joss Whedon is a better director and script-writer than Mr. Bay.

Movies like transformers shouldn't even need a review. Who goes to see transformers for the story? I personally like the transformers movies due to ILM's CGI work and the adrenaline rush. Same reason why I'm going to go see Battleship, Avengers, and GI Joe this summer.

Edited by htz, 22 April 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#204 davo1224   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Green Lantern was so bad. I sat through it constantly wondering when it would end.

#205 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Iron Man 2 is a great film. Most people get jaded by how superb the first film was and yeah, it wasn't as good as the first, but Iron man 2 was still a great movie.

As for Green Lantern and Watchmen, they were both pretty bad. Watchmen had it's moments, but it was devoid of all emotion and tension that made the graphic novel the powerhouse that it is. Green Lantern was just bad -- failed writing, failed acting and terrible 3D for a movie that should have been in space the entire time.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#206 HanawayCoca   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

HanawayCoca

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

I liked Watchmen too as someone who actually read the book, but the general consensus gave it a 64% rating because general movie goers didn't care for it.

Nothing wrong with her being a sole DC fangirl, but it's still hard to take Amy Nicholson's review with merit because it was so poorly written, no spell check, she got the chracters names all wrong (Nick Frost), and her past history shows EVERY Marvel film she reviewed, she gave all rottens.

#207 Tony Stark   Keep Calm Chive On CAGiversary!   824 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

my opinion on the order of Marvel movies that tie to the Avengers...

Iron Man 2 - Thor tied
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
Capt America

Check my YouTube channel for exotic cars: https://www.youtube.com/user/DKGarage

#208 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17240 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

Watchmen was amazing. Very dark. Honestly the DC killed it when they added more Specter sex scenes. Too bad about Rorschach...I actually liked that guy.

#209 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   38596 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Iron Man 2 is a great film. Most people get jaded by how superb the first film was and yeah, it wasn't as good as the first, but Iron man 2 was still a great movie.

Not me. I thought the first one was good, but it didn't blow me away. Iron Man 2 just had so many obvious plot holes. Keep in mind, I'm not one to nitpick or look for those things in movies, but they were just so obvious in Iron Man 2.

#210 Tony Stark   Keep Calm Chive On CAGiversary!   824 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Not me. I thought the first one was good, but it didn't blow me away. Iron Man 2 just had so many obvious plot holes. Keep in mind, I'm not one to nitpick or look for those things in movies, but they were just so obvious in Iron Man 2.

examples of the plot holes?

Check my YouTube channel for exotic cars: https://www.youtube.com/user/DKGarage