Redirecting to Xbox.com logon

glennfrank

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Hi, often when I am checking out the forums here I get re-directed to xbox.com logon page and I have no idea why.
It seems to happen pretty randomly and on 3 different computers (home, work, GFs).
I cannot figure out what could be doing it.
I pretty much have to hit the stop button every time I go to the next page in a thread to stop it from loading the xbox.com site.

Any one have any ideas or suggestions?

I've been seeing it for a while as well - I'm pretty sure it is from bad code in individual users signatures.

Hoping there is a way to get it fixed system-wise.

That's what I figured as well -so I actually went into my options and unchecked show signatures in "Visual Post Elements", but for some reason it still does it.

At least I know I am not the only one - thanks srr

This is now only happening on my main computer at home.
Not on my work comp, not on my laptop, not on my GFs comp.
It is driving me crazy. Can anyone help?

Could it be somebody's gamertag (under the avatar) that's causing an issue if it's a fake/bad gamertag? Pay attention to the pay that it happens on and see whose gamertag could be causing it, which you can report so that the mods can look into it and/or put them on your ignore list.

I can also confirm this error, although I haven't experienced it myself in some time. No idea what may have been/is still causing it for some.

I finally got rid of this problem by completely wiping my cache, all cookies (not just CAG and Xbox.com) as well as all my passwords in Firefox. I don't know if I really needed to do it all, or maybe it was an odd old cookie or whatever, I am just glad it's gone.

[quote name='glennfrank']I finally got rid of this problem by completely wiping my cache, all cookies (not just CAG and Xbox.com) as well as all my passwords in Firefox. I don't know if I really needed to do it all, or maybe it was an odd old cookie or whatever, I am just glad it's gone.[/QUOTE]

I thought mine was fixed too... until about a week ago. HAVE FUN!

bread's done
Back