* * * * * 1 votes

[H] PS3, PS2, PC [W] PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PS Vita, PayPal

ps3 psp ps2 rpg ps4

#91 OldSchool77   "Would you kindly?" CAGiversary!   2691 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

OldSchool77

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:35 AM

nighttime bump!

For those of you who have been on CAG for a while, do you tend to notice any trends of when users browse the trade forums? In other words, do there tend to be more people trying to buy/trade at certain times of the year? Likewise, are there certain times of the year when there don't seem to be as many members trading/selling?

Seems like it but I've never really kept track, lots of buying/ trading before the holidays and I always do a few multi-pack deals whenever Steam is having a sale :lol: I could go through my emails and see what months are slow but it's sporadic and I think it mostly depends on what you have in your list at the time ;)

#92 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

Seems like it but I've never really kept track, lots of buying/ trading before the holidays and I always do a few multi-pack deals whenever Steam is having a sale :lol: I could go through my emails and see what months are slow but it's sporadic and I think it mostly depends on what you have in your list at the time ;)

exactly. it's too unpredictable, since it's so subjective. i've never thought about what time of year i've been up & down, though.

#93 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

Hmm, interesting. Makes sense that the holidays would be busy, though. But, you're right, it probably is sporadic and might be more closely linked to game releases (and people wanting to trade for a new game, or people trying to sell the new game if they didn't like it).

#94 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:20 AM

Bump! Okay, trying to play Drakan: The Ancients Gates. 2002 game, the combat sucks, the quick menu sucks.... the only thing I like so far is probably the voice acting. But after playing Champions: Return to Arms, the combat in this game feels like I'm wearing oven mitts. Even when I'm cheating (invincibility), it isn't easy. I would even be so bold as to say that Gothic 1's combat is better, and that's saying a lot. It's one of those things where I want to like the game (yay, dragons!) but I just can't bring myself to slog through it. I mean, come on, huge open world and all I have is a HUD compass, no HUD minimap!? *sigh* I'll probably put it up for trade soon. You'd think renting it twice and returning it both times would have indicated that a third time would not be the charm. It never is. I don't know why I bother reading user reviews...

#95 OldSchool77   "Would you kindly?" CAGiversary!   2691 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

OldSchool77

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:07 AM

Sounds like you're a glutton for punishment :lol: I either try the demo or about 30 minutes of a game, If I don't like it by then I usually get rid of it unless it's a series I REALLY like *cough* Other M *cough* . I was looking at your tradelist and I noticed that you had the sequel to The Longest Journey but not the original, did you ever play it? It was one of my favorite games, it had a great story and even though the graphics are dated now at the time they were pretty decent.

#96 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

Yeah, I actually have the Dreamfall GotY, so I've played both. I was disappointed with April's personality change in Dreamfall, but it was cool to see the 2D sites from TLJ brought to full 3D in Dreamfall. I think one of my favorite parts of TLJ was the Book of Secrets with all the VAing bloopers! :p

I don't like that Dreamfall left on a cliffhanger, or the rumor that Dreamfall would continue with episodic games - ew. Oh well, plenty of other games to play - though there certainly don't seem to be many adventure games like TLJ anymore. Even Dreamfall was watered down in terms of puzzles (I had to use a walkthrough for TLJ) and item gathering/combinations. I also liked how in TLJ April would have comments for whenever you clicked on something, even if it was a scenery or object that was never used to solve a puzzle or anything. There wasn't much of that for Dreamfall.

Yeah, I'm realizing that my tastes really don't line up with reviewer's opinions at all. I've been burned so many times, buying a game that was supposed to be "really good" and I end up not liking it at all. That's why I don't like digital distribution, there's no way I can rent a game to see if I like it. Same with PC games (if they don't have demos).

#97 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

le bump!

EDIT: Also, I can (barely) access my bookshelf, so I think I'll start trying to inventory everything tomorrow. I've got my books lined up 2-deep -- it's a small bookcase! :p

#98 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:04 AM

SELL ALL THE BOOKS! [insert meme]

Okay, went through and took down ISBNs of all the books I want to sell. Good news, many of them have Dragons in them! Check the OP for the list (it's in a spoiler box). I think I priced them reasonably, no? Can't believe I paid full price at B&N when I bought these, what a rip-off.

#99 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:09 AM

aw, sucks you just bumped. i'll try to get you again later.

#100 OldSchool77   "Would you kindly?" CAGiversary!   2691 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

OldSchool77

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:27 AM

I didn't mind the changes in Dreamfall since it was supposed to take place after an extreme event. April had to adapt to the new world after growing up in Stark, and she had a few traumatic events happen to her. I don't remember but I don't think it sold very well so that's probably why they never did make another sequel. It looks like you've already played some of my favorite point and click adventure games otherwise I would have recommended them to you :lol:

I'm definitely interested in the Ann Mcaffrey books but I have to see what I already own first. I was painting my room and had new carpet put in so I boxed up my books and stored them in my closet several months ago.

