The Official CAG July 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Illegal Fireworks" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
0.jpg

Celebrate your country's independence by blowing up a small part of it.

Show us what you got this month!

------------------------------------------

Thanks adriley for picking up the tab on last month's thread.

Back to work.

January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011

Got Ys: Oath of Felgana today from last weeks sale on amazon.
Came in bubble mailer so im sending back for a replacement.

yaaa, bubble mailers

Bought it from a 3rd party seller at Amazon, $4.50 + $4.62 S/H Total of $9.12. The Game is listed as good and i was surprised it was in like new condition, i was thinking maybe the seller didnt notice the price, maybe he was trying to sell it for $24.50, oh well gotta love amazon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From the Blockbuster 5 for $20 blu-ray sale I picked up:

-Toy Story 2
-Toy Story 3
-The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
-The Kids Are All Right
-Zombieland

Last edited by a moderator:
_DSC2086.jpg

I go to bestbuy for a 10 dollar game, 120 later i'm thinking fuck I didn't even get the game I wanted :lol:

Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition
Midnight Club Los Angeles Complete edition
LOTR Blu-ray Trilogy
LOTR Best Buy exclusive ring

108_0006.png

Soul Calibur was $1 from a yard sale, RotTKIX came from ebay. Trying to get all five for PS2, which looks like it's going to be exceedingly hard.

108_0005.png

Premium editions of the blu/dvd combo packs of Katanagatari Part 1 and Arakawa Under the Bridge from NISA.

2011-07-06_08-13-38_65.jpg

Fear 3 cheap from Toysrus, and the other two were in great condition from Goozex.

2011-07-06_08-17-53_406.jpg

Both from someone on the tradeforums.

2011-07-06_08-16-39_866.jpg

2011-07-06_08-16-27_347.jpg

Also bought from someone on the tradeforums.

picture.php

picture.php

Tales of Vesperia First Strike Artbook :D (Thank you to dv8mad once again) :D :D :D
Found a gamestop that didn't remove the DQV guide when it pennied a long time ago. They gave it to me for free :D

Imported the Yakuza 4 Kuro Steelbook :)

picture.php

Got FEAR 3 for $3 (trade ins for $27) and I had a $10 off coupon from PUR.

Got Dungeon Siege III for $33 (PUR discount and $10 off coupon as well) :D

Got Plants Vs Zombies GOTY from Steam for 3.xx
Got Duke Nukem Forever for free from onlive (with $10 playpass sub which I will cancel next month)

Also not gaming related but I am going to be getting a Optimus V as well (for $130). Had to get one now because they are raising the rates from $25 to $35 but if you do it before 7/20 they grandfather you in

picture.php

Lilac PSP for $45.50 (I got a $50 GC courtesy of SHC-Gamer cuz my K-mart was sucking at stocking stuff). :D

picture.php

Imported the Portal 2 CE Guide :D (A little pissed cuz the top right corner got bent but since it is a UK import.... I can live with it).

Also got K-On! Vol. 2 early :D

Where did you pick up Ghost Hound from? I've not found it anywhere at an acceptable price. Great series though!

Found them fairly cheap on BestBuy.com, figured sure why not at those prices.

I usually hate buying JP/EU games, but I really like the LO cover art, not to mention the badass huge DVD case and separate pages for each disc.

That does look quite awesome. Especially for what I consider the best console RPG of this generation. Good taste sir!

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']
2011-07-09_13-55-13_603.jpg

Thanks dv8!

2011-07-09_13-54-24_478.jpg

Thanks Amazon!

2011-07-09_13-56-35_436.jpg

Thanks Gamestop!

2011-07-09_13-53-23_240.jpg

Thanks Best Buy![/QUOTE]

What u doing with all those capcoms? Are they worth anything flip wise?

[quote name='Survivalism']^They were $10 at Best Buy. They only get $7.75 at Amazon, which is weird since they still sell it for $55.[/QUOTE]

I tried to order, but it was sold out online.
Not a big deal. Saw today Lost Planet collector edition for $3.99

108_0022.png

Ar Tonelico was $30 from Gamestop after trade-in credit from some junk games, Haunting Ground was a surprise find at that GS, Clock Tower II came from Ash Burton's lowball, and the Slayers Evolution-R blu was from an Amazon third-party seller.

