* * * * - 14 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

#7411 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23672 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

Somewhat tempted by the Dragon Age pack...

If you loved BG2 (party-based strategy-RPG), you really owe it to yourself to play DAO Ultimate.

I had around 105 hours w/ DAO, then around another 30 hours w/ Awakening.

Can't speak on DLC - I ain't touched them, even though I do now have DAO Ultimate (and have had Ultimate for years).

I have DA 1/2 on Xbox, but find myself debating getting it here. Apparently the computer version is the clear best one there is (at least for DA1, not sure about 2), and with mods and the like I'm sure you could make it look at least marginally less poopy on PC. Plus w/the voucher it's only 8 dollars...I feel like I'm gonna wind up talking myself into this before the sale's over. Although I've already played DA1 twice...I should probably just wait. There'll probably be some bundle deal when Inquisition comes out anyway. Mehhh decisions. 

I can't speak for the gameplay on DA series on PC vs. consoles, 1st hand.

DAO - It's widely known in reviews and from players that PC version has additional overhead tac-cam and is more tactical. I loved the tac-cam in DAO.

DA2 - if we talking technically on the graphics side, the PC version supports DX10 and DX11. So, if you're on a DX11 video card that has at least 1024 MB of VRAM, just make sure you get the High-Res Texture pack.

For more info, click below:

http://social.biowar...-6392956-1.html

EDIT:

That Dragon Age pack is the cheapest I've seen it. Amazon had it for that price once, but every time since they've had it for higher. If you want the pack (and you should), buy it now.

Now all we need is a Dragon Age 2: ALL DLC Only Pack ;)

With the way BioWare and EA are - we're dreaming here, I know... :(

#7412 memphiz88   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

memphiz88

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:23 AM

can I use VPN to buy region-locked games on GMG?

#7413 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8338 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

DAO - It's widely known in reviews and from players that PC version has additional overhead tac-cam and is more tactical. I loved the tac-cam in DAO.

This is exactly why I want it. I got Baldur's Gate Enhanced in the Steam Summer sale, and have put around 65 hours into it. It's great. I feel like I would get so much more out of Dragon Age with the overhead cam/ increased tactical component.

#7414 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:36 AM

Picked up the Full Spectrum Warrior Pack for $3! Have been wanting this game on Steam since I loved it on Xbox.

I would play em this weekend, but we're pushing out the latest release of our site at work so I have to work instead T__T

same here i just couldnt resist it either it use to be thq rip thq but yes i only did it cause cheap coop  and wishlist

#7415 unreasonablepenguin   I wish to be furry CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

unreasonablepenguin

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

If you loved BG2 (party-based strategy-RPG), you really owe it to yourself to play DAO Ultimate.

Now all we need is a Dragon Age 2: ALL DLC Only Pack ;)

With the way BioWare and EA are - we're dreaming here, I know... :(

BG2 is still my favourite RPG of all time. You have just convinced me

But the GMG pack doesn't include the DA2 DLCs right?

#7416 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4057 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

How is full spectrum warrior? I see the lower it has been discounted before is about 50%

#7417 swizzy   Secretly Lurking CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

really tempted for dragon age. hmm any good graphics mod for it? I'm not a graphics whore but my god is the game ugly

#7418 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

really wanna buy that telltale bundle. somehow I don't have any of those games. But I'm really worried that if I do, next week will be the Telltale Complete Humble Bundle or something.

#7419 swizzy   Secretly Lurking CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

really wanna buy that telltale bundle. somehow I don't have any of those games. But I'm really worried that if I do, next week will be the Telltale Complete Humble Bundle or something.

LMAO could you imagine? I'd be so upset if that happened to me. I'd seriously probably never purchase another telltale game and always wait for the humble bundle, thats how paranoid I would be if that ever happened to me.

#7420 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2216 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

really tempted for dragon age. hmm any good graphics mod for it? I'm not a graphics whore but my god is the game ugly

http://www.pcgamer.c...ragon-age-mods/

#7421 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4057 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

Ugly? DA graphics are beautiful IMHO

#7422 CrimsonTribe   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

CrimsonTribe

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

I hate to disagree with MysterD, but I loved BG1 and BG2 (and RPG's in general), and I have never been able to really get into DA:O (and it is one of the few games I have ever pre-ordered) and I don't think it's a good idea to buy it with the idea that it is like the earlier tactical RPG's. I hate to say it, but it is more like an MMO (other than having party members and decent control over them). Things like agro and skills really matter, and while you can take tactical control of the battles, I have always found the AI to be pretty poor. If you really want your party members to follow your orders, it takes a lot of micromanagement and setting up of tactics.

