Beyond Good & Evil PC $3.24 at amazon

The GamersGate price is part of a week long sale that includes daily deals, so it could potentially go even lower this week (it's currently only 35% off their normal price).

on every computer system i have ever had this always runs weird and laggy. even on my toshiba 17 with 512mb video card and 4gb ram

^This is what I am worried about. I've read the same thing over and over again on many a forum. The gamepad support is also wonky from what I recall.

I'll probably wait to get the GOG.com version when it goes on sale again (soundtrack and extra goodies for free, plus no DRM). According to this post on GOG.com's BG&E support forum the wrapper GOG uses for launching the game fixes some problems with multicore processors, so that might be another reason to go with their version. Check out the rest of the forum posts for help on getting gamepad support mostly working, too.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']^This is what I am worried about. I've read the same thing over and over again on many a forum. The gamepad support is also wonky from what I recall.

I'll probably wait to get the GOG.com version when it goes on sale again (soundtrack and extra goodies for free, plus no DRM). According to this post on GOG.com's BG&E support forum the wrapper GOG uses for launching the game fixes some problems with multicore processors, so that might be another reason to go with their version. Check out the rest of the forum posts for help on getting gamepad support mostly working, too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the good info!

bread's done
Back