Monado: Beginning of the World / Xenoblade (Wii) Pre-Order @ amazon ($59.99)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celsius

CAGiversary!
Before coming in here to complain MSRP isn't a deal, please listen for a bit!

There is an increasingly growing campaign, spanning multiple forums and gaming sites (NeoGaf, IGN, GoNintendo, Kotaku, Destructoid, Gamefaqs, Nintendoeverything, and more), trying to get Nintendo to listen up and release this (+The Last Story and Pandora's Tower) in the U.S.

The campaign includes snail mail writing, e-mail, phone calls, facebook, and twitter and the turn-out has been beyond all expectations thus far. Comments on Nintendo's Facebook had passed 1,300 in just 24 hours.

But actions speak louder than words, so to convey that Nintendo fans really want this, people have decided to show for it by pre-ordering on amazon -- hoping to get it to the #1 sales rank in video games from #12,000+

Results:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #30 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#1 in Video Games > Wii > Action
#5 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

See this too: http://666kb.com/i/bunsqwbujfsk3nuqf.gif

So the deal is this, please pre-order it to help get it released in the U.S. Remember: actions speak louder than words.

Pre-Order: http://www.amazon.com/Monado-Beginn...1MYG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309008677&sr=8-1

It costs nothing to pre-order! also, if the game does come out, the MSRP will surely drop to $49.99.

Edit -- Update #1:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #25 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#4 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

Edit: Update #2:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #24 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#3 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

Edit: Update #3 on amazon sales rank:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#16 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

Edit: Update #4 on amazon sales rank:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#9 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#1 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

Edit: Update #5 on amazon sales rank:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#4 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
it's been listed for 2 years i think, but i never pre ordered because of the price. after hearing it may make a difference, i will certainly do so. it may even help us get the Last Story if this is successful. i know this is getting a EU release, so this shouldn't be a difficult decision for SOME publisher out there, you know?

Good luck with this, but I've had NOA pass over a few games I've really wanted to play and I'm pretty sure that once NOA has made up their mind that's basically it.

[quote name='rainking187']Good luck with this, but I've had NOA pass over a few games I've really wanted to play and I'm pretty sure that once NOA has made up their mind that's basically it.[/QUOTE]

You can thank that piece of shit 'Reggie Fils-Aime' for that.

Update:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #25 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#4 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

Edit: How ironic that the one game to now show up at E3 2011 beats out every single game Nintendo DID show.

After playing Radiant Historia, my love for JRPGs has been renewed to PS1 era levels, so I was looking forward to TLS and Xenoblade. I had no idea that they weren't bringing these two games over here.

As much as I don't like Nintendo these days, I'd love them for publishing these two games in NA. But I honestly doubt they will. They know a Wii game won't sell unless it's some mini-game garbage with Mario plastered over it.

Couldn't a third party (I'm looking at Atlus or Xseed) be better targets? I know Nintendo owns the rights but I'm guessing they wouldn't have any issues with someone else publishing the game over here.

Oh well, either way, pre-ordered.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Doesn't preorder, maybe the game is shit.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing. It's not shit. It's the highest rated JRPG of the generation thus far. When the game came out, even the popular JP message board 2ch -- which usually just bashes games -- recognized it was good. Word of mouth about how good the game was spread and gave the game good enough legs to stay on the charts for a bit. People who've played it have only praised it.

[quote name='Cheapskate']I'm still waiting on a US release of Earthbound 64... >_>[/QUOTE]

Or a Japanese release, for that matter.

Eh, might as well jump in on this Xenoblade preorder thing, since I believe in the cause.

[quote name='nddave']59.99 wii game = pass
Im really hard pressed (wait for deals) to pay 59.99 for ps3/360 game[/QUOTE]

The idea is to preorder it so that Nintendo will have more incentive to bring over JRPGs...you can still cancel it before it actually comes out.

Just came to say what tossin said. Please pre-order and if it gets a date, just cancel. Even if you aren't interested in the game, it helps all gamers by getting NOA to listen to their supporters. If this works, we may see more games down the line that wouldn't normally be released in the states.

Update #3 on amazon sales rank:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#16 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

[quote name='momouchi']Just came to say what tossin said. Please pre-order and if it gets a date, just cancel. Even if you aren't interested in the game, it helps all gamers by getting NOA to listen to their supporters. If this works, we may see more games down the line that wouldn't normally be released in the states.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, if you think more carefully, if lots of people pre-order now and cancels when nintendo decides to release it, I think that would do more harm than good for future chances of getting games over here. IMHO, pre-order only if you are really going to go through with the purchase, unless this is the only title you want ported.

[quote name='tossin']The idea is to preorder it so that Nintendo will have more incentive to bring over JRPGs...you can still cancel it before it actually comes out.[/QUOTE]

That Nintendo will have more incentive to bring over JRPGs or
That Nintendo will have more incentive to charge 59.99 for thier games?

[quote name='Asgardian']FWIW, if you think more carefully, if lots of people pre-order now and cancels when nintendo decides to release it, I think that would do more harm than good for future chances of getting games over here. IMHO, pre-order only if you are really going to go through with the purchase, unless this is the only title you want ported.[/QUOTE]

That's true... but I think most people pre-ordering this will likely keep the pre-order. I hope.

Done & done. Also posted a couple polite messages on Nintendo's facebook. Will also send them hand-written letters for Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. They have almost nothing to lose by bringing Xenoblade here.