#101 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:26 PM

good, it's later. bump.

#102 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

I will try to bump yours soon - someone bumped it just an hour ago, so it seems like it might be a little too soon for my bump to have maximum effect.

@OldSchool77 - yeah, I recall enjoying the Crystal Singer series. No dragons, but still great world building, very immersive. I don't remember the Power Play series very well. And I thought the first Acorna book was good, but the later books weren't to my tastes.

I think the books I listed represent maybe 2/3rds of what's on my bookshelf. They're good books - I just don't see myself reading them again. But, there are a few books I can't quite bring myself to part with, not yet.

#103 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:28 AM

umpa-bumpa bump-bump-bump! *attempts to be musical*

#104 OldSchool77   "Would you kindly?" CAGiversary!   2691 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

OldSchool77

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:11 AM

I thought you were trying to recall the Oompa Loompa song :lol: I knew that those other series were supposed to cover the non-dragon riding people that lived on Pern I just never got around to reading them :-(

#105 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

Hmm? Oh, no, Crystal Singer has nothing to do with Pern, and neither does the Power Play series. They are both sci-fi, completely unrelated to Pern. Same with the Planet Pirates books. Heh, I remember that much about them, at least (it's been at least 8 years since I've read any McCaffrey books). I could empathize at the time with the Crystal Singer series, where the main character gradually loses her memory, 'cause I was having memory problems too (run-up to an encephalopathy - part of why reading is harder for me now than it used to be).

There are some Pern books that do focus on the regular inhabitants - but, of course Dragonriders usually feature in some way or other to some extent.

Oompa loompa song? Nah, just trying to add something a little more than "bump" to my post. :p Single-word posts seem so empty and sad, I try to spice it up a little if I can't think of something to talk about.

#106 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:05 PM

umpa-bumpa bump-bump-bump! *attempts to be musical*

reminded me of the patapon games, lol.

#107 OldSchool77   "Would you kindly?" CAGiversary!   2691 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

OldSchool77

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:58 AM

I was thinking of the Acorna series, since I've never heard of the power play series :lol: I should have mentioned that I was thinking of the older movies song not the one with Johnny Depp. I've been lucky enough to not really have any illnesses other than respiratory ones, mostly due to where I live:roll:

#108 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

I think I saw a little part of the Depp one, I didn't like it, it felt way too dark and moody.

Power Play series was pretty cool; from what I recall, there's a sentient planet and some guy that can shapeshift into an otter (some sort of Celtic mythology reference, I think - selkie?). That's about all I remember. :-#

Hmm, I wonder if I should put up my recurve bow for sale. I have a compound bow, but haven't used it in years; I'd have to build up my wimpy back muscles before being able to draw it again.

#109 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:17 AM

can't hurt to list anything (unless it's stolen or illegal).

#110 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

Good idea, I'll have to go through and see what else I can add!

Also: PRICE CUTS! :D OP updated with improved formatting (I hope!) and price drops for the majority of the items listed.

#111 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:22 PM

hey, look, evening bump! Not that I could tell the time of day, given that it's been cloudy and dark since this morning.

#112 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:38 PM

bump

#113 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:16 AM

*stabs thread* Just hasn't been my day today. You ever have days where you just want to punch something, or break things?

#114 OldSchool77   "Would you kindly?" CAGiversary!   2691 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

OldSchool77

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:30 AM

*stabs thread* Just hasn't been my day today. You ever have days where you just want to punch something, or break things?

That's what games are for :lol: I listed most of my books in the second post of my thread so know I know what to look for.

I'm interested in: The Planet Pirates,Crystal Singer, Killashandra, Crystal Line, Acorna: The Unicorn Girl,Darkness and Dawn, Dragonsblood, Moreta, Nerilka's Story, Dragonseye,The Chronicles of Pern

and Dragon's Kin

Edited by OldSchool77, 15 August 2011 - 03:32 AM.
forgot one

#115 Alaisiagae   The Corgi CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

PM sent. :)

Also, an afternoon bump.

#116 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7858 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:55 AM

evening bump!

and yes (on the punching things). all the time, though alot less the last year or so, but my rage has been making an ugly comeback recently, unfortunately (not while playing games, or anything, but just having BAD days).

#117 sdragon   CAG's Top Dragon CAGiversary!   9310 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

Free BUMP!

#118 OldSchool77   "Would you kindly?" CAGiversary!   2691 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

OldSchool77

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:40 AM

Bump...

Replied to your PM :D

#119 DaButtonMasher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

DaButtonMasher

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

PM sent

#120 Just Some Guy   Spare Some Change CAGiversary!   2419 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Just Some Guy

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

bump and if you have spare time I was also wondering what is the difference in fees for paypal and amazon since I am only familiar with paypal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ps3, psp, ps2, rpg, ps4