This is not to say that I can't understand why some people like it, and I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from buying it if it looks interesting, but I don't think it's fair to compare it to BGII.

#7423 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4057 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

Full spectrum warrior seems to be free: http://www.gamershel...news_61602.html

#7424 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:34 AM

Ugly? DA graphics are beautiful IMHO

They're nice, but a lot of the textures really are quite poor.

#7425 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23672 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

They're nice, but a lot of the textures really are quite poor.

I think they were "decent" for their time - but yeah, nowadays, those DAO graphics are dated.

Also, I wasn't super-fond of the style of those graphics, either. Seemed kind of generic to me, for the most part.

I preferred DA2's DX10/11 graphics quality and actually graphics-style over what DAO had going on.

Though, by far - DAO is just A MUCH BETTER game, hands down

DA2 is good (even despite its laundry list of issues) - but it ain't even nowhere even close to DAO's league, in terms of actual gameplay.

EDIT:

I hate to disagree with MysterD, but I loved BG1 and BG2 (and RPG's in general), and I have never been able to really get into DA:O (and it is one of the few games I have ever pre-ordered) and I don't think it's a good idea to buy it with the idea that it is like the earlier tactical RPG's. I hate to say it, but it is more like an MMO (other than having party members and decent control over them). Things like agro and skills really matter, and while you can take tactical control of the battles, I have always found the AI to be pretty poor. If you really want your party members to follow your orders, it takes a lot of micromanagement and setting up of tactics.

This is not to say that I can't understand why some people like it, and I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from buying it if it looks interesting, but I don't think it's fair to compare it to BGII.

That's how I played DAO - with TONS of micro-mangement w/ lots of combat pauses - only way to play these games, IMHO. Also, I did lots of combat pauses often just to move the camera and put it where the hell I wanted it. Once party-based RPG's got into 3D w/ NWN with unlocked cameras, I got really addicted to just even putting camera in the right place like I was the director of a movie.

Especially w/ DAO - took tons of screenies for it. :D

Spoiler

:D

#7426 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23672 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

DA2 has NEVER gotten an ALL DLC pack nor an Ultimate Ed w/ everything. :(

Same goes for ME2 and ME3. :(

Since BioWare and EA make a TON off gamers buying BioWare Points, especially those points nor DLC's hardly ever go on sale - you might be waiting forever for a DLC Only Pack. Hailey's Comet is more likely to happen than a BioWare Points sale. ;)

#7427 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8338 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

I think they were "decent" for their time - but yeah, nowadays, those DAO graphics are dated.

Also, I wasn't super-fond of the style of those graphics, either. Seemed kind of generic to me, for the most part.

This is one thing about Bioware's modern games I dislike...Mass Effect and DA both really have a "meh" art direction. Not that it looks bad, just not really interesting either.

That's how I played DAO - with TONS of micro-mangement w/ lots of combat pauses - only way to play these games, IMHO. Also, I did lots of combat pauses often just to move the camera and put it where the hell I wanted it. Once party-based RPG's got into 3D w/ NWN with unlocked cameras, I got really addicted to just even putting camera in the right place like I was the director of a movie.

Especially w/ DAO - took tons of screenies for it. :D

Spoiler

:D

Sweet screens...this is all really pushing me toward buying that bundle. Ugh, I just bought the Sam/Max bundle from Amazon, and the Legacy of Kain and Spellforce bundles from GMG yesterday. Plus a month or two ago I bought that D & D bundle from GOG, so I really already have this party based strategy combat queue pretty well filled up...but I feel like it's gonna be hard to find this for 8 bucks again. I need self restraint lessons or something.

#7428 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10351 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

I think that's just a few cents over what the cheapest Binary Domain has been and this includes some DLC.

#7429 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

I think that's just a few cents over what the cheapest Binary Domain has been and this includes some DLC.

*wonders if we'll see a Humble Sega Bundle* :-k

I was going to just pick up the Sega Action Pack on Amazon sometime down the road, but looking over it the only other game I'd possibly play is AvP (don't ask me why, I don't know either). This is really tempting, but then again I'm also still debating Dragon Age, Qube, and Skydrift...too many games are on sale at once :headache:

#7430 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8338 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

I'm just going to repost this here, since a few items have been added and some have changed price.

20% off Voucher: GMG20-8MUTY-M21VN

[customspoiler=Sale Items]
Airline Tycoon 2: Gold Edition 75% off (Steam) - $7.49 ($5.99)[customspoiler=Includes]

• Airline Tycoon 2
  • Airline Tycoon 2: Falcon Airlines DLC
  • Airline Tycoon 2: Honey Airlines DLC

Warning/Side Note: The 20% off voucher doesn't work on everything (unless my computer is screwed up or something). I bought Spellforce pack yesterday and it worked, but it didn't work on Legacy of Kain. I was also interested in the Hitman pack, but only if the voucher worked. It didn't work yesterday, tried again today, still no dice.

