Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!
I've seen PUR talk in multiple GameStop threads, as well as a couple threads dedicated to the Steal of the Week, so I figure it's about time we have a thread dedicated to PUR. I'll try to keep it updated every week with the Steal of the Week and any additional eye-catching rewards.

FAQs and general info are in the second post.

Epic Reward
11/1 - 11/31
Assassin's Creed Leave Your Legacy Epic Experience.

Giveaway Includes:

• Your likeness as a character in the next
    Assassin's Creed game!
  • Trip for 2 to the Ubisoft Montreal studios with
    exclusive tour.
  • Swag bag full of one-of-a-kind Assassin's Creed gear.
Special Promotions

Saint's Row "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes
Just pre-order* Saints Row: The Third between Wednesday, September 28 and Monday, November 14, and pick up your copy by Tuesday, November 22, to be instantly entered in the "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes. The grand prize winner receives:

• Mitsubishi 92" 3D Home Cinema TV (Yes, that's 92 inches, as in, "Which wall should I cover with my 92-inch TV?")
  • Premium surround sound system
  • Home theater chair
  • 2 next generation game consoles
  • Saints Row: The Third Collectors' Editions for both systems
  • Four collectable limited edition posters

Steal of the Week
11/21 - 11/27
Get 25% Extra Trade Credit Toward Any Pre-Order
Cost: 1500 points

$5 Off Select Pre-Owned Assassin’s Creed Games

Get 25% extra trade credit toward the pre-order of any new game from Monday, November 21, through Sunday, December 11

Last edited by a moderator:
PowerUpRewards General Info:

What is it?
PowerUpRewards.com is Gamestop's reward program. Members earn points on games traded and purchased and redeem them for prizes or coupons.

How do I join?
Ask your local Gamestop employee how to enroll. Regular membership is free. Pro membership costs $15/year.

What are the perks of being pro?
250 point bonus for enrolling
B2G1 coupon on enrollment and each additional year add-on
10% point bonus on all purchases
10% off all used games and accessories
10% bonus on all trade ins
10% off all new strategy guides
1 year subscription to Game Informer magazine

How do I earn points?
Trade in to Gamestop: 20 points/dollar earned
Buy stuff at Gamestop: 10 points on new purchases, 20 points on preowned purchases
Activate and complete your profile online: up to 500 points (one time only)
Link your Kongregate account: 275 points (one time only)
Complete badge of the day on Kongregate: 6, 17, or 33 depending on difficulty of badge (once per day)

What kind of rewards are there?
Some of the most popular rewards include coupons for discounts on preowned or new Gamestop purchases, gift cards and points cards for various digital companies (including XBL, PSN, Wii points), various gaming accessories, and occasionally some interesting game-related swag.

How much do the coupons cost?
The preowned coupons are 4000 points per $5 off and the new coupons are 5000 points per $5 off.

How long do coupons rewards last?
They usually last a couple months from the time of points redemption, though it may vary depending on the coupon and the time it was redeemed.

Explain Kongregate
Kongregate.com is a Gamestop-affiliated flash gaming website. You get a PUR bonus for creating an account and linking it to your PUR account. Each day they have one badge (achievement) of the day that scores you some PUR points for completing it. The amount of points received depends on the difficulty of the badge.

What is an Epic Reward?
Each month Gamestop has one Epic Reward giveaway. It is a reward much bigger than any other that can be purchased and is only given randomly as a sweepstakes. Entries are given out to each member based on purchases. 1 entry per purchase per day for PUR members, 2 entries per purchase per day for PUR PRO members

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Lately the Steal of the Week has been garbage, and this week is included. 7500 points for a 50% coupon when 40% is already going on (in two different ways starting this weekend!).

The extra 10% would only really be worth it if you were trading in $75 worth of base value games.

The description is unclear as to when the coupon is valid, however. My guess is that it's probably good for a couple months. Hopefully someone actually wanting this will chime in when they redeem it.[/QUOTE]

As long as it lasts a couple months it might be worth it, but considering the fact that there is almost always SOMETHING going on with TIVs, It's basically only "worth" an extra 10% regardless of when you use it. IMO, that means that you'd need to be trading in 100 dollars worth of base stuff to have it be getting 10 bucks for 7500 points, which is not that great.

It might be worth picking up one and sitting on it for a couple months, since I think all of us occasionally hit up GS with a giant pile of games to trade in.

[quote name='Shizaam']Whats the other 40% one besides the preorders one?[/QUOTE]

40% coupon they were handing out during the b2g1 sale (which I hope they let us keep, since I only ended up with 2!). There's a scan of it in the first post of the GS TIV thread.

[quote name='giantqtipz']What can you get with 7500? I just signed up for PUR recently. Haven't done any transacctions with gamestop since I joined this site[/QUOTE]

You can get $5 off on a purchase of new or pre-owned if you don't have many games for like 4000/5000 points i believe, but the 50% trade-in is worth it assuming if you have a lot of games to trade-in.

