* * * * - 14 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

#6601 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10366 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

Hehe, my backlog gets more ridiculous which each day and/or purchase. ;)

I loved ME3, despite its ending (before Extended Cut - ain't played it since Extended Cut).

I absolutely loved ME2.

BTW, how's Tiny Tina DLC? Looks like a blast.

I still need to get ALL of the other BL2 DLC.

Yeah, and the sad thing is I tend to pump ridiculous hours into a select few games that I love (ME, Skyrim, BL, DI).  I literally have years of possible playtime in my catalog as it stands.

I never minded the pre-Extended Cut ending.  I guess growing up with Choose Your Own Adventure books molded me into accepting others ideas of the ways a story could possibly end.  Though with the EC and Leviathan, it does satisfy some of my wishes to gain slightly more insight into the (back)story and history of the ME universe. 

I'd have to say that while I'm sure my own preferences make me biased, Tiny Tina was my favorite DLC of the four.  I was over leveled unfortunately, so it was a bit easy to play through which is why I want to start a new character.  (I'm a solo player.)  I just really like the setting, enemies varieties were a nice change of pace and the dialogue to me was hilarious.  I played on normal difficulty, so now I'll start over on TVHM.  I can't decide if I want to start with Gaige or Kreig.  I'll play them all eventually (multiple times), but both of them seem the most interesting to me right now. 

#6602 awestover89   So Much Backlog CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

awestover89

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Ah, good ol' CAG backlog. Before I found this site I had like 15 Steam games, most of which I have played. My current statistics tell me:

267 Games

87 Games I have played at all

45 Games I have played an hour or more

#6603 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6735 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

Ah, good ol' CAG backlog. Before I found this site I had like 15 Steam games, most of which I have played. My current statistics tell me:

267 Games

87 Games I have played at all

45 Games I have played an hour or more

You're getting there grasshopper, I started 2 years ago.  Soon you'll be a digital hoarder.

I'm at 997 games on Steam (3 more yo)..with 667 not played

#6604 DGMoney   CheapAssIndieGamer CAG in Training   39 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

I say no one post after we've reached the 666th page!

#6605 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4061 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

You're getting there grasshopper, I started 2 years ago. Soon you'll be a digital hoarder.

So, you've played 330 games? Wow :D

#6606 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6735 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

So, you've played 330 games? Wow :D

I know its weird, how many games have had cards so far...we can subtract that

#6607 Momouchi   Drowning in backlog CAGiversary!   2621 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

I know its weird, how many games have had cards so far...we can subtract that

I'd say around 50 games have cards so far. But even 200 something played is impressive. I've got around 300 games and only played 100 or so (not counting cards)

#6608 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23845 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

I don't even wanna look at my backlog.

Nevermind just my Steam backlog - if I include all the games from Retail; Gamersgate, GOG and other digital download services, too - I'd probably be crying!

I ain't got enough time in my lifetime for all of these games! ;)

#6609 awestover89   So Much Backlog CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

awestover89

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

You're getting there grasshopper, I started 2 years ago.  Soon you'll be a digital hoarder.

My husband is already getting upset because he knows the summer sales are coming, if I reached a thousand games... well, I would take out a life insurance policy first.  :twoguns:

I do try and keep my library to only games I think I will play. If I know I won't play a game for sure I tend to keep it either to give to friends/family or to try and sell the keys. My husband got Cities in Motion from one of the bundles I bought, my brother-in-law got a bunch of historical RTS games. Then again, there have been games I got for myself just for trading cards, or because there was the slightest chance I would play it, though I probably never will

#6610 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6167 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Finally, a good price on Virtua Tennis 4. Any other deal on it recently that seemed attractive (at least in theory) was in a bundle with games that I already owned.

Bought.

