NEW XBOX and ps2 games for $5-10 at Ebgames.com!

I didn't think this topic went through since the site was down when I posted it.

There are 96 copies of Breakdown left.

22 Metal Dungeouns left.

It is always the case that the games I trade for (Breakdown for example) drop at EB . . . the ones I can't get (Psi Ops for example) don't.

At least not until I give up something good to get it :)

Definitely get Breakdown!

What the? When I added Breakdown to my cart it nows says $14.99. Great...... just great. I am officially back on the fence with this game.

Is Metal Dungeon really THAT bad? I always look at it, and I know the reviews aren't great, but I am actually a fan of dungeon crawlers. Has anyone played this and has something possitive to say?

[quote name='ECW_fan']If you have not pick up Breakdown and you are an Xbox owner, something must be wrong with you. It's a must have.[/QUOTE]

I am an Xbox owner and I "have not pick up" Breakdown. I tried Breakdown, I did not like Breakdown, Breakdown is in no way a "must have".

I can see how the game may hold appeal to certain gamers, however it is not one of such mass appeal that it would qualify as a "must have".

And a friend of mine got Metal Dungeon.. it really is as bad as its made out to be.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']I am an Xbox owner and I "have not pick up" Breakdown. I tried Breakdown, I did not like Breakdown, Breakdown is in no way a "must have".

I can see how the game may hold appeal to certain gamers, however it is not one of such mass appeal that it would qualify as a "must have".

And a friend of mine got Metal Dungeon.. it really is as bad as its made out to be.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on Breakdown. It's not that good and is not a "must have".

Ive never played MD so I can't speak for that one.

Thanks OP! I'm such a sucker for $4.99 games...even ones I don't want. I'm a teacher and the E-rated ones make for awesome classroom incentives!

1 NFL Fever 2003 - Pre-Played $1.99 $1.99
1 NHL Hitz 20-03 $4.99 $4.99
1 Alias $4.99 $4.99
1 Madden NFL 2004 $4.99 $4.99
1 NBA Live 2004 $4.99 $4.99
1 Breakdown $4.99 $4.99
1 ESPN NBA Basketball $4.99 $4.99

Total Discount -$0.50
Subtotal $31.43
S & H FREE
Sales Tax $2.48
Total $33.91

Looking for another Alias (sorry Shrike.. Hastings employee took it in a 3 for 1! Have most everything else there..

You guys should really give Van Helsing a try. It's the poor man's Devil May Cry, but it's fun. Easily worth $10.

[quote name='Scorch']Looking for another Alias (sorry Shrike.. Hastings employee took it in a 3 for 1! Have most everything else there..

You guys should really give Van Helsing a try. It's the poor man's Devil May Cry, but it's fun. Easily worth $10.[/QUOTE]

I snatched up a copy when EB had it for $10. I'm covered there. Surprised that Hitman Contracts has hit $9.99 by this point, since it was only released mid last year.

[quote name='maccabee72']Thanks OP! I'm such a sucker for $4.99 games...even ones I don't want. I'm a teacher and the E-rated ones make for awesome classroom incentives!

1 NFL Fever 2003 - Pre-Played $1.99 $1.99
1 NHL Hitz 20-03 $4.99 $4.99
1 Alias $4.99 $4.99
1 Madden NFL 2004 $4.99 $4.99
1 NBA Live 2004 $4.99 $4.99
1 Breakdown $4.99 $4.99
1 ESPN NBA Basketball $4.99 $4.99

Total Discount -$0.50
Subtotal $31.43
S & H FREE
Sales Tax $2.48
Total $33.91[/QUOTE]

I wish I had your class.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I wish I had your class.[/QUOTE]

well, they earn points for different things each day, and they can spend them in a classroom store about 4 times a year. Nearly half the kids in my class have an xbox, and a $5.00 item is a reasonable expense for me being that only a handful will have enough points to purchase them. I try to pick up GCN and PS2 games when I can during the $4.99 sales to cover those kids too. They think they are getting a high priced item. Little do they know that it's a cheapass purchase. As always, special thanks to CAG!

[quote name='maccabee72']well, they earn points for different things each day, and they can spend them in a classroom store about 4 times a year. Nearly half the kids in my class have an xbox, and a $5.00 item is a reasonable expense for me being that only a handful will have enough points to purchase them. I try to pick up GCN and PS2 games when I can during the $4.99 sales to cover those kids too. They think they are getting a high priced item. Little do they know that it's a cheapass purchase. As always, special thanks to CAG![/QUOTE]

That is a sweet incentive to get kids to do the right thing. And you are paying for it out of your own pocket. Thumbs up to you. We need more teachers like you.

[quote name='maccabee72']well, they earn points for different things each day, and they can spend them in a classroom store about 4 times a year. Nearly half the kids in my class have an xbox, and a $5.00 item is a reasonable expense for me being that only a handful will have enough points to purchase them. I try to pick up GCN and PS2 games when I can during the $4.99 sales to cover those kids too. They think they are getting a high priced item. Little do they know that it's a cheapass purchase. As always, special thanks to CAG![/QUOTE]

I used to have something like this a very long time ago in school.

:applause: :applause: :applause: to you doing this to motivate your kids. We sure as heck need more teachers like you.

[quote name='tmei03']is metal dungeon for $5? thanks OP[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. This topic was originally about Breakdown and Metal Dungeoun being $10 new and I updated it with all these links.

Hey, thanks for the compliments stryffe and strike. I am in my 7th year of teaching 3rd grade now, and I have found that reward works much better than punishment. Incentives are a big part of my class, and I find better incentives=more motivation. I guess that's just human nature, but with all the external factors teachers are dealing with these days, we need to use any tools we can.

PS- yes, it does come out of my own pocket, but in the long run it is well worth it!

[quote name='maccabee72']Hey, thanks for the compliments stryffe and strike. I am in my 7th year of teaching 3rd grade now, and I have found that reward works much better than punishment. Incentives are a big part of my class, and I find better incentives=more motivation. I guess that's just human nature, but with all the external factors teachers are dealing with these days, we need to use any tools we can.

PS- yes, it does come out of my own pocket, but in the long run it is well worth it![/QUOTE]

At the very least, I hope you're deducting it for tax purposes. By the way, w00t Lake Jackson; I'm originally from Pearland. Not exactly next door, but I've always had a certain kinship with the cities south of Houston.

[quote name='nwaugh']At the very least, I hope you're deducting it for tax purposes. By the way, w00t Lake Jackson; I'm originally from Pearland. Not exactly next door, but I've always had a certain kinship with the cities south of Houston.[/QUOTE]

I take the standard teacher deduction each year....I think it's between $250-$500. I'm actually from NY, and am still trying to figure out how I found my way down here. I do all my cheapass shopping up in Pearland. That area has really grown since I moved down here.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']So, has anyone happened to see if Echo Night Beyond is actually $9.99 in-store as well?[/QUOTE]

It is. I was going to buy one a couple of days ago but it wasn't 'new' enough for me. I think Astro Boy is now $9.99 instore as well. I seen a Preowned copy for $7.99.

Wish they'd drop the PO'ed prices at the same time as the new price. I would pick up Van Helsing and Unreal II if they were each PO'ed for $8 BC. $10 each makes it a head scratcher :)

bread's done
Back