* * * * - 14 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

#10141 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8253 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:28 AM

their strategy seems to have worked for this guy

Do_Nothing.jpg

That picture is woefully outdated. Sure he did nothing before getting it, but after he got it he sure did plenty (see: drone strikes). They really should take it back, even if he only got it in the first place for "not being Bush".

Edit: Sorry, sorry. Regardless of political ideology, you have to admit he didn't deserve it. I remember being at college when they announced it, and people literally booed at the news. Even back then everybody knew it was ridiculous (he was in office, what? Less than a year?) , nevermind the fact that he's done a lot of "not peaceful" stuff since then.

#10142 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgu

#10143 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8253 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:53 AM

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgu

I blame Sunasun. I think we'll be okay though. No comments are flavoured with partisan bias, it's just the idea of any president getting a Peace Prize after less than a year in office is ridiculous considering he hadn't done anything yet or during his time as a Senator, nevermind one that has a hard-on for drone strikes (not to imply any of his former competitors would be any better about it). I'm sure the Nobel committee has some egg on their face now.

#10144 zenii   cynical sam CAGiversary!   1266 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:01 AM

Enough off-topic discussion, can we just get back to talking about shitty games in shitty sales/bundles?

#10145 Motiv  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

F73822.png

Lets_Talk_Videogames_logo.png

...and how bad/awful/decent the deals, sales and bundles have been lately.

Also, Fuck  the nonexistent GMG credits! I think some of us are just doomed to never buy anything from GMG again.

#10146 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

F73822.png

Lets_Talk_Videogames_logo.png

...and how bad/awful/decent the deals, sales and bundles have been lately.

Also, Fuck  the nonexistent GMG credits! I think some of us are just doomed to never buy anything from GMG again.

Not even candy? Jeez, I wouldn't want to be that guy's neighbor.

GMG/Playfire is still fucking you over too? They're still playing dumb when I talk to them, and now they're just plain ignoring me. What's the deal, honestly? It's like if you can't solve your own issue, they ignore you hoping you'll go away. Fucking worst support I have ever experienced.

Granted I haven't dealt with Steam support, but even then I've heard some good experiences with Steam. They're painfully slow, but at least they solve the problem... sometimes.

#10147 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20323 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

http://www.cheapassg...cs-controversy/

That's actually a really good place for that sort of talk.  People go on and on for pages on both sides. 

I blame Sunasun. I think we'll be okay though. No comments are flavoured with partisan bias, it's just the idea of any president getting a Peace Prize after less than a year in office is ridiculous considering he hadn't done anything yet or during his time as a Senator, nevermind one that has a hard-on for drone strikes (not to imply any of his former competitors would be any better about it). I'm sure the Nobel committee has some egg on their face now.

#10148 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5238 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

That's actually a really good place for that sort of talk.  People go on and on for pages on both sides.

There isn't no good place for that kind of talk... But it sure beats this thread.

Anyhow, is there anyone who wants something from GMG but lacks the 10 dollar minimum? I'm thinking of getting something but can't hit the 10 dollar mark myself.

#10149 ghost1914  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

There isn't no good place for that kind of talk... But it sure beats this thread.

Anyhow, is there anyone who wants something from GMG but lacks the 10 dollar minimum? I'm thinking of getting something but can't hit the 10 dollar mark myself.

You offering to buy me a game? Lol

#10150 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8253 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Wow, did not know that place existed on here. I already have a place for such talk, but thank you. Some of the topic titles are pretty funny.

I didn't mean to steer this too much into a political discussion. That Peace Prize thing just really grinded my gears back then and it grinds 'em now, just blowing off a little steam about it.

Yeah, I'll hush up as long as no one posts something similarly infuriating.

I think he's saying he'll split the purchase with you, but you gotta pay your share. There's a good chance you're probably joking, but just in case you're not. :bouncy:

If the Skydrift DLCs were on sale at GMG, I'd take you up on your offer, Inmate. Really surprised Kalypso stopped at just BundleStars and Gamersgate this weekend.

#10151 ghost1914  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

Lol yea I was joking. I am interested though. Looking to buy CivV for 7.50

#10152 dcm1602   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

Ive never purchased from GMG before, but there games arent region locked or anything right?

Like im considering buying Elder Scrolls Online, and wanna make sure i wont get stuck on a european server or something 

#10153 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3198 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Ive never purchased from GMG before, but there games arent region locked or anything right?

Like im considering buying Elder Scrolls Online, and wanna make sure i wont get stuck on a european server or something

I think you should reconsider, but as long as you can access the storefront, the game key you get will be for your region.

#10154 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4593 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

Spent my $8.12 Playfire rewards on Bioshock, Minerva's Den and Darkness II.

Only cost less than $2 real money.

Playfire will surely not last forever. How can GMG keep giving out virtually free games like this?

#10155 dcm1602   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

I think you should reconsider, but as long as you can access the storefront, the game key you get will be for your region.

ESO sucks?

Havent heard anything about it, havent really done any research on it either. Was mostly going to be an impulse buy since Diablo 3s expansion blows

#10156 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8363 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Spent my $8.12 Playfire rewards and on Bioshock, Minerva's Den and Darkness II.

Only cost less than $2 real money.

