Just bought Wind Waker on Amazon

jaredstorm

CAGiversary!
I can't wait to play this game again. I had it ions ago, and I have been itching to play it again and actually beat it. Can't wait!

Amazing game indeed.

I put so much time into this game that I can't believe I didn't finish it. I checked my save file (from 2005, eesh!) and I was at some temple with a little leaf dude. I'm so lost now though I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but I'm not inclined to ever start it over, either.

That's a little less than half way.

Anyways, good game potentially great game but missing a lot of stuff and the last third felt rushed as hell. Should've stayed in development for another year.

[quote name='darkstarripclaw']How much and condition?[/QUOTE]

I got the 'Collectible' condition. Don't know the difference between that and 'Used.' The buyer said it was in very good condition too. I got it for a cool 32 bones.

I also got fairly far into it, then I didn't play for a little while and came back to it and was lost on what to do. One of the biggest problems with all Zelda games for sure.

I never beat the game either got to the part where you need to sail around for triforce pieces or something like that and said nuts to this.

[quote name='coolsteel']I never beat the game either got to the part where you need to sail around for triforce pieces or something like that and said nuts to this.[/QUOTE]

That's unfortunately the worst part about an otherwise amazing game. Wind Waker was such a magnificent game overall. It's too bad that so many people missed out.

[quote name='Scorch']Holy crap, had no idea that this had shot up in value. Time to unload my extra copy![/QUOTE]

I had no idea either but I guess it makes sense. With the revitalization of the series thanks to OoT, Wind Waker is probably the game many people missed out on during the GameCube era. Maybe then people will realize a realistic Zelda doesn't necessary equate to a good Zelda (*cough*Twilight Pirncess*cough*).

Too bad, nobody remembers Majora's Mask. They should definitely remake that.

[quote name='coolsteel']I never beat the game either got to the part where you need to sail around for triforce pieces or something like that and said nuts to this.[/QUOTE]

same here. I was around the same point, except I couldn't figure out how to get up onto this island for the life of me, and I didn't want to resort to gamefaqs (back then).

I'm actually planning on picking this up very soon. With my recent acquirement of Phantom Hourglass, my pre-order of Skyward Sword, and my desire to get the OoT remake, I've decided that I want to complete my Zelda "collection". The only ones I have are the first two for NES, Link's Awakening DX, OoT, and now the aforementioned purchases. I've been avoid Zelda games for so many years because the thought of playing them all seemed far too daunting, but I am surprised to see that there are not nearly as many games as I previously thought. Call me crazy, but I'm thinking of just playing through the entire series. Considering that I've only completed the original two, I think this is long overdue.

If I post my thoughts on Wind Waker, there will be wars. Anyway, I got bored sailing and never finished. I'm planning on starting it from scratch again and finishing it this time though. I am dreading it, but it's Zelda, so I have to finish it.

Not everyone has to like it. I really didn't like Majora's Mask, which I am told makes me a bad person...but I need to go back and play through it properly because, like you said, it's Zelda.

Finished the game.It was alright.Got tired of sailing and collecting all the triforce shards. Itching to play Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland.

This was my favorite Zelda game that I have played. I for one actually liked the freedom and relaxation of the sailing. I don't really see what everyone's problem was with it.

Also the king of red lions was one of the most innovative characters I have come across in a game.

[quote name='mrx001']Finished the game.It was alright.Got tired of sailing and collecting all the triforce shards. Itching to play Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland.[/QUOTE]YES this game is awesome.

This is my second favorite Zelda (sorry, LttP is just too good).

If it had shipped as a completed game it would have been my favorite easily. Loved the world, the atmosphere and those fantastic characters.

The only part of sailing I didn't like was changing the direction of the wind. It was just an awkward mechanic but once I got moving I enjoyed the actual sailing part quite a bit. I have high hopes that if this ever gets remade, Nintendo will figure out a more intuitive way to shift the wind's direction.

Also Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is fucking awesome. So is Balloon Trip of Love if you're willing to stumble around with it. I have been trying to get a poster from TRR for ages and ages but no luck. Tingle promo stuff is super hard to find. Ah well.

Played this game when I was a kid. It has a special place in my heart like many GameCube games. Mostly because it was before I had internet and only got like 1 video game a year.

Heh this is where I dropped off the Zelda world. I couldn't get into it. I think I got to the first temple or something then quit after that. Having recently beat OoT, I decided to give TP a try and am having a hard time getting into it. I'm chasing the little monkey and the boy who ran after it :roll:

TP is terrible until you can turn into the wolf at will, at which point it becomes amazing. I gave up on the stupid moblin chase like 3 years ago, then started back up and didnt stop til the end.

You have to keep going. The second to last dungeon is so awesome.

bread's done
Back