Best Launcher?

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Ok, so I'm curious what launcher everyone is using.

I have a Dell Streak and the default is the Dell Stage, didn't really like

I now use Launcher Pro.

I've tried GO Launcher EX and I like it, I just didn't feel like resetting it all up....it seems similar to LauncherPro anyways.

Launcher7 is a Windows Phone clone....not my favorite, but neat.

So, what does everyone like/use?

I'm running stock Android, and the basic launcher is juuuuust fine. Don't know why every manufacturer feels the need to crap it up.

I stick with sense. Would like 3.0 or hell even 2.1. Don't really like any of the other launchers. Thought about checking out spbshell but it does not work on the EVO 4G with Gingerbread and I don't want to pay 15 bucks for a launcher.

ADW EX. I used LP for a while but ADW seems smoother to me, plus it does themes as well.

I just switched to Go Launcher EX. Seems a bit nicer than LP, plus they actually update the software often. Since I downloaded, there have been at least 3-4 updates.

I will look at this ZEAM also.

*EDIT*
Tried Zeam, I keep getting Force Closes on my Dell Streak 5". Seems like anytime I try to add something to the "desktop" or screens (like Shortcut/app/etc) it closes.

So far, I like Go Launcher EX....except for the HORRIBLE text size in the app drawer. Any fix for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Using ADW launcher now on CyanogenMod... but i think im going back to LP.... I dont know if it is actually better or if im just used to it by now.

[quote name='doubledown']I just switched to Go Launcher EX. Seems a bit nicer than LP, plus they actually update the software often. Since I downloaded, there have been at least 3-4 updates.

I will look at this ZEAM also.

*EDIT*
Tried Zeam, I keep getting Force Closes on my Dell Streak 5". Seems like anytime I try to add something to the "desktop" or screens (like Shortcut/app/etc) it closes.

So far, I like Go Launcher EX....except for the HORRIBLE text size in the app drawer. Any fix for that?[/QUOTE]

I think if you hit the menu button when in the app drawer you can go into the settings for it. I remember doing that with one of the launchers.

Looks like AMAZON AppStore has a free launcher as the App of the Day. I've yet to try it, but I did D/L for future use. Reviews seemed lackluster.

I'm still using Go Launcher. I've noticed that and Zeam get the most updates since I have them all installed currently, but default to Go Launcher. Maybe time to try ADW again.

For phones I prefer GO Launcher EX and for Tablets I use VTL.Launcher.

The major problem I've found, at least for tablets, is that the vast majority of launchers are made for phones with maybe a bit of support for tablets and almost none mimic a desktop environment.

That's why I like VTL. Sadly it hasn't been updated in ages. (older free version (1.6.5)| newer paid version (1.7.0)...it's $2.99)

Here's how I have my Kindle Fire set up:
Screenshot_2012-05-06-17-43-37.png

Where did you get that background. Also I didn't think the android market came on the Kindle Fire.

I arranged the background from Dave Rapoza's awesome TMNT artwork. (I might do a larger one since the Fire is only 1024x600)

Yeah my Fire is rooted with Android 4.x on it (a Fire tweaked AOKP build that I've been further customizing to be exact).

edit: Made a 1920x1080 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow he has some nice skill. Also good job putting it all together. I was hoping you might have downloaded it like that from some place. I would like to have it for my computer.

bread's done
Back