Discounted games at best buy. Metro 2033

Endangered

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hit the best buy in arlington tx today, over by Lincoln Square.

Got Metro 2033 for $14.99 on 360.

They also had Quantum Theory for 9.99, and quite a few other games I hadnt seen for

[quote name='Endangered']Hit the best buy in arlington tx today, over by Lincoln Square.

Got Metro 2033 for $14.99 on 360.

They also had Quantum Theory for 9.99, and quite a few other games I hadnt seen for

I saw 360 Quantun Theory for 9.99, as well as Blur,Metro 2033, and Darkest of Days all for $15 on 360. That was in Charlotte,NC BB.

I don't know if we can handle an additional thread covering these insane deals. Right now, there is talk of these between:

Sunday Ad thread
Best Buy YMMV Thread
Best Buy unadvertised thread
Borderlands GOTY thread
Hot Shot Tennis Thread
MK TE Xbox thread

I'm sure I'm missing one or two others...the point is, all of these Best Buy game deals are great, and I've been having fun searching for new stuff that's on clearance, but I've also been going a little insane trying to digest so much information from so many different threads, some sales being nationwide, some YMMV, etc... We need to consolidate some of this information to make it more effective, IMHO.

^LOL, simmer down now! I think its a bit redundant too, but without this, I would have never searched out Darkest of Days on BB.com. If anyone can get that game for $15, get it! Price has barely moved since release (although I think its finally $30 new at GS..)

edit: and its not on there :lol: :wall:

Gaff! You see, there's another game that I saw today, had no idea it was on super clearance! I'm going insane from too many deals!!!!:whee:

I would love to score metro 2033 and Darkest of Days for that price, looks like im gonna need to make a trip to best buy.

[quote name='sgaldis']I don't know if we can handle an additional thread covering these insane deals. Right now, there is talk of these between:

Sunday Ad thread
Best Buy YMMV Thread
Best Buy unadvertised thread
Borderlands GOTY thread
Hot Shot Tennis Thread
MK TE Xbox thread

I'm sure I'm missing one or two others...the point is, all of these Best Buy game deals are great, and I've been having fun searching for new stuff that's on clearance, but I've also been going a little insane trying to digest so much information from so many different threads, some sales being nationwide, some YMMV, etc... We need to consolidate some of this information to make it more effective, IMHO.[/QUOTE]

The sad part is that... I cant get in on any of the deals XD

I went to two stores and saw nothing listed.
I looked into MK TE and got nowhere.
I called with the Batman sku and got nothing between 5 different states.
I tried my luck with mafia 2 and people say it wasn't carried.
Borderlands isn't around me and for the wrong system.
etc

Also I know I shouldn't call, but I figured checking states would yield me atleast 1.

[quote name='admiralvic']The sad part is that... I cant get in on any of the deals XD

I went to two stores and saw nothing listed.
I looked into MK TE and got nowhere.
I called with the Batman sku and got nothing between 5 different states.
I tried my luck with mafia 2 and people say it wasn't carried.
Borderlands isn't around me and for the wrong system.
etc

Also I know I shouldn't call, but I figured checking states would yield me atleast 1.[/QUOTE]

What was the Mafia 2 deal and the Batman SKU?

Metro is one of the best games of this generation in my opinion. It's the anti-Call of Duty, though. It's a slow burn and the weapons don't grant you instant gratification. If that's not your thing, you might want to pass. But the gameplay, story and atmosphere are among the best in years. There's a good reason they're making a sequel.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Metro is one of the best games of this generation in my opinion. It's the anti-Call of Duty, though. It's a slow burn and the weapons don't grant you instant gratification. If that's not your thing, you might want to pass. But the gameplay, story and atmosphere are among the best in years. There's a good reason they're making a sequel.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I really enjoyed this game.

haven't seen Metro at any of my local stores since I started looking in November. Guess there's no harm in looking again, though.

I've been wanting this for the Xbox 360 for the longest time and this $15 price is just perfect. Looks like I will need to hunt for this one.

[quote name='shadowkast']I've picked up almost 10 games now from best buy. They have rock band 3 ps3 for $15 as well[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us has them on clearance for $9.98.

Picked up Metro 2033 at sears for $8 a week ago. Its pretty good, but very glitched. 3 times I have already had to delete the autosave to continue playing. very frustrating.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Toys R Us has them on clearance for $9.98.[/QUOTE]

Good luck trying to find them though, in the two stores in my area, neither of them had anything but trash (literally, a paper cup from McDonalds in one) titles for the DS and some 360s throwaways.

[quote name='macuseros9']Picked up Metro 2033 at sears for $8 a week ago. Its pretty good, but very glitched. 3 times I have already had to delete the autosave to continue playing. very frustrating.[/QUOTE]

I on the other hand played through twice without incident.

I bought Metro 2033 for 360 at launch, Gamestop was actually selling it at launch for $49.99. I thought the atmosphere was pretty solid, graphics were okay, but thought the gunplay was terrible. Never felt right. Sold it while the getting was good, and thought I may give it another chance once it dropped.

Well, thats the problem. It never has! I still believe it goes for over $30 used at Amazon, and cant recall EVER seeing this for anywhere near $20. I would pick it up again for $14.99, but Im pretty sure my BB doesnt have this game anymore.

Ill run by mine after work. I almost want this game solely on the premise is this is by far the lowest Ive seen it. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
been shopping for metro all the time, even on monday i think, and have not seen it that cheap. is this ymmv or has this been confirmed across the board? would like to take advantage of the price.

Quantum Theory was $14.99 at Sarasota, FL (University) BBY. :(
IDK if that price is YMMV or not but I even had the cashier scan it twice.

looked for darkest of days...poor reviews kept me away, but ill try it if i can find it cheap

i heard its a really cool idea, just really poor execution

I managed to find the last copy of Metro 2033 for $15 at the LIC, NY store. Was tempted to also pick up Dark Void for $5 but then I looked at my backlog pic (9__9)

Is Quantum Theory any good? Found it today for PS3 @ 15.99.

Only other thing they had was a TON of Red Faction for PS3 and a few PC games.

bread's done
Back