Preorder Xenoblade Chronicles CE for £49.99 at GAME/reg.ed. for £29.95 at thehut

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
We all know that Nintendo of America ain't budging, so the next best thing is to order from a site that ships internationally (HMV.co.uk does as well, but Xenoblade Chronicles isn't in their database yet). Go here to preorder XB.

I've been getting this error message when trying to complete my order-

"Unfortunately we have not been able to complete your order online in this instance. For your protection, we have a series of comprehensive anti-fraud and safety measures. However, these can sometimes be triggered for wholly innocent reasons. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 0871 200 1221 to complete placing your order on this occasion."

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Keep in mind that you MUST have a Wii that can play PAL-region games.

---
December 02, 2011 EDIT:

Xenoblade Chronicles has been confirmed to come out in North America! W00T!!!

Press release-

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES COMING TO NINTENDO'S WII CONSOLE IN SPRING

Dec. 2, 2011

It's man vs. machine in a new game coming to Nintendo's Wii™ console in spring. Xenoblade Chronicles™ asks players to use the Monado blade to take on a seemingly endless series of invading Mechon robots in a sweeping role-playing adventure.

The main character is Shulk, a weapons researcher who must confront the Mechon by wielding the ancient Monado blade. It's the only weapon that has any effect against the Mechon, and it also enables Shulk to see the future.

Players can customize their characters with a variety of weapons and armor choices, as well as headgear, boots and gloves. As in many role-playing games, players can then gain experience and upgrade their characters. Players can watch their enemies, learn their tactics and unleash real-time counterattacks.

The vast open world of Xenoblade Chronicles is ripe for exploration. Players can avert their focus from the main story and venture out looking for other challenges and side quests. Hidden areas and unique monsters are scattered throughout the game's massive world, which players can explore freely.

Xenoblade Chronicles has already launched in Japan and Europe, and has received unanimously positive reviews, including several perfect scores.

Xenoblade Chronicles will be available exclusively through U.S. GameStop retail locations, http://www.gamestop.com and http://www.nintendo.com at a suggested retail price of $49.99 in the United States. Additional information about the game will be announced in the future. For more information, visit http://xenobladechronicles.nintendo.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dead of Knight']So that's like $80 USD. fucking NOA.[/QUOTE]
That's not including shipping. Jesus fucking Christ.

They ship to the US Correct?

On cost: The picture on the site is of the Xenoblade Chronicles and Classic Controller Pro (red) bundle. None of the text mentions the bundle, though.

[quote name='Tsnake617']I wonder how many other people are using this to advertise their gaming sites.[/QUOTE]

Right, because I am a United States citizen working for a UK retailer, trying to order a game and getting an error message in the process. Dude, shut the fuck up. You pulled this stunt over at GameSpot and now you are doing it here. If you don't like the game, that's great. Just don't bother posting where you don't belong.

If anyone orders this, can you give a final price with shipping. I want to see how much this is going to cost total before biting on it.

[quote name='Charles.Surge']On cost: The picture on the site is of the Xenoblade Chronicles and Classic Controller Pro (red) bundle. None of the text mentions the bundle, though.[/QUOTE]

Is it only going to be bundled like that? Not like it matters, I'm still going to get it. If it was stand alone it should be £39.99, that's the usual standard price for wii games. I'm going to wait until thehut.com has it for preorder, usually a bit cheaper.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If anyone orders this, can you give a final price with shipping. I want to see how much this is going to cost total before biting on it.[/QUOTE]
I was able to successfully place a pre-order at GAME: shipping is £4.95 to the US which they claim will take 4-6 days by Royal Mail. Grand total: £54.94, which converts to $79.81 at today's exchange rate.

[quote name='Nintendonly']
I've been getting this error message when trying to complete my order-
"Unfortunately we have not been able to complete your order online in this instance. For your protection, we have a series of comprehensive anti-fraud and safety measures. However, these can sometimes be triggered for wholly innocent reasons. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 0871 200 1221 to complete placing your order on this occasion."
[/QUOTE]

Some credit card companies have tougher precautions in place than others for international online transactions. You might want to either try a different card or have your bank OK it over the phone before trying again.

[quote name='Charles.Surge']On cost: The picture on the site is of the Xenoblade Chronicles and Classic Controller Pro (red) bundle. None of the text mentions the bundle, though.[/QUOTE]

It isn't mentioned in the item listing, but it is mentioned here: http://www.game.co.uk/News/Xenoblade-Chronicles-includes-Classic-Controller/~cA_16224/?pagetype=content

[quote name='kurtori']I was able to successfully place a pre-order at GAME: shipping is £4.95 to the US which they claim will take 4-6 days by Royal Mail. Grand total: £54.94, which converts to $79.81 at today's exchange rate.

