Gamersgate Deals - All about GamersGate sale

Bonobos

CAGiversary!
Everything about GamersGate deals

(Since this is a WIKI thread, consider to update this thread if you find a great deals from GG, thanks)

Gamersgate Storefront

Gamersgate Games on Sale - update 8-28-2011

Weekly Pick:

Heavy Hogur: $9.95 $4.98 (50% off)

Past Weekend Deal:

740x100_summersale_D01_ROTT.jpg

Weekly Deal

Tropico 3: $14.95 $0.96 (95% off) Price fixed
Tropico 3 : Absolute Power (expansion): $14.95 $2.39 (84% off) Price fixed

Summer Sale Daily Deal

8/7/2011
Paradox Week

740x120_PDXSS_Monday.jpg

Daily Deal

8/5/2011

8/2/2011 The Witcher 2: Digital Premium - $49.95 $29.97 (40% off)
Magicka Collection: $24.95 $8.73 (65% off)

SEGA Daily

Monday: Empire & Napoleon Total War GOTY Bundle (Steam) - $29.95 $7.49 (75% off)
Tuesday: Condemned Criminal Origins - $14.95 $3.74 (75% off)
Wednesday: Alpha Protocol - $19.95 $4.49 (75% off)
Thursday: Football Manager 2011 (Steam) - $19.95 $6.78 (66% off)

SEGA Week

Sega Games On Sale Link (50% - 80% off)
Best deal: Medieval 2 Total War Gold Edition - $29.95 $3.98 (87% off)

Ubisoft Daily (75% off on selected game everyday)
City in Motion Promo (PC+Mac)

w27_citiesinmotion.jpg

UK Store EA Special Deal

Best of the deal: FIFA 11 - s£29.95 £14.95 (50% off)

History Week

HOI3 Promo
Painkiller Weekend
Other Deal
Unlisted Deal - update 6-30-2011

GamersGate Features
  • One biggest feature from GamersGate is the use of Blue Coins.
    Blue Coins are GamersGate’s virtual currency, is a reward program earned by purchasing games or by simply participating in activities, like pre-ordering games, reviewing games, rating games, and becoming a game tutor; who helps other users with game issues or questions. These coins can then be used to purchase games.
  • You don't need to worry about region restriction. Unlike direct2drive or maybe for some games in steam most of gamersgate game its for worldwide direct download.
  • No need for a client, no need to be online to play a game (depend on the games DRM), just click and play.
  • Patches is usually faster than Steam.
  • You can re-download your game anytime, you can burn the installation files to a DVD.
  • There's no DRM for most of games including Paradox and Capcom titles, there no other and you can view what kind of DRM the game has before you buy that game, if it comes with Steam DRM then the page would say it comes with a 3rd party DRM and you need to install client for it.
  • You can find most of Steam games on GamersGate with a low price, register the key into your Steam account so you can download it from Steam later.
FAQS

Is Gamersgate similar to STEAM meaning do you have to run their application to be able to play the game?
Do you need an account to actually play the games? or is the account only used for buying?
No, GamersGate is not like Steam.. You have to set up an account, but it is only for purchase.
Is the downloading in Gamersgate done via a special proprietary application or can you simply use a browser to download it?
Is resuming download possible or do you need to download it all at once?
Downloading is done through a proprietary app that requires .NET 2.0. Yes you can pause and resume a download, there's an option for it.

Is the downloading format of the game a single file? one you can easily backup?
Is it a EXE file? Is it encrypted in any way?
Downloads may vary, Stalin Subway comes in .bin files, other games comes in full folder with encrpted setup file (.exe), these are decrypted with the GamersGate downloader. All files can be backed up like any others.
Is the installation of the game independent from Gamersgate meaning you just run it like any other normal installation wizard? or you need Gamersgate to install the game?
You need GamersGate downloader to install. Once the files are decrypted, games install normally. But if you really want, you can use copy-paste trick (I would explain this later) to get it fully decrypted without using GamersGate downloader

After the game is installed does it rely on Gamersgate for anything? or is it just like any normal PC Games, total independent?
No, it's just like any game.
Can the installation and running of the game be made totally offline and without any internet access?
Like you download it in one PC, backup the download file to a USB memory stick and transfer it to another PC with no internet access and install and play from there without any problem?
Games run offline, it depend on the games original DRM (GamersGate don't have their own DRM), if its using STEAM then you can visit Steam website and check their faqs about their DRM. A game can be backed up and moved without problem.