Playfire will surely not last forever. How can GMG keep giving out virtually free games like this?

most people probably dont own 95% of the games in the promotion like cags do, and boot up said games specifically to get the rewards

#10157 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4593 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

most people probably dont own 95% of the games in the promotion like cags do, and boot up said games specifically to get the rewards

Well I hope it carries on forever. This is freaking awesome. It's forcing me to play and finish games in my backlog and then gives me cheap/free games to backlog until they have rewards.

#10158 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23739 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

ESO sucks?

Havent heard anything about it, havent really done any research on it either. Was mostly going to be an impulse buy since Diablo 3s expansion blows

Ummm - you didn't get into any of the recent ESO Betas, did you?

No NDA's when I played - so, I'll speak on it.

If the Beta is any indication from the 10 hours or so that I spent with it, ESO is mediocrity AT BEST. ESO isn't sure if it wants to be a SP game or a MMO - as it tries to do both, but it fails at being good in either category. While ESO's performance was not good in the Beta and the game having bugs are kind of expected for a Beta and can be overlooked a bit b/c it was in Beta - it's the boring questing; not-so-great voice-acting (sounded phoned-in, to me); and writing so "meh" that this even makes Bethesda look like Gods at writing dialogue + prose that ALL really turned me off w/ this game.

I hope the game and its first 10 hours got overhauled since the Beta, which I played a few weeks back. But to me - things didn't feel promising.

God knows how old that ESO Beta build was...

But If it's in a similar state of the Beta - this thing looks like it's ready for B2P or F2P.

#10159 Thermopyle  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

Laf. I bought Minerva's Den on GMG. Didn't have enough credit for BS2, figured I'd just grab it some other time since it's always going on sale. Steam won't let me activate it. I had no idea that restriction was in place. Seems pretty arbitrary.

#10160 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23739 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

Laf. I bought Minerva's Den on GMG. Didn't have enough credit for BS2, figured I'd just grab it some other time since it's always going on sale. Steam won't let me activate it. I had no idea that restriction was in place. Seems pretty arbitrary.

On Steam, you must have the BASE-GAME activated on your account BEFORE you activate any DLC's and EXPANSIONS.

#10161 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4593 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

On Steam, you must have the BASE-GAME activated on your account BEFORE you activate any DLC's and EXPANSIONS.

He's RIGHT about THAT. It just makes SENSE when you THINK about IT.

#10162 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23739 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

Glad to have everyone on the SAME page.

#10163 Thermopyle  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

He's right, but it doesn't make sense. Maybe a few years ago, but DLC is a big enough thing now, and it goes on sale separately enough from the base games that it doesn't make sense to restrict people from activating DLC codes for a game they don't have yet. Keep them from installing/playing it, sure, but buying/activating it? There's no upside to that restriction.

#10164 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4202 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

He's right, but it doesn't make sense. Maybe a few years ago, but DLC is a big enough thing now, and it goes on sale separately enough from the base games that it doesn't make sense to restrict people from activating DLC codes for a game they don't have yet. Keep them from installing/playing it, sure, but buying/activating it? There's no upside to that restriction.

It means you have to buy the game. Maybe now that you have the dlc that you can't activate, you'll buy the game quicker than you would normally. Maybe even before it hits its next big sale.

That's why they do it that way.

#10165 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23739 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

You'll be glad you didn't activate DLC first, if somehow you say get your hands on a Bioshock 2: Complete Edition key.

(Does that even exist now?)

That way, you can do something w/ your un-activated key - give it away, trade it, whatever.

Most games on Steam, if you activate say a bundle-key that contains also something you've already activated - you don't get an extra key.

It goes to WASTE. ;(

Very rarely, does Steam give you extra copies from activations:

https://support.stea...=4502-TPJL-2656

#10166 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4593 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

OK, maybe it'll MAKE more SENSE IF I make different WORDS CAPITALIZED this time?

HE's right ABOUT that. It JUST makes sense WHEN you think ABOUT it.

#10167 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5238 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

No.  Bobby had it right.  Just looking to group buy.

Yeah, I'll hush up as long as no one posts something similarly infuriating.

Not, sure if its possible... but you might want to see if you can put yourself on your own ignore list then. ;) :-P

#10168 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4635 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

That picture is woefully outdated. Sure he did nothing before getting it, but after he got it he sure did plenty (see: drone strikes). They really should take it back, even if he only got it in the first place for "not being Bush".

Edit: Sorry, sorry. Regardless of political ideology, you have to admit he didn't deserve it. I remember being at college when they announced it, and people literally booed at the news. Even back then everybody knew it was ridiculous (he was in office, what? Less than a year?) , nevermind the fact that he's done a lot of "not peaceful" stuff since then.

9148130.jpg

#10169 Thermopyle  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:39 AM

A guy on another messageboard said he had ~$5.50 in credit and it expired. I don't recall ever seeing deadline information on Playfire--anybody else know anything about it?

#10170 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8253 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

Not, sure if its possible... but you might want to see if you can put yourself on your own ignore list then. ;) :-P

What can I say? I'm vying for Fox's title of "Insufferable Asshole". (It's on his profile and everything. :bouncy:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: green man gaming, gmg, pc downloads, pc, greenmangaming