Issues: Unable to edit trade list & issues with loading CAG in Firefox

htown01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
For some odd reason I am not able to edit my trade list. I have used Firefox, Chrome, even I.E. but I am still not able to make any changes. Can any of the forum wizards inform me why this is occurring? Anyone else have this issue?

Also, I posted my Firefox issue in another thread:
[quote name='shrike4242']...I'd have to say it's something either with Firefox or one of its extensions.

AdBlock can be an issue if you've blocked an image and had the URL being blocked as the main URL images on CAG come from.

If restarting without extensions doesn't fix it, a fresh install would also make sense.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Indeed. NoScript can break a lot of stuff too if not used correctly.[/QUOTE]

I have had Adblock, NoScript, along other addons installed in Firefox as long as I can remember (late 2009, early 2010) and have never had an issue viewing CAG in Firefox until only about a month ago.

[quote name='Hostile']I'm having trouble loading CAG on Firefox (on Windows XP with the latest Firefox 4 and also on 5) on my desktop for the past few weeks. Oddly enough it works perfectly fine on my laptop. I've even tried restarting Firefox with no add-ons but it doesn't work. It seems like it gets stuck on "read ssl.gstatic.com" after maybe loading the front page sometimes. I'm having to resort to using Google Chrome.[/QUOTE]

I'm using I.E. at the moment (shudders). I have also had to use Google Chrome to reply in threads or messages, sometimes even just for CAG to load up.

Problems I am having with Firefox with CAG so far:
1. Page loading issues
2. Replying to messages
3. Cannot edit trade list to remove games

I have removed, disabled several addons but I still have the same issue. I've used Firefox v3.6.18 (I usually avoid the betas), v4.0.1 (using this version at the moment), and used v5 BETA 7 for only 5 minutes, same issues.

I'll will disable my addons, one by one, and post my results.

Update: I started by disabling AdBlock and NoScript and yes, it was a huge difference in page loading and replying to messages. BUT I still have issues loading CAG; sometimes the page gets stuck on 3 links:

1) Read ssl.qstatic.com
2) Connecting to card.mmos.com
3) Transferring data from segment-pixel.invitemedia.com

Editing games in my trade list is still an issue and I have disabled every addon in Firefox. This I need help with. When I place my cursor over the pencil, this is the message I see on the status bar:

Javascript: newTrade (878823, true)

Normal?

[/QUOTE]

I'm running firefox with Adblock+, No Script, and some other stuff...

I think I have the same problem as you do: I cannot edit my trade details from the Trade List section, I have to use the My Collection section. It's pretty annoying, but not unmanageable. I even told NoScript to allow the whole site permission, but to no avail.

Another bug that I have - and I made a post about it - was the inability to edit a list once I created it. Has anyone else encountered this?

As for page loading - everything works well for me.

Same problem as you. I'm having major problems loading CAG on Firefox 5 (also on the latest version of 4) and I've tried it without add-ons to no avail. I've resorted to just having Google Chrome open although trade list editing is still a problem. This is all on Windows XP on my desktop. My laptop w/ Vista opens CAG just fine.

[quote name='Alaisiagae']I'm running firefox with Adblock+, No Script, and some other stuff...

I think I have the same problem as you do: I cannot edit my trade details from the Trade List section, I have to use the My Collection section. It's pretty annoying, but not unmanageable. I even told NoScript to allow the whole site permission, but to no avail.

Another bug that I have - and I made a post about it - was the inability to edit a list once I created it. Has anyone else encountered this?

As for page loading - everything works well for me.[/QUOTE]

So it's not only me. Aha, I just edited some games in My Collection and it works, thanks :D And I went ahead and created a list, saved it, went back and I am able to edit it :whistle2:k Maybe one of the options, for example hide/save as a draft, is creating this issue. I selected yes...

EDIT: and no, and I am still able to edit my list.

[quote name='Hostile']Same problem as you. I'm having major problems loading CAG on Firefox 5 (also on the latest version of 4) and I've tried it without add-ons to no avail. I've resorted to just having Google Chrome open although trade list editing is still a problem. This is all on Windows XP on my desktop. My laptop w/ Vista opens CAG just fine.[/QUOTE]

I've only tried it on my XP machine, I haven't tried it on my laptop that runs Win 7 Pro. I will have to check that but it is odd though.

bread's done
Back