* * * * * 1 votes

[H] PS3, PS2, PC [W] PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PS Vita, PayPal

ps3 psp ps2 rpg ps4

#31 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:07 AM

I was once in a big old field in West Virginia at night in the summer, and there were zillions of fireflies blinking, it looked like the surrounding woods were covered in twinkling stars - or people snapping pictures on their cell phones. :p

Fireflies are pretty slow fliers, it's easy to intercept one that's floating around and get it to land on your hand.

Once, there was a firefly in my room, and I put it in a small container I used to keep some jelly beans in (in order to transport the firefly through the house and to the outdoors). I think it got a sugar rush, because it started blinking like crazy.

#32 OldSchool77   "Would you kindly?" CAGiversary!   2691 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

OldSchool77

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:54 AM

Insect getting high off of sugar I've seen, put a cube of sugar near an anthill and watch them go crazy :lol:

#33 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:51 PM

thursday bump!

Just ordered my textbooks for fall semester. International editions ftw! Also: the bookstore prices are such a rip-off.

#34 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

i've never seen any bioluminescent thing in person. some of the mushrooms & moss type plant life that grow in caves look really spectacular on television, so i can't imagine how awesome they might look in person.

#35 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

heat wave bump! :melts:

I wish I could bioluminesce. :( Then I wouldn't need a night light when I have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

#36 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

bump

#37 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

Thankye kindly! :)

It was like an oven outside today, the humidity made it positively unbearable. I wanted to go to Gamestop to return a game, but the prospect of getting into my car (which sits out on the driveway) was not appealing.

#38 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

lunch bump

#39 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:21 PM

i have no AC in my truck, and i live in TEXAS! pity me.

#40 sabanoo   I like pie. CAGiversary!   2250 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:47 AM

bump for a great trade!

#41 OldSchool77   "Would you kindly?" CAGiversary!   2691 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

OldSchool77

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:33 AM

I wish I could bioluminesce. :( Then I wouldn't need a night light when I have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Get some of those glo-rings at Michael's for $1 and your problem will be solved :lol:

i have no AC in my truck, and i live in TEXAS! pity me.

It was about 84 degrees here so I pity you and my brother who lives in Nevada. He just called me today to complain that his A/C went out on his fairly new black SUV:hot:

#42 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

afternoon bump!

Why, oh, why am I playing Champions of Norrath? I usually don't play hack-n-slash games, as I prefer story/character-driven games... and yet I've dumped about 4 or 5 hours into Norrath... *sigh*

#43 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:17 AM

evening bump! Yay!

How often do most cags check their accounts? I tend to check mine several times a day, so I try not to get impatient when I'm trying to set up a sale and my partner doesn't respond for a few days. But the wait sometimes feels agonizing, and then I realize it has only been 3 days and that isn't abnormal or anything.

#44 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

morning bump!

#45 rockalittle00   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

rockalittle00

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

bump

#46 sdragon   CAG's Top Dragon CAGiversary!   9310 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

FREE BUMP

Thanks, but not interested in any of those PS1 games.

#47 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:59 PM

Ugh, what a bs headache that is! So, the question is:

does the game look better in 720p with component cable OR in up-scaled 1080p with composite cable?

I don't have a PS3, I wasn't even aware that not all games for it weren't released in 1080, let alone that the component cable had some potential drawbacks; using component for my PS2 dramatically enhanced the visuals.

Stupid Sony, stupid Big Media, stupid greedy *mumble grumble* as if it does anything to prevent piracy *grumble* all it does it punish legitimate users *mumble*

composite will not get you 720p or 1080p with ps3, or any console, i'm afraid. HDMI will get you the best your tv can handle, but component is a much better choice if you can't do HDMI. there are no drawbacks to component except if you want to watch blu ray (which i could care less about, but is standard in ps3's) which requires HDMI, or unless the tv has limitations for component cables, but i've never heard of that, myself.

btw, i check CAG several times a day, too, but some cags have really demanding jobs/lives, so if they don't get back to you by the nearest weekend, then i give up, or send another pm. if you go to their profile, you can tell the last time they were on, so if they were on for 3 or 4 days in a row, and didn't pm you, that'd be the limit. if they didn't get at you in 5-7 days, but haven't been on since then, i let it slide. a case by case basis, really.

#48 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

Well, shows how much I know! :p I don't think I even have HDMI for my desktop, though my latest GPU has the capability (I think).

So, there are three choices for output? HDMI, composite, and component? See, I had thought HDMI was in addition to either composite or component. :facepalm:

Clearly I will need to do some research before purchasing a PS3, just so I know which accessories and extra hardware doodly-bits to buy!

#49 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:32 AM

HDMI > component > composite. you can only use one of those to hook up your system to an output device.

will you be hooking it up to a monitor or a tv? you do have the option of HDMI to DVI (or RGB) conversion for a monitor.

hey we all gotta learn sometime & somewhere. there's no one alive that didn't have to learn something, and all ps3 owners had to learn that, too. no biggie.