#6611 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5359 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

New deals:

"Great bonus offer": 20% off coupon. GMG20-KCQVQ-4KU6H

-80%:
Virtua Tennis 4: $14.99 $2.99

-75%:

DiRT 2: $14.99 $3.74
DiRT 3: $24.99 $6.24

DiRT Showdown: $29.99 $7.49

F1 2010: $24.99 $6.24

F1 2011: $29.99 $7.49

F1 Race Stars: $39.99 $9.99
FUEL: $9.99 $2.49

-66%:
Dawn of War Complete Pack: $139.99 $47.59 (Wasn't this $9.99 on Steam during the Christmas sale?)

-60%:
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity: $19.99 $7.99

-33%:
GRID 2: $49.99 $33.49

-??%
Bioshock Pack (BSI+NBA2K13+XCOM:EU+BL2): $59.99

#6612 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23845 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

Looks like I'm in for DIRT3 + Virtual Tennis 4. :D

#6613 awestover89   So Much Backlog CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

awestover89

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Looks like all Codemaster Racing games and the Dawn of War Complete Pack are also on sale

#6614 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Is Fuel any good? Got $2 credit from my last purchase, could use racing game that isnt scifi or crazy.

Pretty much just want to know if online still works and if I can play in windowed mode

#6615 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5626 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

BTW, how's Tiny Tina DLC? Looks like a blast.

I still need to get ALL of the other BL2 DLC.

It's the best DLC for BL2, in my opinion. The story and premise is great and it closes out the main game quite nicely. It's probably the longest yet, and there are new enemies, unique weapons, all new art assets, and awesome cameos from past characters. Some of the missions will make you laugh out loud.

Tiny Tina DLC was done in-house by Gearbox and it shows.

#6616 imac2much   The Angry Baker CAGiversary!   787 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

It's the best DLC for BL2, in my opinion. The story and premise is great and it closes out the main game quite nicely. It's probably the longest yet, and there are new enemies, unique weapons, all new art assets, and awesome cameos from past characters. Some of the missions will make you laugh out loud.

Tiny Tina DLC was done in-house by Gearbox and it shows.

Does that mean the other 3 DLC were not developed in-house by Gearbox?

#6617 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5626 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

Does that mean the other 3 DLC were not developed in-house by Gearbox?

Captain Scarlett and Sir Hammerlock were both done by Triptych Games. Torque was done by The Workshop.

#6618 stonecold259   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   126 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

stonecold259

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Virtua Tennis 4 2.99 Good deal!

#6619 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Great price on Dirt 3!

Is Fuel any good? Got $2 credit from my last purchase, could use racing game that isnt scifi or crazy.

Pretty much just want to know if online still works and if I can play in windowed mode

Copied from my old post:

Okay, so I got sick of not being able to answer inquiries about FUEL... so I spent several hours with it yesterday...  I'm only a few hours in so this is a little provisional, but I doubt more time would change what I have to say.

Fuel is not a bad racing game.  It has a fairly standard arcade physics model.  Racing includes dirt bikes, quads, cars (and possibly more).  There are two bits that are fairly unique to Fuel.  (1) Most races are checkpoint races, but there is no set path you have to stay on, you can take any path you choose.  Which leads to (2) there seems to be three basic types of surfaces you can drive on: asphalt, trail, & wilderness.  Different vehicles are better (faster is seems) on different surfaces, driving through wilderness is definitely speed-penalized.  This means that it's up to you to choose how much to shortcut though wilderness and how much to stay on road/trail.  I like this mechanic.

Open World: Yes it seems to be huge open world (without a much variation in the areas I've been to).  However getting across the open world is slow and uninteresting.  Fortunately you don't have to, races & challenges are all menu accessible (enter and leave a race to shortcut across the map).  There seem to be discoverable stuff like liveries in the open world bit.  I however believe atm that the open world bit is best skipped, if there were vehicles/performance parts I could put up with it.  I now understand why some optional parts of the Refueled mod seem to be cheat-like discoverable unlocks... I'd be tempted... I hate cheating, but if the alternative is sh*t it's on the table.

