Best way to repair an old PS2 disk?

RabbitSuit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I felt like playing some Kingdom Hearts today, but sadly, it looks as if my disk is too scratched up to start the game x_x. After using google, a lot of hits came up on Ask Yahoo on how to fix PS2 disks.

My favorites so far are:

This is going to sound very odd, but put it in the toilet with nothing in the toilet but water and pull down on the flusher. It won't go down the toilet, I promise. When it's suctioned down where there's the hole inside the toilet bowl, take it out, wipe it off gently with a tissue and the scratches should be gone.

for my really old scratched up ps1 games i used wood cleaner (like pine sol) on them. just spray it on there - let it set for a few seconds and then wipe it off really well. it should work for a while, you may have to repeat the process later.

You can use toothpaste! Toothpaste is a mild abrassive, and will clean cd's rather nicely. I'm providing a linky to a video with step-by-step instructions on how to do this

And I really can't tell if they're trolling, stupid, are geniuses beyond my comprehension.

Anybody know of a decent method to fix up old PS2 disks?

First is definitely trolling, not sure about the second, but I do know you can use tooth paste (the all white kind - that's important) to remove light scratches. It is going to depend on how bad the disc is if it's going to fully fix the game.

Another random use for tooth paste is to buff out the oxidation on car headlights. Works pretty well if you don't have any of the specialty stuff from an auto parts store.

should you ever have a blue bottom disc and it won't read in a giant ps2, you can put three or four 2 inch (or so) piecs of tape right around the center hole...basically, the blue discs are lighter and the rubber spinner has dust on it, so weighing them down just a hare with the tape adds friction and allows them to spin at the right speed

You can also use a CD/DVD repair kit that lightly shaves the disc. Usually comes with a spray bottle, wipe rag and the device that "grinds" as you spin the handle. It smooths out the surface and then you can follow up with the toothpaste. I had to do this when my kids got hold of some discs many years ago. I'm sure glad that this doesn't happen with blu-ray discs.

hi dear,
sorry for my late answer but focuses on sharing, I used to often break the discs, so I lost a lot, and then I collected a number of ways to fix scratched discs.http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/how-to-fix-a-scratched-dvd.html Using a microfiber cloth, rub the alcohol solution onto the discs. Do not wipe in circles. polish the scratched discs with vaseline, Windex, peanut oil or baking soda toothpaste to smooth the surface.
Open a lamp with a 60 watt bulb, and hold discs about 4 inches in front of lamp for about 20 seconds or it will damage data surface of discs cheers, hope it is useful for PS2 disc too

bread's done
Back