[quote name='Ace!']when someone buys it, can they post the valid times for use.[/QUOTE]

maybe it's a generic coupon code that we can reuse over and over
any1 know yet?

[quote name='Tony208']maybe it's a generic coupon code that we can reuse over and over
any1 know yet?[/QUOTE]

doubt that.

I bought a code before and it was a one time use only...tried the next day and no luck on the code.

7500 points for a 50% coupon promotion is garbage. I have the 40% coupon for this weekend and all I had to do was ask an employee for it. The guys who work at my local Game Stop are more than willing to give you the 40% coupon regardless of if you are making a purchase or not. They still had stacks of the coupons ready to hand out when I got mine last week.

[quote name='silentbobfan']7500 points for a 50% coupon promotion is garbage. I have the 40% coupon for this weekend and all I had to do was ask an employee for it. The guys who work at my local Game Stop are more than willing to give you the 40% coupon regardless of if you are making a purchase or not. They still had stacks of the coupons ready to hand out when I got mine last week.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know if all Gamestops are giving away the 40% coupon? I went to my local Gamestop didn't see any.

I noticed there's a $3 in PSN credit" listed s "coming soon..." since I no longer want to give my CC# to Sony, and I don't want to spend $20 at a time on a card (I just want some Neptunia DLC), that's all I'll ever spend it on when it comes around.

Needing to pay for a coupon? Who are they kidding?

That 40% coupon is good in the month of July. Right now, the 40% is good for E3 Titles. If they are giving you the extra 40% they are either reserving stuff without telling you, or just breaking the rules.

People have seriously got to stop supporting these "steal of the weeks"...seriously don't you see they're making you earn something that used to be free (and still is sometimes, they just had a 50% bonus).

The only thing about these offers, which if bogus, Gamestop drops the current trade in value to make you think you are getting a good deal. That's why I hardly trade any games into them...I recently traded in games for that Noire deal because it was a good deal considering I had cheap games. I don't understand why people still support these crooks...

I admit I bit on the Zelda deal last week because it seemed good and I got both in cases but 7500 seriously lol specially when they gave out coupons for 40 percent that start on the first..... This is why gamestop will always be last resort

[quote name='ray2dee']I admit I bit on the Zelda deal last week because it seemed good and I got both in cases but 7500 seriously lol specially when they gave out coupons for 40 percent that start on the first..... This is why gamestop will always be last resort[/QUOTE]

I completely agree man. I think about all of the money I wasted over the years at Gamestop. I laughed so hard when the guy tried to sell me one of these cards....mind you I only shop there once or twice a year. Don't even get new started on their prices compared to other retailers...

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']The only thing about these offers, which if bogus, Gamestop drops the current trade in value to make you think you are getting a good deal. That's why I hardly trade any games into them...I recently traded in games for that Noire deal because it was a good deal considering I had cheap games. I don't understand why people still support these crooks...[/QUOTE]

????

7500 for this is a total joke, 5k max would almost be OK - except they constantly have +% promos going on.

[quote name='gauu']im saving my points for something epic as im sitting around 30k right now.[/QUOTE]

I'm at 40k points, I'm wondering if I want a phone call from some no name Nascar driver. There have been no Epic rewards that look good......

[quote name='Denbo32']I'm at 40k points, I'm wondering if I want a phone call from some no name Nascar driver. There have been no Epic rewards that look good......[/QUOTE]

I'd just hold on to them and wait and see what shows up. I ended up getting the Peter Molyneux-autograhped Fable III game which I thought was pretty cool, but outside of that it's been a pretty crappy selection..

The only thing about these offers, which if bogus, Gamestop drops the current trade in value to make you think you are getting a good deal.
If anything I think this makes the coupon even more valuable.... GS might shuffle their TIVs around when they run a big store-wide credit promotion but I doubt they would change them for a coupon that only a select few can/will get.

I'm guessing this would stack with the the extra 10% from PUR? so 60% total? If not then yea this coupon is (almost) completely worthless.

If it stacks, I might see what all I have to trade in, because if I can trade in enough to get me close to the points I spent, I'd be alright with the extra credit I'd get (all I use my points for is for the various gamestop coupons)

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']I'm guessing this would stack with the the extra 10% from PUR? so 60% total? If not then yea this coupon is (almost) completely worthless.

If it stacks, I might see what all I have to trade in, because if I can trade in enough to get me close to the points I spent, I'd be alright with the extra credit I'd get (all I use my points for is for the various gamestop coupons)[/QUOTE]

Of course it stacks with the PUR bonus. But in order to make up that 7500, you'd have to trade in $375 worth of stuff after bonuses and whatnot. Even at an extra 60%... that's quite a lot. Or $190 if you then immediately use that credit to buy preowned stuff.

Either way, it's a joke for the steal of the week, that's for sure.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Of course it stacks with the PUR bonus. But in order to make up that 7500, you'd have to trade in $375 worth of stuff after bonuses and whatnot. Even at an extra 60%... that's quite a lot. Or $190 if you then immediately use that credit to buy preowned stuff.