Technically: Well it's based on some engine I've never seen before.  Technically the graphics are okay, not deplorable, not likeable.  4x MSAA doesn't help with aliasing as much as it should (but it does affect performance), I turned off in-game AA and used SweetFX to add in SMAA to my satisfaction.  I'm running at 1920x1200 on a Phenom II X3 720 BE OC'd at 3.2 GHz and an OC'd GTX 660 (overkill for any 2009 game).  While my framerate is acceptable, it sometime dips to the low 50s without being at 100% CPU or GPU load (I never seem to hit 100% CPU or GPU load in Fuel).

Other tips: You can try any Career race at three difficulty levels: LOL, Seriously?!?, and Putting up a Fight, each level rewards more fuel (currency).  "Challenges" are races in different formats that don't have a difficulty selection but aren't any more challenging... but they reward a nice amount of fuel.. don't pass them up.

TL;DR Decent arcade racer.  Avoid the open world abyss.

Edit: I'd also add that I'm tempted to try some SweetFX filters to spice up the visuals... I'm not generally a fan of such filters.. but it might give Fuel some needed visual pop.

Edit2: SecuROM + GFWL fyi.

#6620 cheapo72   Run, you pigeons! CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

These articles got me interested in Fuel a few years ago.

#6621 spoderman  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

Edit2: SecuROM + GFWL fyi.

That's all I needed to know, pass!

#6622 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23845 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

I can blame Ashes for finally making me download and install FUEL from Steam, after having it all these years.

Though, God knows when the hell I might actually boot the damn thang up...hehe.

#6623 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

I can blame Ashes for finally making me download and install FUEL from Steam, after having it all these years.

Though, God knows when the hell I might actually boot the damn thang up...hehe.

I still envy you for picking it up in the Fuel+Dirt-1+2 pack on steam back when...

#NeverForget

#6624 Davinatorman   CAGiversary? CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Davinatorman

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Alright so I'm definitely picking Grid 1, but help me decide on whether to get Dirt 2 or 3, or neither. Both use GFWL apparently, but I'm wondering if either of them are good enough to warrant a purchase regardless. Is Dirt 3 worth the few extra bones, or should I just get Dirt 2?

#6625 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5359 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

I still envy you for picking it up in the Fuel+Dirt-1+2 pack on steam back when...

#NeverForget

Didn't that also include GRID?

#6626 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Alright so I'm definitely picking Grid 1, but help me decide on whether to get Dirt 2 or 3, or neither. Both use GFWL apparently, but I'm wondering if either of them are good enough to warrant a purchase regardless. Is Dirt 3 worth the few extra bones, or should I just get Dirt 2?

You're probably better off with Dirt 2.  Both are great.  More people like Dirt 2 (more rally, no gymkahana).

GRID + Dirt 2 are a fantastic pair... kept me off the streets and outta jail. ;)

Didn't that also include GRID?

*fuzzy* likely

There was an older pack that also included TOCA 3 (since de-licensed).

#6627 Davinatorman   CAGiversary? CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Davinatorman

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

You're probably better off with Dirt 2.  Both are great.  More people like Dirt 2 (more rally, no gymkahana).

GRID + Dirt 2 are a fantastic pair... kept me off the streets and outta jail. ;)

Thanks for the recommendation, picking up Grid and Dirt 2 now.

#6628 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23845 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

#NeverForget

TOCA Race Driver 3 + GRID was in that Codemasters Steam Racing Pack, too... ;)

#6629 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5626 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'm nowhere near the authority on drivers that asheskitty is, but I bought GRiD and DiRT2 a few years ago and found them to be wonderfully complimentary. They truly are a good pair and that's a solid deal for them. 

#6630 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23845 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

*fuzzy* likely

There was an older pack that also included TOCA 3 (since de-licensed).

So, since I bought DIRT 3 & Virtua Tennis 4 for like around almost $4 after using the last of my GMG credit $ and left-over unused PP $...

...am I gonna be happy w/ DIRT 3, whenever I get to it...? ;)