PSP Dual Packs: 2 PSP games for $14.99

imacgod

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Exactly! I already own one out of each dual pack. :lol: Odd pairings, these are...why not bundle the Syphon Filter games together, or have Secret Agent Clank with Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (and Daxter with Jak & Dakter: The Lost Frontier) instead? Still, a good deal at $15 although these are older titles.

[quote name='MICHAE2414']Exactly! I already own one out of each dual pack. :lol: Odd pairings, these are...why not bundle the Syphon Filter games together, or have Secret Agent Clank with Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (and Daxter with Jak & Dakter: The Lost Frontier) instead? Still, a good deal at $15 although these are older titles.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same, but i think their logic is if you want both for cheap you'll have to buy both sets

Better off picking up these during b1g1 50% off, clearance sales or other discount offers. The games are older so not hard to find cheap as is not to mention PSP game prices will drop like a rock closer to the Vita's launch anyways. Most places have long ago limited psp shelf space. But if you just go a psp from the $130 price cut & your starting from scratch there may be a few ok deals just be aware that some of the "classic" psp games will be poppin up as HD remakes if you prefer the "best" overall experience...dual analogs, full screeen tv & HD.

I know my bestbuys and ToysRUs's now have more USED psp games than new on the shelves, and barely any at that.

[quote name='scottman']I know my bestbuys and ToysRUs's now have more USED psp games than new on the shelves, and barely any at that.[/QUOTE]

This doesn't shock me. With umd games not being produced anymore soon cause the ngp ( psp classics will be avalible for download on the ngp anyway ) gamestoo and another retailer selling used games will have this same situation. I was amazed that I managed to find a hard copy of peace walker at bestbuy a while back as I searched for a while trying to find one at that time. On a side note Sony should make a patapon "patapack" with parts 1 and 2

Not a bad deal at all for those games. Hopefully, there will be UMD copies of all of these at my local retailers like Kmart and Target.

Kind of glad they chose Daxter and Secret Agent Clank together instead of Rachet & Clank: Size Matters. Of the Dual Packs, I only have Killzone Liberation which I might just give to my brother who has PSP 1000, if I decide to jump on the Killzone/Logan's Shadow dual pack. Hope game saves from my older version of Killzone will transfer without any problems.

I got Size Matters with my PSP 3000. I also thought I had a copy of Secret Agent Clank on PS2, but I guess not so that works out with this series.

Anyway, I got to find me some more new UMD titles before they're all gone:
Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection
Parasite Eve: 3rd Birthday
GodEater Burst
Valkryrie Profile Lenneth
Gradius Collection

Edit: I would love to see a UMD version of the Metal Gear Solid bundles like Metal Gear Solid: Portable OPs, Portable OPs +, and the Digital Graphic Novel or Metal Gear Peacewalker with the extras found on MGS 3: Subsistence Disc 2/Persistence.

I'm going to rebuy the PSP 3000 near black friday, I have a whole bunch of good PSP games I never played and sold my PSP off and got the PSP go for $100. Missing the UMD option very badly.

[quote name='strait edge follower'] On a side note Sony should make a patapon "patapack" with parts 1 and 2[/QUOTE]

Maybe you already know this, but there is also a patapon 3 psp. That is one of the few new psp games I saw at my bestbuy.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']I'm going to rebuy the PSP 3000 near black friday, I have a whole bunch of good PSP games I never played and sold my PSP off and got the PSP go for $100. Missing the UMD option very badly.[/QUOTE]

i got a psp right now with a bad screen that is under warrenty at best buy... going to return it right before the warrenty goes out . get the gift card wait until day after thanksgiving and pick up a psp for around 70 bucks

Sorry to bump this somewhat old thread. I would totally buy a 2 PSP game/double pack for $14.99 of Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII.

I missed out on both of these Square Enix titles.
Edit: I wouldn't mind if these PSP titles, along with the PS2 game Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria and Star Ocean 3 were ported to the PS3 in HD.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a side note none of these are red striped greatest hits versions, they just have a little thing near the PSP logo on the top of the front of the case that says "Favorites."

I wonder if these are on one UMD or are there two included?

EDIT - Nevermind (Image Forthcoming)

PSP_Dual_Packs.jpg

These were definetly positioned as one title that people probably want (Agent Clank, the Syphon Filters) and another game they probably have or don't want. (Daxter, Killzone, Socom)

I would have bought a double pack with the two syphon filters or the two ratchet games.

[quote name='jer7583']These were definetly positioned as one title that people probably want (Agent Clank, the Syphon Filters) and another game they probably have or don't want. (Daxter, Killzone, Socom)

I would have bought a double pack with the two syphon filters or the two ratchet games.[/QUOTE]

No doubt, would have totally bought a dual Syphon pack.

Oh cool they're just two psp cased games in a paper sleeve. Instead of one case with one umd or two umds.

I hope there will be more of these dual umd packs to be released and available at all major retailers.

I wonder if it is random if you get a Favorites/Greatest Hits version. It almost seems like Sony just sent out paper boxes and had retailers crammed both games in each case. Not that I'm complaining.

[quote name='Gosha']It almost seems like Sony just sent out paper boxes and had retailers crammed both games in each case.[/QUOTE]

That's my inclination.

I'd so get all three of these during the BestBuy's Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale next week. I don't see even a listing on BestBuy's website.

So far, the only local retailer I'm aware of that is carrying any of these dual packs is Gamestop, hopefully other major retailers like Target/Kmart/Toys 'R Us will carry these.

At $14.99, that's a deal since even Greatest Hits titles by themselves are $19.XX and up.

bread's done
Back