Some credit card companies have tougher precautions in place than others for international online transactions. You might want to either try a different card or have your bank OK it over the phone before trying again.[/QUOTE]
Oh, $80 with shipping. I can live with that if it's the version with the Classic Controller. $50 + a $20 CC and shipping. Besides I always wanted the new CC. Do they charge on the spot or is it when it ships?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Oh, $80 with shipping. I can live with that if it's the version with the Classic Controller. $50 + a $20 CC and shipping. Besides I always wanted the new CC. Do they charge on the spot or is it when it ships?[/QUOTE]

They will charge the card when they ship it. :) And this is for the version with the red Classic Controller.

I tried to order as well & received the same message as the OP regarding my credit card. Disappointing, but I'm sure that other retailers in the UK will be glad to take my funds.

I sent Game a message regarding if there is any other way besides calling to resolve this. If I get anything of note, I will post it here.....

I preordered from them, but would switch to the version without the controller if they offer it. I will just use my gamecube controller.

Hmm looks like I am going to wait then, see who else offers it. I want the game, it's just I know my CC will cause troubles. Plus I have to make my Wii 100% ready :lol:

I'd wait until a few more places start putting this up. I mean, I can get new release PS3 games for $60 shipped (basically same as US retail price), I don't see why this would cost $80. I think Goldeneye and Monster Hunter Tri were two games that came with the classic controller bundled in here, and both of those cost $60, right?

[quote name='bigdbo622']Whoa, Whoa, Whoa...You can play Euro Wii games on a US System?[/QUOTE]

I believe you need to mod/softmod? your Wii.

[quote name='bigdbo622']Whoa, Whoa, Whoa...You can play Euro Wii games on a US System?[/QUOTE]

Youtube it. Takes 10-20 minutes to do. Fairly simple.

Is it easy to cancel orders from Game before the release date? Usually Zavvi is usually a bit cheaper, but I don't see Xenoblade listed there yet.

[quote name='62t']or you could use dolphin emulator. Probably runs better than your Wii[/QUOTE]

That is true, but I'm in for the authentic feel.

Screw NoA, screw Reggie, screw anyone whose head is so far up their rear-end that they don't have the sense to give this and The Last Story a stateside release. What was all the BS about Nintendo not forgetting the "core" gamer?

im lost i think isnt monado the english version of xenoblade??? or is it like a sequel or something??? and where does pandoras tower and last story all fall into place???

[quote name='gauu']im lost i think isnt monado the english version of xenoblade??? or is it like a sequel or something??? and where does pandoras tower and last story all fall into place???[/QUOTE]
monado is the same game as xenoblade. monado's name was changed to xenoblade.

Last Story and Pandora's Tower is separate games.

im so tempted to order this but have so many other american rpgs coming out that i cant justify buying an import. especially with my wii being a launch system dont want to risk breaking it by modding it.

[quote name='gauu']im so tempted to order this but have so many other american rpgs coming out that i cant justify buying an import. especially with my wii being a launch system dont want to risk breaking it by modding it.[/QUOTE]

My friend messed up modding his wii twice (installed stuff wrong), haha, it still works.

[quote name='johnmirra']How did some of you get past the fraud detection on game.co.uk? i wanna pre order this[/QUOTE]

Different credit card companies have different security measures. I used one which has more lenient security, but you could also call your credit card company, explain the problem you're having & they should be able to allow the transaction to go through.

For those having trouble with their credit cards, make sure the billing address for the credit card and the shipping address are the same.

I'm hoping that this is for the special edition of Xenoblade with the red controller and poster. Going by the picture it looks like it is.

I can't believe Nintendo had no interest in releasing these games. It's not like there's anything in the Wii line up at all besides Skyward Sword for the rest of this year and 2012.

Looks like I'm gonna end up modding my Wii. TC, sorry for calling your threads advertising. I'm kinda surprised CAG allows us to openly discuss modding our Wiis. I guess as long as we pay, it's cool.

dont get me wrong the game looks AMAZING!!! was really looking forward to the last story as well. i just dont have the money to spend on imports as theres a lot of rpgs coming out i want and im kinda saving up for the ps vita and other stuff.

[quote name='cametall']I believe you need to mod/softmod? your Wii.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Don't want to mess with that, plus it might not work on the Wii U, assuming I get one.

[quote name='Karyyk']Screw NoA, screw Reggie, screw anyone whose head is so far up their rear-end that they don't have the sense to give this and The Last Story a stateside release. What was all the BS about Nintendo not forgetting the "core" gamer?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is epic bullshit. The Wii is not exactly overflowing with real games. I don't even know if I'll like this or The Last Story, but they're both rare games I'm actually curious about.

Nintendo doesn't want to publish them? Fine. You license it for a reasonable fee or arrangement to a third party.

This is screwing over gamers, and the creators of these games. Did any of them not expect to sell in the rest of the world? They might have chosen to work with different companies instead, had they known.

Nintendo seems more serious about games lately than Microsoft (who seems to have left the industry), but this is still really bad form.

You know, also, while I think this Operation Rainfall is really cool, it pisses me off that people are having to BEG NINTENDO to actually allow games to be released that, you know, actually benefit them.