Also, PLEASE only preorder if you intend to purchase, whether it's at Amazon or another store. Amazon is currently the only place to preorder so it's fair to preorder there and cancel if you intend to buy elsewhere upon announcement, but PLEASE don't preorder if you have no intention of purchasing.

Pre-ordered

I thought this game was coming out here eventually, I didn't know about the recent NoA comments. I will be extremely pissed if they decide not to publish one of the definitive Wii games this gen. It might even influence my Wii U purchase (hear that Reggie)! Props to Sony (and to a lesser degree MS) for bringing niche games even if they flop. Even my new 3ds if region locked wtf. Nintendo, don't disappoint your fanbase.

Sorry for rant, this made me rage :lol:

Update #4 on amazon sales rank:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#9 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

[quote name='nddave']59.99 wii game = pass
Im really hard pressed (wait for deals) to pay 59.99 for ps3/360 game[/QUOTE]

No Wii games are $59.99 unless they include some sort of hardware accessory as well (I believe Nintendo themselves have set the max price for Wii games that are software-only at $49.99), and I doubt this one is going to change that. Since there's not even a scheduled release for this, it's almost certain that someone at Amazon just took a wild guess at the price, and chose high to cover themselves. Maybe someone more familiar with the 360/PS3 market than the Wii market.

I would operate under the assumption that when this comes out (if it comes out, of course), it will be $49.99. Maybe a little cheaper if Amazon discounts it at all.

I'm not sure whether I'm in for this at full price or not (I rarely pay full price for games), but I'll throw in a pre-order for now to help the cause, anyway.

Preordered. Not really worry about Xenoblade since I am just going to import the PAL version if I have to. However if Last Story didn't get an English release somewhere I am going to be really mad.

[quote name='Asgardian']FWIW, if you think more carefully, if lots of people pre-order now and cancels when nintendo decides to release it, I think that would do more harm than good for future chances of getting games over here. IMHO, pre-order only if you are really going to go through with the purchase, unless this is the only title you want ported.[/QUOTE]

Well, I get your argument but . . . I'm certain that I will buy it, and to the best of my knowledge, this is the only effective way that I have to register that interest. I'm just not sure whether I'll buy it the instant it comes out, or wait for some kind of deal somewhere. I have a hard time justifying buying anything at full price these days since in most cases there are significantly better deals to be had within a couple of months after release, and games tend to sit on my shelf for months before I get to them anyway.

If Nintendo really wants to make it a day one buy for me, they should throw in some sort of sweet pre-order bonus. But let's worry about getting the game itself before talking about that.

[quote name='Cheapskate']I'm still waiting on a US release of Earthbound 64... >_>[/QUOTE]

It's called Mother 3, and it's on GBA :p ... in Japan.

[quote name='zohar']It's called Mother 3, and it's on GBA :p ... in Japan.[/QUOTE]

But it has been translated if you do not mind playing a rom (not saying you do not know this, but if even one person didn't that had an interest, then this post is worthwhile).

Pre-ordered it, but I always intended to buy it since I heard about it. Hopefully The Last Story (c'mon Nintendo, you have an exclusive game by the creator of Final Fantasy. That should be reason enough for release) and Pandora's Tower come up with pre-order pages too.

Nintendo doesn't listen to the fans, never has, probably never will. That said, I hope they pull their heads out of their asses and bring these games out in NA so the Wii can go out with a bang instead of a wimper.

Mother 3 also was released only in Japan, while this game is getting a release in Europe and there's minimal work NoA needs to do. all honesty it boils down to either they release it or you're gonna have an increase in modded Wiis and a lot of torrenting going on.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Mother 3 also was released only in Japan, while this game is getting a release in Europe and there's minimal work NoA needs to do. all honesty it boils down to either they release it or you're gonna have an increase in modded Wiis and a lot of torrenting going on.[/QUOTE]

My wii is already softmodded so I can play pal and Jp games like disaster day of crisis, fatal frame, etc. I really hope this comes to the states though. The dollar isn't worth much to the pound if I have to import it.

Possible Earthbound 64 will be re-release on 3DS next year ;)

Done, preordered. This better work, I'm so damn sick of JRPGs not making it over here these days because the western gaming populace is full of meatheads that have terrible taste and just want to shoot things in all their games, making for a terrible sales environment for RPGs in general.

While I would love to see this and Last Story and Pandora's Tower get localized, its just not going to happen. NOA has no interest in games it can't sell to your Mom. Its really sad to see. My plan is to buy the more likely EU localizations of all 3 and play that way.

[quote name='cusoman']Done, preordered. This better work, I'm so damn sick of JRPGs not making it over here these days because the western gaming populace is full of meatheads that have terrible taste and just want to shoot things in all their games, making for a terrible sales environment for RPGs in general.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it says something about western developed RPGs vs. JRPGs. Pretty sure Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim will do amazingly well.

Pre-Ordered, we need to get these games localized. Seriously, if Nintendo refuse to localize these games we need to start a Gaming Protest in front of NoA Headquarters.

Does anyone else remember someone from NoA stating that Nintendo of Japan can actually mandate NoA from releasing certain games? Not sure how much truth to that may be, but hey, maybe that's why we don't get so many good / great games...

I pre-ordered to help the cause. Personally I still wish a bunch of DS games made it over to America; Last Window (Hotel Dusk 2 basically), Band Brothers, Fire Emblem 2, the Tingle games and the 2nd Chibi-Robo game, among others.

We can still hope! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back