LoveFilm Free Trial safe?

Viper139

CAGiversary!
Today I received a letter from amazon.co.uk saying they had teamed up with Lovefilm and are offering a £20 gift certificate when you start a 30 day free trial.

Is this safe? I've heard a lot of bad things about lovefilm. They say i will receive my £20 gift certificate as soon as my fist disc has been dispatched so I plan to cancel the subscription as soon as I send back the first disc. Does anyone see me encountering any problems with this process?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's cool man, i did this very thing. I received my voucher via email about 2 weeks into my trial (i had already received 3 blu rays).

I've had a trial before at my previous flat and i was able to cancel it without any troubles what so ever.

Ok I just signed up, they say they will send the £20 gift certificate once the first DVD has been sent so as soon as that happens I'm gona remove the others items from my waiting list, send back the DVD and cancel.

This seems like a too simple method to get £20 if you asked me.

So I get the code when I get the first DVD?

Think I'll pick up the Harry Potter lego game.

[quote name='CatMachine']What do you do to cancel the subscription? Call them up?[/QUOTE]
Yep, you just call them up and tell them to cancel your account. That's what I did the last time I had a free trial with them.

I've managed to sign up to this one with an alternate email address, so he's hoping my Amazon voucher turns up next week. :p

I had an account last month with them. I didnt like a lot of things about the service but so far it doesnt look like they screwed me on from when I canceled.

[quote name='Mayday']You can cancel on the 'My Account' page, very simple.[/QUOTE]

That just takes you to a page which tells you a free number to call them to cancel. :p

[quote name='Doctor Who']That just takes you to a page which tells you a free number to call them to cancel. :p[/QUOTE]

I see, thanks!

[quote name='Mayday']Just got my Amazon code, time to cancel the subscription now.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I got mine earlier too. :) I'm keeping the subscription until a few days before the end; make the most of it.

Just got my voucher from Lovefilm! just got to decide what to get now.

Still not sure whether I will cancel the subscription before free trial is up.

So, let me get this straight.

I could go along this trial, get the 3 discs at once option... how long before the trial ends should I send them back? To be safe that they return in time so I can cancel the subscription and therefore go through this whole process free.

Also, if I also wanted to do the £15 amazon voucher offer they have running, would I just create a new account?

[quote name='cpt.mccloud']So, let me get this straight.

I could go along this trial, get the 3 discs at once option... how long before the trial ends should I send them back? To be safe that they return in time so I can cancel the subscription and therefore go through this whole process free.

Also, if I also wanted to do the £15 amazon voucher offer they have running, would I just create a new account?[/QUOTE]
Yep, pretty much. I created a new account and it worked fine for me.

As for cancelling, it's best to send all the discs back at least two days before the subscription's set to run out; personally, I'd send them back three days before. But call them up to cancel before you send them back. That way, as soon as they receive the discs, your subscription will be cancelled, and you won't lose any money. :)

Awesome!

Doing it tonight. I can get the £19.99 package right? and over the course of the trial have like... 10 games (3 at any one time) and as soon as I send one I get one. Do I need 10 queued up to get the voucher? Then say... 3 days before the end of trial I cancel and send my 3 discs back then boom. 10 games rented and £20 voucher free.

Also, regarding the £15 voucher free trial. Can I link to the same Amazon account or will I need ANOTHER Amazon account to link to? Or does it just e-mail you and having an amazon account doesn't matter?

didn't see a thread for this already - does anyone know or have any guesses as to what the 3DS price is going to drop to for the UK? i've found the US prices but none for the UK

Did the £15 trial first, then the £20 trial with a different email address and delivery address. Going for another £20 trial as I am moving! The £15 voucher arrived in my inbox 1 week after signing up, the £20 voucher arrived nearly 4 weeks after signing up. Probably will stay with LF after the third trial - when you phone up to cancel they seem to offer you the chance to have another free month before paying.

bread's done
Back