#50 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

Oh, definitely hooking up to a TV, my monitor is 15" diagonal and not even wide-screen. :p It's about 6 years old, I don't know if it can do HDMI or not.

I have no idea what the technical specifications are for the TV (I'm living at home while commuting to university), but I bet I can grab a model number and google it.

#51 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

"killer 7 was GREAT" bump!

#52 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:25 AM

I didn't even play it - I was doing a little research on it, going through the manual.... a little too violent for my tastes. I got it from a Switchgames trade because someone I knew recommended it, but I think I should have looked at the Youtube videos before putting it on my wishlist.

#53 OldSchool77   "Would you kindly?" CAGiversary!   2691 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

OldSchool77

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:28 AM

I try to check my account every other day or more often if I have a trade going. If I'm on vacation I might be offline for as long as a week though. I definitely recommend hooking up a PC to a TV through HDMI, less cables to manage is always better. You might need to use a larger font and medium or larger Icons to make everything easier to see :lol:

I never knew that Cowboys and Aliens was a webcomic, when did that come out? I was just interested to see it after I saw a trailer for it at the theater ;)

#54 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

Ah, but I live at home currently, so if I hook up to the TV, there's a bit less privacy. Also, I have to share the space with siblings, and I want access to my computer whenever I want. Maybe when I finally graduate and get a job and an apartment, I'll be able to hook up my PC to a TV, and it won't matter because I won't be disrupting anyone.

I think I read it (the webcomic) 6 or so years ago? By the time I read it, it had already been completed. I read through it once and thought it was mildly entertaining, but not enough that I'd read it again. From what I remember, the art quality was so-so in my opinion - nothing outstanding. I don't remember much about the story specifics.

#55 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

killer 7 (and all suda 51 games) is definitely an acquired taste. i don't mind violence in games, and it is over the top with it (even though it's all in stylized cartoon like graphics).

#56 OldSchool77   "Would you kindly?" CAGiversary!   2691 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

OldSchool77

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

Sorry, I just assumed that the TV only for your own personal use, you always have to take family into account of course :lol: That's too bad about the webcomic, I was going to look it up and see if it was still online but I'm very particular about the artistic style of comics that I read:roll:

#57 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

Well, maybe it is good for webcomic-quality? But, compared to Marc Silverstri, Brett Booth, Michael Turner, Eric Basaldua, and other similar styles in the industry.... yeah, okay, most webcomics can't really hold a candle to those guys! :p To be fair, I've seen some pretty crummy art (in my opinion) in published stuff, and some really classy and quality artistic styles on free-to-read webcomics. There's no harm in looking it up and seeing if it meets your standards of quality - I happen to be extremely picky.

I used to read a lot of webcomics many years ago, but I've culled it down to a handful that update regularly and that I like. Of course, they have enormous archives... I've been reading through Wapsi Square again, 10 years of archives does take more than a few hours to get through...

#58 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

i saw an MTV True Life episode about younger kids allergic to foods, and doing the allergy tests. are you trying to see what foods you can eat, or would you care to share why you need the tests? good luck either way.

#59 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:12 AM

I started having a recurring sinus infection earlier this year. Got my sinuses looked and imaged and there's nothing wrong structurally, so the doc suggested to get tested for respiratory allergens as a possible cause. Turns out I'm allergic to ragweed, tree pollen, and some grass pollen, as well as to dust mites, dogs, and cats. I've never had a severe allergic reaction to anything (like sudden onset of acute symptoms), so I had no clue I was actually allergic to any of this stuff!

Gotta say, the testing was almost as unpleasant than the sinus infection symptoms I had/have. :p Should've brought my PSP with me, there was a lot of waiting involved with nothing for me to do.

ALSO: yes! Finally finished re-reading the Wapsi Square archives! The intricacies are much more apparent when I can read everything in the span of a few days as opposed to several years (I've been reading the comic for about 5 to 6 years).

#60 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

The price drop was pretty smart of Nintendo, now the PSVita will be $80 more expensive than its rival (the 3DS). Not sure if that is was Nintendo was thinking /if that was the primary reason. At least they are nice enough to offer those early adopters those 10 free games, that's a pretty sweet deal. If it was Sony announcing an $80 price drop, they wouldn't give a crap about early adopters. As much as I like my PS2 and its library of games, Sony as a company leaves much to be desired in the Public-Relations department!

it would've been nice if they let you choose 20 games from eshop, or 2 3ds games, not forced crap that i've already played, and certainly didn't buy a 3DS to play. they could've at least extended our warranty for a year, or something worth a darn. i will never touch those games.

it's also a different story, and possibly nice from the perspective of those that didn't get screwed by a 30% price drop in 4 & 1/2 months. lucky me, huh :roll:?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ps3, psp, ps2, rpg, ps4