CAGcast #245: Pussyface

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Shadows of the Damned, Trenched, Fear 3, Uncharted 3, and more await your ear's attention on this week's show! Get your questions or topics answered via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]154[/podcast]
Download - 82 minutes, 50MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the title of this episode, it does a great job of showing how the CAGcast is somehow the most childish and immature AND the most grown-up and mature. And I don't mean because of the adult language, I mean the conversations are often geared towards a mature, adult audience who live in the real world.

What did cheapy fuck up now, I'm getting a "There was a problem downloading CAGCAST #245 pussyface. an internal sever error has ocurred". Please check that the URL is correct.

Pretty sure it's iTunes. It's just easier to blame Cheapy, at least he may take responsibility for something he fucked up...unlike Apple...trust me i know. I work for them.

Update: Clicked the direct link up above as well...Now it's time to blame Cheapy

[quote name='The Mike']What did cheapy fuck up now, I'm getting a "There was a problem downloading CAGCAST #245 pussyface. an internal sever error has ocurred". Please check that the URL is correct.

Pretty sure it's iTunes. It's just easier to blame Cheapy, at least he may take responsibility for something he fucked up...unlike Apple...trust me i know. I work for them.[/QUOTE]

I can't download it either, and here I thought it was just my filthy computers fault. On a side note, please pm me the specs of the iphone 5. Also when is igamingconsole coming out?

[quote name='Ltor']I can't download it either, and here I thought it was just my filthy computers fault. On a side note, please pm me the specs of the iphone 5. Also when is igamingconsole coming out?[/QUOTE]

If i knew all that information, I wouldn't be hanging around this place ;). I'd have better things to do...err more important things to do.

Yeah, something seems to be wrong. I tried the direct link for the latest and previous casts, neither worked. I demand satisfaction!

[quote name='The Mike']If i knew all that information, I wouldn't be hanging around this place ;). I'd have better things to do...err more important things to do.[/QUOTE]

well can you at least tell me why my thighs have 3rd degree burns ever since i bought my macbook pro?

Just import the audio into imovie, put a slideshow of shipwreck in muscle T's over it, and post that shit on youtube.

[quote name='gorgo']The direct link is working now... my Thursday morning is complete.[/QUOTE]

download to itunes is working:bouncy:

You guys were on form this episode. You were all in such good spirits and each of you made me laugh out loud with your jokes while walking home.

Yay for happy families :)

Thanks for the new podcast recommendations. I checked out the Nerdist on Wombat's suggestion and I wasn't disappointed.

Out of the 10+ podcasts I listen to, the Joystiq podcast and CAGcast were the two shows I always listened to once they were available. For the first time ever, I had to fast forward through the Joystiq show to get through it. That makes you guys number 1 for me. It isn't just the gaming stuff that makes your show great. It's the chemistry between you guys and the obvious fact that you guys are all friends who just like to talk about games...

and poop.

my-sister-my-sitter1.png

I really want to see the Face Pussy James Bond movie while playing the Wombat is a Dick game. Now that's an evening!

Great show as always. I have been a faithful listener since the beginning for the CAGCast and Joystiq. But, I got sick of the attempts at humor of the Joystiq podcast mixed with their overbearing pretentiousness. How many times did we need to hear Chris Grant put down listeners just because they might not like the same things he does? So, I finally bailed on them a few episodes before their "Extreme Podcast Makeover." Sounds like I made the right decision.

I listen to Weekend Confirmed as my second gaming podcast. They cover everything with intelligence and none of the snob appeal. The CAGCast gives me what I want to hear: regular guys talking about games to play and poop.

Am just halfway through the show - been listening for a while and this is easily the most fun episode I've heard so far. Well done!

I hate when I have an evening to play and I spend half of it downloading updates too. Is the Xbox 360 much better than the PS3 with this type of problem?

[quote name='Cahk']I hate when I have an evening to play and I spend half of it downloading updates too. Is the Xbox 360 much better than the PS3 with this type of problem?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I have seriously never had it happen on the 360. Updates on there are generally just faster.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yes, I have seriously never had it happen on the 360. Updates on there are generally just faster.[/QUOTE]
They're much smaller on XBL so the servers aren't pushing out big updates, which is why they're faster. I've had it happen on Xbox 360 in Bad Company 2, as I had to spend the better part of an hour downloading a multiplayer update in-game before I could play it for the first time. The same thing happened in Fable 2, where I was forced to download one of the compatability packs to play the game for the first time in about two years.

Great show, funny as usual with just the right amount of actual gaming news and media/internet/bullshit news.

Replying only because you guys should leave the book talk alone! Digital books are a real thing (e-books) and I wrote one! It's on Kindle and Nook (e-readers) and anything you can download a Kindle App on (everything).

