Duke Nukem Forever (standard edition) $39.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Drclaw411']It's been dropped to $39.99 at Amazon. Reviewers shat all over it because it's not Call of Halo, but I really enjoyed the game.

They have also marked down the PC and 360 versions of the Balls of Steel edition.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...duke+nukem+forever&sprefix=duke+nukem+forever[/QUOTE]

Reviewers deservedly shat all over this game. Nostalgia does not equate to giving a favorable review score for something.

For once I agreed with one of Jim Sterlings reviews. I tried this over at my friend's house and while I was a tad bit nostalgic... the game sucks a big fat one. I will play it eventually when it hits like $20 or so just to say I played the game that almost took 2 decades to come out.

It's been 39.99 for over a week. I've been keeping an eye on used copies on amazon for a sub 20 and it's mine.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Reviewers deservedly shat all over this game. Nostalgia does not equate to giving a favorable review score for something.

For once I agreed with one of Jim Sterlings reviews. I tried this over at my friend's house and while I was a tad bit nostalgic... the game sucks a big fat one. I will play it eventually when it hits like $20 or so just to say I played the game that almost took 2 decades to come out.[/QUOTE]

thanks for your opinion! shucks, i didnt even have to ask for it :D

It doesn't matter if you asked for it honestly. It has nostalgia, but he's right, it's not a very good game and 40 bucks is way over priced. It was 25 during the steam sale and it was still too expensive.

[quote name='dmdragon']It doesn't matter if you asked for it honestly. It has nostalgia, but he's right, it's not a very good game and 40 bucks is way over priced. It was 25 during the steam sale and it was still too expensive.[/QUOTE]

i also dont care about your opinion. im just here to post price drops ;)

If it gets sub 20 , I'd probably bite out of curiosity but 40 is still too much to pay for this even if you are a fan. This will almost assuredly be cheaper in the next month or two.

[quote name='Drclaw411']i also dont care about your opinion. im just here to post price drops ;)[/QUOTE]

What is your problem? You gave your opinion of the game, and other people gave theirs. No need to act like a dick.

[quote name='Pollox']What is your problem? You gave your opinion of the game, and other people gave theirs. No need to act like a dick.[/QUOTE]

my problem is that their opinions arent being shared to help people. they share their opinions and rate 1 star to insult me.

[quote name='Drclaw411']my problem is that their opinions arent being shared to help people. they share their opinions and rate 1 star to insult me.[/QUOTE]
Truth is, you're not that special, bud.

I think you are taking this a little too personal man. I don't think anyone here meant to offend you being the OP in any way. That being said the idea of site site is that people can come here and get deal information as well as a general sense of what deals are worth jumping on. To a new person or someone not familiar they can to get that information from these posts. They aren't going to get a clear idea if all we do is say "Great deal, good find!" Its just not all that helpful to someone on the fence.

If anything in this case I think some of the posters were trying to keep people from buying this at a price that most of us would regret. The site is Cheap Ass Gamer meaning not all of us have money to throw around. If its been cheaper or its not a good game for most people that play it, I think people need to know about it. I trust people on here a whole hell of a lot more than I trust a reviewer for the simple fact even lurking I can tell what type of games the more vocal people play.

Sorry for the novel but I just wanted to say for my part, I was not intending to offend, but I feel just like you are able to say the game is great, I can say I wouldn't pay this much for it after playing the demo. Sorry if you took anything otherwise at least from my post.

[quote name='Drclaw411']my problem is that their opinions arent being shared to help people. they share their opinions and rate 1 star to insult me.[/QUOTE]
Nope. Other people giving their opinions is helpful as well.

Anyway, people are 1-staring the thread because DNF has been this price for a while and it will continue to drop. DNF's quality has nothing to do with you, unless you're George Broussard. If you are.. well, you deserve the criticism.

I bought it for 60 and don't regret my purchase at all.
However it really is made mainly for the Die Hard Duke Nukem fan who just wanted to see him return, I can understand the negativity it gets.

However I find the negativity it does get is sometimes overblown.
Yes I can understand it is a bad game, but some of the games that accuse it of being unplayable or no fun to be had are just lying.

Just rated 1 star just to insult the OP!