If Reggie actually has anything to do with this, he needs to be fired immediately and publicly, and as humiliatingly as possible. Unacceptable.

[quote name='Wolfpup']You know, also, while I think this Operation Rainfall is really cool, it pisses me off that people are having to BEG NINTENDO to actually allow games to be released that, you know, actually benefit them.

If Reggie actually has anything to do with this, he needs to be fired immediately and publicly, and as humiliatingly as possible. Unacceptable.[/QUOTE]
I agree, I mean I understand Nintendo might not make a million seller here, but I am sure they wouldn't spend much localizing it and making a decent profit. Hell they could probably pull a 300k sales number which is nothing to be sad about, if they actually tried. I mean No More Heroes 2 got like what 200k and I never really saw that game advertised outside of like gaming sites and stuff.

All this casual bullshit is going to bite them in the ass, hard. Their gaming fanbase is leaving for other systems, and once the casuals leave, Nintendo will be up the shit creek trying to get everyone back which will fail.

[quote name='62t']or you could use dolphin emulator. Probably runs better than your Wii[/QUOTE]

I was going to try that but apparently not one of the 3 optical drives in this house can dump Wii discs. I already had to order a USB Bluetooth thing and now, I might need to get a compatible drive or download the games. I'd also need to get a wireless sensor bar.

I really wanna see how the games look in HD though so I'm definitely gonna go this route.

Seriously? No More Heroes 2 sold 200K?!? I had no idea it did that well. That's a big success...or at least companies used to think so.

Really liked that game, though Last Story is one of the reasons I held on to my Wii.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Seriously? No More Heroes 2 sold 200K?!? I had no idea it did that well. That's a big success...or at least companies used to think so.

Really liked that game, though Last Story is one of the reasons I held on to my Wii.[/QUOTE]
Might have been the first game then, but still. Niche games do work, and will continue to work if they actually get them out. I still have my Wii because it's used for things other than Wii games.

Ugh. Still with the nerd rage? The game is from a niche genre. The Wii has had many failures with niche games (No More Heroes 2 and Sin and Punishment to name two; notice NMH2 is only getting a PS3 localization even though Japan got an Xbox and PS3 version). NoA is playing it safe and trying to get games that make money.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if this game somehow shows up in 2012 and gets announced at the next Nintendo media event just because there's nothing left coming out on the Wii as it gets closer to end of life.

[quote name='imacgod']Ugh. Still with the nerd rage? The game is from a niche genre. The Wii has had many failures with niche games (No More Heroes 2 and Sin and Punishment to name two; notice NMH2 is only getting a PS3 localization even though Japan got an Xbox and PS3 version). NoA is playing it safe and trying to get games that make money.
[/QUOTE]
Well NMH 2 and S&P2 respectively were not really excellent games to begin with. I mean I played through NMH 2 and S&P 2 and while they were good, they were not games I need to spend $50 on (Especially S&P 2, that game looked horrible even by Wii standards and I am usually the last person to complain about graphics). The difference here is Xenoblade is a really good game. It's like Demon Souls, Demon Souls is a really good game and it sold very well because it was a good game. People will buy Xenoblade, because it is a really good game and it's Nintendo.

[quote name='imacgod']Ugh. Still with the nerd rage? [/quote]

REALLY? Seriously. You're on a game forum, calling something "nerd rage". Okay.

The game is from a niche genre.

No it's not.

The Wii has had many failures with niche games (No More Heroes 2 and Sin and Punishment to name two; notice NMH2 is only getting a PS3 localization even though Japan got an Xbox and PS3 version). NoA is playing it safe and trying to get games that make money.

Someone on here thought No More Heroes 2 sold well. I have no idea. Sin and Punishment was a TERRIBLE game, and deserved to sell terribly.

Regardless, if Nintendo doesn't want to localize these, they need to make sure a third party does it, if there are any tackers at all.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Well NMH 2 and S&P2 respectively were not really excellent games to begin with. I mean I played through NMH 2 and S&P 2 and while they were good, they were not games I need to spend $50 on (Especially S&P 2, that game looked horrible even by Wii standards and I am usually the last person to complain about graphics). The difference here is Xenoblade is a really good game. It's like Demon Souls, Demon Souls is a really good game and it sold very well because it was a good game. People will buy Xenoblade, because it is a really good game and it's Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

That's quite the assumptions and a very subjective argument. Just because Japanese reviews have been good, it doesn't mean the reviews would be good in Europe and North America when the game hasn't even been released in either of those two markets! All I am hearing are JRPG fans telling me it's good without any of them actually playing the game.

I'll admit I haven't played NHM 2, but I've played S&P and I thought it was "good."

[quote name='Wolfpup']
Regardless, if Nintendo doesn't want to localize these, they need to make sure a third party does it, if there are any tackers at all.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo rarely lets third parties publish games they hold the rights to. That's the part that really pisses me off about this because Atlus and Xseed are probably dying to publish these games in the states.

bread's done
Back