For more info visit GamersGate FAQS
TIPS

How to make GamersGate games setup file fully decrypted?
  • You need to do this step during the game installation process after you finish the download (choose to keep the file in the downloader option).
  • If you already choose to keep the temporary file in the end of download or you already keep the downloaded games, then you need to run the setup process via GamerGate downloader that came with the game once again (no need to install)
  • Make sure you know the downloaded games folder location (in most case its inside GamersGate temporary files folder), and browse for the game setup file/launcher (.exe). If you don't know which the file is, check the folder without running the downloader, look for the "launch" file (without extension), check the size and look for the same size .exe file inside the same folder during the setup process.
  • Copy-paste the .exe setup file to another place outside the folder.
  • Close the downloader and copy-paste/cut the setup file back to their original folder.
  • Now you can rename the folder to the game name, run the setup directly from inside of it (without using the downloader), make a back up or move it to another place anytime you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's... a lot of Painkiller. I've heard really good things about the games, but I don't see myself being able to play them all. Any recommendations?

I loved it at launch, it has dated really badly, and I can't really recommend it. I recommend... waiting for Serious Sam HD in the Steam sale. :D (sorry!)

[quote name='crzyboy88']That's... a lot of Painkiller. I've heard really good things about the games, but I don't see myself being able to play them all. Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Just get Black. it's the first game and exp pack.

[quote name='The Nephilim']Just get Black. it's the first game and exp pack.[/QUOTE]
This is the absolute truth.

[quote name='VexxedCS']Civ5 for $17 tomorrow? Hell and Yes![/QUOTE]

You can buy it a bit cheaper in their UK site, its half of the global site price. :bouncy:

This should be a Wiki and it should have more details about Gamersgate vs. Steam, etc. or it is not going to be front couple page material for long.

might want to add an explanation in the op about gamersgate's credit back program. And threads like this can always get some use out of the deals4downloads.com comparison site.

[quote name='turls']This should be a Wiki and it should have more details about Gamersgate vs. Steam, etc. or it is not going to be front couple page material for long.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to make it a WIKI... Its hard for me to recompile all gamersgate FAQS :D

One thing I remember for Painkiller was it would run really fast on multi cpu PCs and you used to have to alt-tab out and disable the others. Not sure if that's still an issue or not. But it wasn't really a big deal to fix. Just one of those annoying things.

[quote name='AwRy108']Great post, OP--Gamersgate has been hitting the deals hard.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but they Sale kinda being overlooked because Steam Sumer Sale event, I wish they gonna give us their own summer sale though.

[quote name='Bonobos']You can buy it a bit cheaper in their UK site, its half of the global site price. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Just picked up Civ5 off the UK site for $11.19, downloading from Steam now :lol:

Thanks for the tip!

Woo! $11.18 for Civ V. Downloading now - that's a great deal. Honestly, that'll probably eclipse anything Steam has up for sale this summer, sadly, although that won't stop me from buying at least a few things from them this week anyway.

So just to confirm there are no issues buying Civ from the UK site and activating it on your US steam account? Don't want to get my account in trouble over a few bucks!

Just picked this up on the UK site and registered it on my US Steam account no problem. Have a buddy grabbing a copy too. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Pck21']Also bought with Paypal through the UK site for $11.18! Awesome deal![/QUOTE]

The cheapest price we could get this summer! I don't think Steam would give more than 75% off to Civilization V. Even thought Steam would do it, according to the price tag still its not going to be cheaper than GG sale.
So, be smart with money :D

[quote name='Bonobos']The cheapest price we could get this summer! I don't think Steam would give more than 75% off to Civilization V. Even thought Steam would do it, according to the price tag still its not going to be cheaper than GG sale.
So, be smart with money :D[/QUOTE]

Exactly my friend! :applause:

I've wanted this game since it came but not at retail price. This price is simply amazing since it can be registered with Steam! It's a great way to start off the summer, that's for sure! :D

Edit: Sweet Jesus this game is addictive. I just installed it and I have no idea where the time went lol. Great game for $11!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody having a hard time registering on Steam. It keeps telling me the Steam server is unavailable. It's been doing this for two hours now; but everything else keeps working fine. I even bought MoH from Steam without a problem.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']When I try clicking on buy, it says my cart is empty. Am I doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]

I think its your browser problem, have you try another browser? Its still 30 minutes left though... I hope you manage it :cool:

guys how are you getting the sale price? for me it s shows as 19.95 euros which is $27.59 USD
can someone please let me know?
thanks.