For this grave error you should plug my book (Love Loss Translated) on your next show! I'm an aspiring writer and would greatly appreciate it...and if you guys want to read it and respond that would be awesome too, just don't forget to rate it on Amazon.

Thanks, even though you won't do any of that, and keep up the good work!

[quote name='Cahk']I hate when I have an evening to play and I spend half of it downloading updates too. Is the Xbox 360 much better than the PS3 with this type of problem?[/QUOTE]It's almost unnoticeable. Game updates in less than a minute in most cases. On a few rare occassions it's been longer. System updates are rarer (twice a year) and usually take 5-10 minutes. Not bashing the PS3 but this aspect was definitely better designed.

The highlight of the show was when Wombat took the wind out of his sails just as Cheapy was winding up one of his Apple love fests.

So one more thing to add to your PS3 rant, Cheapy:
WTF is up with background downloading something and then still having to manually install it. Why would I download something and not want to have it ready to play? It should be installed as soon as its done downloading. Drives me nuts.

Not a fan of the Xbox 360 Netflix app since it's slower to load, lacks subtitles, and I'm not a fan of using the Xbox 360 controller with it.

I'm not a fan of the Backbreaker games on iOS since they're more enjoyable with buttons and analog sticks instead of virtual buttons. Plus, these modes originated from the retail game, so this game takes out the best parts of that game for a quicker, easier to access XBLA game.

I think Automatic Update doesn't install firmware updates for you because you have to authorize it, because they'd probably get in legal trouble if you didn't have the option to not update. Imagine the shit Sony would get in if the Linux removal update was mandatory for everybody.

People have mentioned before that the Automatic Download creates a list of the games you've played, so you should start up all of the games you own that you want it to keep updated. You could've easily started it up for a second and quit out so that it's on the list to be updated and your problem's solved. It could be better, but I don't think it's a terrible feature/idea.

Decent show.

You can say whatever you want about the PS3 download/install/update situation, but the fact is, it's seriously inferior to their competitor which released their system a year earlier. I still don't understand how this happened.

cheapy you say you are tired of having capcom cash in on street fighter with the new arcade edition, but both the re-releases of street fighter 4 have been $40, not $60 like you said. Also, you can buy the super street fighter 4 arcade edition content as dlc for ssf4. The disc version is really only for people who don't own street fighter 4 yet and want to get all the content

Great show this week guys. Wombat, having another kid has brought your game up a notch. Pussyface for the win! Friski, the BFBC2 update that took so long, was the Vietnam update and was over a 1gig. That is a rare large update, and is game specific, would be the same for all systems. The PS3 update system definitely needs to be improved for their next console.

[quote name='Conboy']Great show this week guys. Wombat, having another kid has brought your game up a notch. Pussyface for the win! Friski, the BFBC2 update that took so long, was the Vietnam update and was over a 1gig. That is a rare large update, and is game specific, would be the same for all systems. The PS3 update system definitely needs to be improved for their next console.[/QUOTE]
This was a few months before Vietnam, so it was a normal MP update for Bad Company 2.

Edit: Just looked it up, that 468 MB update I downloaded was on 8/5/2010 and Vietnam wasn't until December 2010. That made me download a 1.7 GB update in February 2011. Unless I missed them, these cannot be downloaded, like in the background, from the marketplace, so that's more of an issue than the huge updates themselves. At least the Burnout Paradise updates were released as DLC that you could get beforehand, but MS hasn't allowed in-game DLC purchases to be downloaded in the background to solve the instances where that's an annoyance.

[quote name='PigheadedBobobo']cheapy you say you are tired of having capcom cash in on street fighter with the new arcade edition, but both the re-releases of street fighter 4 have been $40, not $60 like you said. Also, you can buy the super street fighter 4 arcade edition content as dlc for ssf4. The disc version is really only for people who don't own street fighter 4 yet and want to get all the content[/QUOTE]

$40 + $40 + $20 (or $40) + whatever the final cost of DLC = an approximate shitton. They are really milking it for more than its worth.

[quote name='bickle']$40 + $40 + $20 (or $40) + whatever the final cost of DLC = an approximate shitton. They are really milking it for more than its worth.[/QUOTE]
The fans support them by continuing to buy them and all of the overpriced costumes, so they're just getting what they want from Capcom. I don't have any problems with developers and publishers giving their fans what they want.

$40 + $40 + $20 (or $40) + whatever the final cost of DLC = an approximate shitton.

ssf4 ($20 on amazon) + the arcade edition dlc ($15) = full game - costumes. i did not know $35 is a shitton for a great fighting game.

bread's done
Back