No, not really, I never rate anything unless a rating on here looks really wrong to me, so I try to help it in the right direction. Anyway, on topic, it's probably a better bet for those wanting it to hit up Best Buy instead, where it's the same price, and use it towards the b2g1 deal. My two cents is I'll wait for the super bargain bin as well. I want to play out of nostalgia as well, but the demo looks like ass, and the gameplay is 20 years old. I like the old school, but not the new school pricing. Would've been nice as an XBLA title.

[quote name='dmdragon']It doesn't matter if you asked for it honestly. It has nostalgia, but he's right, it's not a very good game and 40 bucks is way over priced. It was 25 during the steam sale and it was still too expensive.[/QUOTE]

I played it and its a 10 dollar game at best to be perfectly honest. I sadly wasted my money on it and wish I hadnt. I canceled my preorder when I started hearing about it more. Then I got the balls of steel for ps3 off ebay for like 60 bucks in a moment of weakness and Im still kicking myself for doing it.

Its really just a game you pay 10 bucks for to play just for the sake of playing it because its duke nukem.

NostalgiaGoggles.png

i played the demo and felt bad for those that bought this at launch =/

This game will be $9.99 by Black Friday.

It's the epitome of a rushed game (that was 15 years in the making). Friends of mine who work @ Gamestop and Target have both said they have pallets of them just sitting in the back.

+1 in agreement that it should have just been a good XBLA / PSN / Stream only title.

First of all I didn't rate you at all. Second of all my opinion is just that, an opinion and it IS being shared to help people not buy this crappy game for this price, even if it's not what you want to hear.

lol sorry for getting butthurt. sometimes i take things personally because i feel most people who bash games on here do so without playing them, just to follow the trend, and then rate 1 star for the funny. anyway, i guess im in the minority but i loved this game. so thats my opinion for what its worth.

[quote name='Solder']This game will be $9.99 by Black Friday.

It's the epitome of a rushed game (that was 15 years in the making). Friends of mine who work @ Gamestop and Target have both said they have pallets of them just sitting in the back.

+1 in agreement that it should have just been a good XBLA / PSN / Stream only title.[/QUOTE]

That was exactly my point, but of course it isn't a helpful point since it is contrary to what the op said lol

[quote name='dmdragon']First of all I didn't rate you at all. Second of all my opinion is just that, an opinion and it IS being shared to help people not buy this crappy game for this price, even if it's not what you want to hear.[/QUOTE]

yeah sorry for getting anal. dont log on cag while you're already annoyed, lessoned learned lol

[quote name='Drclaw411']yeah sorry for getting anal. dont log on cag while you're already annoyed, lessoned learned lol[/QUOTE]

If i wanted to insult you then I would have, people know me here and i can say what's on my mind from time to time lol

I respect that you like the game, but I wasn't impressed at all, and to be quite honest and abrupt you are actually in the minority on this one sadly. Not very many people actually liked it. Not so much that it's a bad game. I mean it plays well and it "works" but it's just very generic for a fps and with Halo and COD (even though I hate that series) we expect more now.

This kind of game was ok back when the original Unreal was out, or Quake as this was pretty much the norm for games back then, but now it just doesn't work nearly as well.

DrClaw Im backing you here.

The reviews were garbage and unprofessional and embarrassing.

People needed to take this game for what it was. The Singleplayer was an old unfinished game that just needed to get released before it was too late. The history of the game is great in itself. You can watch all the old trailers and check out the timeline in the extras menu.

The SP is a quick simple fun ride. Simple nothing more. It has the old enemies and weapons. A nice nostalgic throwback.

What really makes the game IMO is the multiplayer. Its great. I play the 360 version almost every other day still and I got the game on release day. Its got the old weapons, great maps, great dukematch. DLC is coming out soon as well. They even have this leveling up system and challenges that makes it deeper than expected. I actually like it alot more than COD and Halo at this point

So yeah to me DNF is getting plenty of extended play time. MP gives it replay while the SP is once through for the sake of history. Im a gaming snob and I can still appreciate the game for what it is. Too many kids and new school game reviews have no idea what they were getting into and thus poorly reviewed it. To me its well worth it. When it hits 20$ I say everyone should get it just to take a spin on gaming history and some multiplayer.

Haters gnna hate. Hail the King baby.

[quote name='Solder']This game will be $9.99 by Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

I highly disagree with you my friend. Duke Nukem Forever is what Santa Clause will be putting in the bad kids stocking this year due to the high value of coal.

They should give this game away free so every other game people own will be that much better compared to it. I think it's funny the OP takes the bad reviews so personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back