[DEAD]Amazon's Biggest Anime Sale of the Year-Tons of Anime Blu-rays and DVDs on Sale

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Yu Yu Hakusho Season 1. I've read good things about the HD transfer. Can't wait for Season 2 and 3 in the next couple of months!

Does Amazon ever do post-order price matching?

I just ordered all four of the DBZ Kai Blu-rays listed a few days ago and they already shipped out. It'd be nice to save some money on them.

Yu Yu Hakusho is tempting, although I already have it on DVD and have been watching it at a snails pace. I do enjoy the show though, just so much to watch.

[quote name='darrenf619']Does Amazon ever do post-order price matching?

I just ordered all four of the DBZ Kai Blu-rays listed a few days ago and they already shipped out. It'd be nice to save some money on them.[/QUOTE]

They rarely do now and usually it's on a one time exception type of thing. Just complain a few times and you might get credited back

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Does anyone know if the...

Samurai Champloo Re-issue...

... is the same or is a Better Video Quality than the old...

Old Samurai Champloo set?

I googled the heck out of it and found both yes/no contradicting answers.[/QUOTE]It's most likely the same transfer, but some have claimed the newer release has been slightly improved. Like you said, the info out there is strangely contradictory, but it seems like you might as well go for the readily available newer version either way.

And damn, I just paid like $5 more for it when it showed up in my gold box a few weeks ago! What a fantastic deal. Plenty of people shelled out $100+ for the DVD set way back when. I'm so glad there's been a movement away from prohibitively expensive prices on anime releases.

Every time a sale like this comes around, I see Claymore for cheap and ask myself why I haven't bought it yet. Then I read the review and remember. Sigh, I think I might just have to break down and buy it because I'm sure there won't be another release. Considering the DVDs are twice the price and technically wouldn't be much better, I guess I should just bite the bullet. This is the cheapest it has ever been by $.50 BTW.

OK, Eden of the East keeps popping up and I must say I'm intrigued, but as a blind buy I wish there was a fansub of the first episode to see if it's for me. I like what I hear but can anyone say for sure it's a must for someone who loved Akira, Berserk, Claymore, Ghost in the Shell (the show not as much, but was still very enjoyable), Blood (not the show, that was god awful), and Samurai Champloo (I know it's an odd list, but I don't watch much anime anymore)? I dig cyber-punk themes, and dark or intellectually deep stories.

Thoughts?

[quote name='Jodou']OK, Eden of the East keeps popping up and I must say I'm intrigued, but as a blind buy I wish there was a fansub of the first episode to see if it's for me. I like what I hear but can anyone say for sure it's a must for someone who loved Akira, Berserk, Claymore, Ghost in the Shell (the show not as much, but was still very enjoyable), Blood (not the show, that was god awful), and Samurai Champloo (I know it's an odd list, but I don't watch much anime anymore)? I dig cyber-punk themes, and dark or intellectually deep stories.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure there are fansubs of it out there, plus its also on Netflix. Eden of the East that is.

[quote name='mitnosi']Pretty sure there are fansubs of it out there, plus its also on Netflix. Eden of the East that is.[/QUOTE]
Bah, don't have Netflix. I tried looking for a free stream of it, but no dice.

[quote name='ShogunNage']thx for putting when the deal ends, was going to ask :)[/QUOTE]

It took me awhile to find the actual link since it wasn't up yet, but once it went up, to the op it goes. :3

I was looking at the Yu Yu Hakusho Vol. 1 DVD page and noticed that I ordered it exactly a year ago yesterday :D

Same price as it is now, $13.99

Dammit THIS is the last thing i needed right now..During last years sell me and my son went thru the Orange Box's of Dragon Ball Z 1-4 and since then ive been waiting to complete the set. 5-9 should run me 78.00 and a few hundred hours on my projector bulb but its all worth it!

My wallet! NOOOOOO!!!!!

Seriously, I'm gonna be extra picky and try and save money. If its on Netflix, I won't buy it. Was waiting for a price drop on Initial D Fourth stage below $30 ($21 each right now), and now I'm deciding to save and not buy em. In for Case Closed Season 2 & 5 (only seasons not available on discs on Netflix, saw season 1 and now renting season 3, with season 4 discs on my queue)

I already mentioned some of it in the DBZ Dragon Box thread, but I bought Dragon Box 3-6, Dragon Ball seasons 1 and 2, Black Blood Brothers, Samurai Champloo, and Soul Eater: Meister Collection. Hopefully some more things will show up in my gold box before the sale is over, not that I need anything else...

Anyone have any idea how long this sale is going on for? I've got some amazon gift cards I'm waiting for in the mail.

[quote name='phatbhuda']Anyone have any idea how long this sale is going on for? I've got some amazon gift cards I'm waiting for in the mail.[/QUOTE]

It's mentioned in the op.

August 8th.

[quote name='FireWarrior']What they didn't want to include DBZ Kai Part 4 on the sale?[/QUOTE]
I don't know why they didn't include it, but they did just have it for sale on June 17th for $13.XX. I think it was for High-Def Week.

[quote name='Jodou']OK, Eden of the East keeps popping up and I must say I'm intrigued, but as a blind buy I wish there was a fansub of the first episode to see if it's for me. I like what I hear but can anyone say for sure it's a must for someone who loved Akira, Berserk, Claymore, Ghost in the Shell (the show not as much, but was still very enjoyable), Blood (not the show, that was god awful), and Samurai Champloo (I know it's an odd list, but I don't watch much anime anymore)? I dig cyber-punk themes, and dark or intellectually deep stories.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's like any of the shows you listed. Netflix'd this several weeks ago, but it didn't leave a lasting impression. Main character with a secret past tries to uncover why/how he wiped his own memory. Girl and her ragtag friends become involved for their own reasons.

The unraveling mystery was engrossing enough to want to watch it all asap, but I could only muster a "that's it?" when the final credits rolled. Maybe I didn't get it, or care. Not a keeper for me. Fun while it lasted.

It has a few dark elements thrown into the mix of a love story in a semi-futuristic setting. Bits of humor here and there to round things out.

Set up one of those free month Netflix trials if you've never done so and watch the 2 discs. Streaming available, but the Japanese actors trump the dub.

[quote name='Jodou']Bah, don't have Netflix. I tried looking for a free stream of it, but no dice.[/QUOTE]
It's on hulu, with a dub I believe

[quote name='lorddct']Still no Ouran High school host club(blu) :([/QUOTE]
This I would buy.

[quote name='Astroranagun']is the guyver worth it? was thinking going to hold since its funimation...will drop more in later period.[/QUOTE]
It's alright. The story doesn't really seem to pick up until about half way into it, but if you're a fan of the original series you'd probably enjoy it.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']is it a good show? its available on netflix i think[/QUOTE]

It's awesome. Really hilarious at times and just very entertaining/wacky storylines. I actually prefer the english version of it, which I rarely do, but they did a good job with it.

You can watch it on youtube too:

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=83H-KhQ310Y

Just checked out with Dragon Boxes 1, 3-6, DBZ Kai Parts 1-5 on Blu along with Trigun and Samurai Champloo to boot. What is wrong with me? Guess I'm a Funi supporter.

Dammit, why do they have to do this at the exact same time as B&N's Criterion sale? The Criterion sale takes priority for me, but damn, if they'd have done this next month (or last month), I'd have been all over it.

bread's done
Back