[quote name='DANIEL']for me it s shows as 19.95 euros which is $27.59 USD
can someone please let me know?[/QUOTE]

What game?

[quote name='DANIEL']Civilization V how are you guys getting it lower than 19.95 euros?[/QUOTE]

Its a daily deal for yesterday, already over now. Sorry mate you were late :)

Edit: you can check the front page for upcoming deal.

really dumb question...
I purchased it with paypal. since I didnt see the sale price, I thought I would see it after the transaction went through. it didnt and I was charged $30 USD
I havent downloaded the game and now Im trying to get my money back through a paypal dispute.
What are the chances of getting my money back?

[quote name='DANIEL']really dumb question...
I purchased it with paypal. since I didnt see the sale price, I thought I would see it after the transaction went through. it didnt and I was charged $30 USD
I havent downloaded the game and now Im trying to get my money back through a paypal dispute.
What are the chances of getting my money back?[/QUOTE]

0%

You were told the cost of the game during the checkout process and your assumption that there would be a different price offered at some point was never indicated to you.

[quote name='DANIEL']really dumb question...
What are the chances of getting my money back?[/QUOTE]

It depends on their policy, I would e-mail support.

Since you guys are familiar with GG I thought I'd ask here. Do real devs port Mac games as cxz? I bought some gta games from GG during a recent sale and the files were cxz wrapped games, but it doesn't seem like rockstar would actually do that. It's making me hesitant to buy stuff from GG.

[quote name='immanewb']Wanted to give this thread a bump for a worthy deal on Dragon Age 2 being sold for $23.98:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DAO2/dragon-age-2

This deal makes Steam's today deal looking like a joke (a meager 40% off). The description says "Other DRM," so I can only assume it means EA's Origin.[/QUOTE]

I think plenty of games which are in Steam Summer Sale 2011 already been on GG weekly sale a few weeks back.
Many of us missed that $4 Batman: GoTY , $4 Just Cause 2, $3 all of Tomb Raider franchise, $11 Civilization V, and also the cheapest price for all GTA series in GamersGate Weekly deal. I doubt this Steam Summer Sale would give us the same price or even lower than what GG already have done before. Frankly, I kinda disappointed with Steam for this summer.

Anyways, since this thread is a wiki please consider to edit the front page if you found another good deal from GG. :)

Happy holiday!

Just wanted to give another bump so CAG's could use the deal as another alternative during Steam Summer Sale 2011

[quote name='DtotheP']Since you guys are familiar with GG I thought I'd ask here. Do real devs port Mac games as cxz? I bought some gta games from GG during a recent sale and the files were cxz wrapped games, but it doesn't seem like rockstar would actually do that. It's making me hesitant to buy stuff from GG.[/QUOTE]

That is curious. GG wouldn't be doing this themselves... they get games from the publisher and sell them. They're not coders and optimizers.

Is it a good, optimized port? Assuming it was GTA: San Andreas or older, so any modern hardware should be able to muscle through even a weak port.

I guess I'd say "buyer beware", and do a little extra research if you see a game available for Mac on GG but not on Steam. If it makes you feel any better, GTA ports to PC are notoriously badly done. I imagine that being re-ported to Mac would be even worse, though.

For what it's worth, I've had very good experiences with GG. One time they gave me a free game because they'd botched their description of what was in a bundle that was on sale; people complained and *everyone* who bought the game got an upgrade to a better bundle, including me, who hadn't complained. 2nd time, I had reached an install limit on a game (from reformatting my computer frequently for work), and they gave me new install keys within an hour of my requesting them. Very nice customer service. I hope your game works out OK.

bread's done
Back