Either way, it's a joke for the steal of the week, that's for sure.[/QUOTE]

Oh right, it's 10 points not 20 for trade ins. Then yea there is no way... Thanks.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Oh right, it's 10 points not 20 for trade ins. Then yea there is no way... Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I could have swore it was 20 points for both trade ins and purchasing pre-owned games. It's only 10 points for new stuff, I believe.

implied_facepalm_RE_Twilight_Stupidity_Effect-s646x501-57572.jpg

I racked up over 20k points from the last BBV B1G1 sale. Assuming the trade-in values are anywhere near what they were last month, I imagine I will be able to do the same. This is an excellent coupon if you have the points to spare and have access to multiple BBV's.

I have 51,387 lifetime points, and 22,045 now. I got like 6 or 8 of the $10 off for 4,000 points coupons. I think they were one of the first ones offered. Glad I did with all this garbage they keep throwing out there.

My membership expires tomorrow, does anyone know if I lose all my points if I don't go to gamestop today and renew?

[quote name='cshamilton']I have 51,387 lifetime points, and 22,045 now. I got like 6 or 8 of the $10 off for 4,000 points coupons. I think they were one of the first ones offered. Glad I did with all this garbage they keep throwing out there.

My membership expires tomorrow, does anyone know if I lose all my points if I don't go to gamestop today and renew?[/QUOTE]

points stay but you're downgraded in membership.

The power up rewards catalog should be more robust, not many good things to cash in the points on and the good stuff they do have cost to many points. I did however get a hdmi cord for my 360 for 5600 or so points. I could have gotten one for 7 dollars online but I didn't want the points to just collect dust so at least I got something usefull out of it ( cant beleave gamestop charges 29.99 for a hdmi cord lmao ).

[quote name='strait edge follower']The power up rewards catalog should be more robust, not many good things to cash in the points on and the good stuff they do have cost to many points. I did however get a hdmi cord for my 360 for 5600 or so points. I could have gotten one for 7 dollars online but I didn't want the points to just collect dust so at least I got something usefull out of it ( cant beleave gamestop charges 29.99 for a hdmi cord lmao ).[/QUOTE]

Meritline has HDMI cables (6 feet) for $1.50 on occasion.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']If you haven't already you can sign up at Kongergate.com and get 275 points. All you have to do is link your account.

http://www.kongregate.com/[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that. This put me over 8000 so I can get a $10 off pre-owned game coupon. Oh, and Mets rock. I'm an avid Mets fan, however humiliating it gets.

i wish I would have had the points I have now when they had the 4000 points for $10 off. This 7500 for +50% is terrible. I dont understand why anyone would get this. Isnt there a free +40% coupon going on the first week of july at gamestop anyway?

[quote name='Velo214']i wish I would have had the points I have now when they had the 4000 points for $10 off. This 7500 for +50% is terrible. I dont understand why anyone would get this. Isnt there a free +40% coupon going on the first week of july at gamestop anyway?[/QUOTE]

The best answer I can come up with is a strategic use of this type of coupon. GS is (seemingly) widely known to drop TIV just before "for everyone" 40-50% trade in bonus specials. So if you bought this now, but used it in a couple months just before another one of those specials, and had some higher TIV games, you could get in on the 50% before they dropped the TIVs.

I remember being excited about the 50% bonus back in Feb, was gonna TI ME2 since the base value was 32 - figured 48 was bank since i paid 40...but when the special started, they dropped TIV to 20, so I would only get 30 (32 w/ PUR) - back to where i started.

if i had this coupon, would have been a 16 bonus in trade, on a single game. stack that on multiple games? whew.

that said, i'm incapable of this type of pre-planning or patience. and i dont have enough points. haha.

Yeah , I am still holding judnment on the steal of the week. I was expecting this weeks %50 extra coupon was going to be 2-3,000, but 7500 is crazy. Ill just save my points as Gamestop always has some sort of trade in bonus going. Now having said that last weeks reward was a steal, both Zeldas for 19.99? That was great and hopefully they will more like those. The Halo 3 SOTW was another good one that did not cost alot of points.

I actually think some of the swag is better to get then these discount codes. Some of it actually has decent value to it.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Thank you for that. This put me over 8000 so I can get a $10 off pre-owned game coupon. Oh, and Mets rock. I'm an avid Mets fan, however humiliating it gets.[/QUOTE]

No problem dude, glad i could help a fellow Mets fan ;)

The best items on the rewards page are the promo items typically handed out for preorders and midnight openings. The Fallout New Vegas launch kit they had for 12k points has been going for over $100 on Ebay. I'm really glad I nabbed one.

[quote name='KingofGames']The best items on the rewards page are the promo items typically handed out for preorders and midnight openings. The Fallout New Vegas launch kit they had for 12k points has been going for over $100 on Ebay. I'm really glad I nabbed one.[/QUOTE]

I'm really not glad I didn't. Ugh. They disappeared FAST.

bread's done
Back