20hshl5.jpg

My uncle gave me the phone for free, so hopefully I can get out of this contract with T-Mobile. Their service in my area is awful and the customer service (or lack of it) is just as bad. Even if I have to pay an early termination fee I still might do it, as my employee discount will save me as much as I spend in about half a year. The mouse was also free, my old G5 was constantly turning off and on, so I googled the problem and it seems that a lot of G5s suffered this problem due to a short in the wiring. Sent Logitech an e-mail and they sent me a new G500 for absolutely free. I've always been a fan of their products, but they have just ensured that every mouse and keyboard I buy from now on is from them.

Some pickups from Gamestop and Five Below. I'm trying to round up the remaining good PS2 games I need before they are gone. River King and Innocent Life are still sealed. Also what was cool was that the rest of the games were just traded in to the Gamestop so they did not have a chance to throw away cases/manuals for Stretch Panic ($1.75ish) and Steam Bot Chronicles ($4ish).
P2130027.jpg

The ps3 games were $5 each. Second copy of Time Crisis 4 woot! Justifier and Hellboy magnet were $1 each. Hear I come other half of PS1 lightgun games! Call of Cthulhu was a pick up at a local game store for $23. Have been looking for this game for quite some time.
P2070025.jpg

Man....I need to jump on these threads sooner! I picked up a lot this month.

As far as :br: goes:
Wizard of Oz
William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet
Antichrist Criterion Collection
Date Night

For :360:
The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition
Shaun White Skateboarding($10 at Best Buy)
Wipeout In The Zone(Buy one get one free Kinect at Best Buy)
Kinect Sports(Buy one get one free Kinect at Best Buy)
Clash of the Titans($10 at Best Buy)
Stormrise($5 at Best Buy)
Crackdown(used at Gamestop)
Darksiders(used at Gamestop)
Deadly Premonition(used at Gamestop)
Metro 2033(used at Gamestop)
Tron Evolution Collector's Edition($50 at Gamestop)

:xbox:
Black
The Lord of the Rings The Third Age
Max Payne
Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne
Psychonauts
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Limited Edition

Whew.....and I've got a few lowballs coming my way too, so I'll add them as they arrive.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Very nice Kermit. All those ps2 games were gamestop stuff? Even the sealed ones? Was there a b1g1 sale I missed??#-o[/QUOTE]

The sealed games came from a store called Five Below, a surplus store of sorts. The other PS2 games I got with a B2G1 coupon when I signed up for the platinum rewards card. I've been having quite some luck with the Gamestops that get dumped with everyone else's PS2 games. And I really hope they do another B1G1 sale soon :D

Spent so much this month

Trauma Team from Amazon. Megatron and Optimus Prime Toysrus BOGO 50% off.

Bought all of this at J&R during their 4th of July sale

MG Destiny Gundam: Extreme Blast Mode

New Sneakers from Century 21

$8 worth food

7a62ea83.jpg

EDF was from Gamestop and has been a disappointment thus far, blurry grunt figure was from ebay, Oblivion GOTY Guide was from Amazon, Oblivion revised was from HPB, Lego Indy and FF8 Pc both came from a local game store for $4 each. Alan Wake CE, Dead rising ce, and NSMB came from a book swap site, and of course the best pick up came courtesy of my father, who picked up NCAA 2k3 for me from a GS close to him.

cb77989b.jpg

All the Guides came from ebay, and the CIB Dragon Warrior was from a third party seller on amazon.

[quote name='Zaku77']The food pic is awesome, but I hope you're aware that GitS movie just came out on Blu-ray! lol[/QUOTE]

I don't have a Blu-Ray player, so it really does not matter.

[quote name='coolsteel']
_DSC2318.jpg

5935825059_3d471ebcea_z.jpg

Berserk for the PS2
Some big boobs bikini game the seller threw in
Armor Plus Blaster Tekkaman Evil[/QUOTE]

what region is that berserk game? J, NTSC, Pal?
Can berserk be played on a NTSC-US PS2 slim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back