Kind of new at this, so I'm not sure how to put in a spoiler, just deleted a lot of the post so it wouldn't take up too much space.

Edited by pasports31, 07 September 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#7431 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10351 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

*wonders if we'll see a Humble Sega Bundle* :-k

I was going to just pick up the Sega Action Pack on Amazon sometime down the road, but looking over it the only other game I'd possibly play is AvP (don't ask me why, I don't know either). This is really tempting, but then again I'm also still debating Dragon Age, Qube, and Skydrift...too many games are on sale at once :headache:

It's OK, I have a secret desire to pick AvP back up, as well (I already own it even though I traded it in on PS3). BD was "OK". I'd probably have liked it better if it wasn't for the over-hype on it here on CAG. Vanquish, IMO, was a much, MUCH better sci-fi TPS in regards to actual gameplay.

Warning/Side Note: The 20% off voucher doesn't work on everything (unless my computer is screwed up or something). I bought Spellforce pack yesterday and it worked, but it didn't work on Legacy of Kain. I was also interested in the Hitman pack, but only if the voucher worked. It didn't work yesterday, tried again today, still no dice.

GMG is like that sometimes. Great sales, but either their advertising is lacking or it's a tech issue. Could be either. Sometimes you can contact them through Twitter/Facebook/support and they'll either answer with it's not supposed to apply or fix the glitch. I'd do it, but I don't care about either of those items myself.  :booty:

#7432 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8338 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

GMG is like that sometimes. Great sales, but either their advertising is lacking or it's a tech issue. Could be either. Sometimes you can contact them through Twitter/Facebook/support and they'll either answer with it's not supposed to apply or fix the glitch. I'd do it, but I don't care about either of those items myself.  :booty:

Thanks...I guess I might give it a shot. Either way, I'm happy w/the Legacy of Kain pricing. It was a dollar or so cheaper than it's ever been on Steam...5 dollars and change for 3 games on my wishlist is kind of hard to complain about.

#7433 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17635 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

20% off coupon code: GMG20-8MUTY-M21VN (works on most packs)

All of the following deals are available until 1600 UTC Friday 13th September.

These ones last for 24 hours:

And some that are 48 hours:
These last 72 hours:

#7434 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

The graphics weren't awful, but the textures were actually horribly behind their time. This is a pretty common BioWare occurrence these days. Have you seen the textures on SWTOR? Very similar.

Granted that's PS2 with 5x native resolution, the textures are fairly untouched. DAO textures aren't only low res (almost comparable to FFXII textures in some cases), they're inarticulate. They frequently look messy, as if they weren't properly, cleanly mapped across the model they're applied to. FFXII's textures are great for the time, and are extremely clean.

DAO isn't the worst looking game, but the textures really, really are quite bad for their time and such a high profile AAA title. BioWare has been slacking on textures for awhile.

#7435 AngryNerdJosh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   564 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

AngryNerdJosh

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

contacted support and LoK pack can't be used with the coupon. this might be old news now

#7436 swizzy   Secretly Lurking CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

UGHH I can't purchase the dragon age bundle. I keep getting:

Oops, we cannot compute!

this is a sign, don't buy the game. >_> I have no idea why I keep getting this error since I purchased from gmg before with the same exact debit card. anyone got any clue why this keeps happening?

#7437 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5618 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

UGHH I can't purchase the dragon age bundle. I keep getting:

Oops, we cannot compute!

this is a sign, don't buy the game. >_> I have no idea why I keep getting this error since I purchased from gmg before with the same exact debit card. anyone got any clue why this keeps happening?

It's a long shot, but I've had trouble off and on with GMG transactions processing. I've never had trouble doing it through a mobile device - go figure. 

#7438 swizzy   Secretly Lurking CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

It's a long shot, but I've had trouble off and on with GMG transactions processing. I've never had trouble doing it through a mobile device - go figure. 

now i just keep getting "oh noo there was an error with your order"

screw gmg, site is more of a hassle than its worth.

#7439 degenerazn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

degenerazn

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

now i just keep getting "oh noo there was an error with your order"

screw gmg, site is more of a hassle than its worth.

Seriously, I'm getting the same thing, with 2 different CCs and paypal.  Does this website want my business or not?

#7440 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5337 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

These supposedly ended ~7 hours before you posted. :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: green man gaming, gmg, pc downloads, pc, greenmangaming