Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story $14.96 + FS @ Walmart (online w/store pickup)

j-fever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great price... now if only I could find Partner's in Time for a good price so I can actually play the series... bought Inside Story last year, I think, for a good deal, just bought Super Star Saga, now waiting for Partner's in Time and I will be a very happy gamer :D

This is an awesome price. M&L games tend to quietly go out of print and become hard to find / expensive to buy online, so pick up while you can.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Is this game turn based or real time?[/QUOTE]

Turn based with classic Mario RPG style interaction.
Finished through this one a few months ago and had a lot of fun with it.
I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that enjoys a good mario style rpg.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']That's a great price... now if only I could find Partner's in Time for a good price so I can actually play the series... bought Inside Story last year, I think, for a good deal, just bought Super Star Saga, now waiting for Partner's in Time and I will be a very happy gamer :D[/QUOTE]

ToysRUs still sells it new in store. $34.99 I believe.

[quote name='ev1lg00dguy']Turn based with classic Mario RPG style interaction.
Finished through this one a few months ago and had a lot of fun with it.
I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that enjoys a good mario style rpg.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks. You just saved me $15. I can't stand turn based.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']ToysRUs still sells it new in store. $34.99 I believe.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, they do, I didn't realize that... at least then if I'm paying full price I know it is brand new, in good shape and not a fake copy :D Now, to just get to Toy's R Us to snag a copy!

Thanks for the info!!!

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Oh wow, they do, I didn't realize that... at least then if I'm paying full price I know it is brand new, in good shape and not a fake copy :D Now, to just get to Toy's R Us to snag a copy!

Thanks for the info!!![/QUOTE]

They're also still selling new copies of Princess Peach. They're the exclusive retailer for reprints from Nintendo of those 2 games.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']They're also still selling new copies of Princess Peach. They're the exclusive retailer for reprints from Nintendo of those 2 games.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea... I bought Princess Peach a while back, but didn't realize they had the exclusive rights... very cool! They show online they also have Mario Hoops 3-ON-3... I really need to make a trip to Toy's R Us now... wish the one by me hadn't closed, would make things much eaiser ;)

Nice one, OP. I caved and bought this used for too much then traded it back in since I wasn't getting around to it soon. For this price it can sit for a few months until I'm ready.

It says to pay for it on Walmart.com and that store prices may differ from online. Does that mean they charge you the $35 when you go to pick it up? Believe it or not, I don't have any Walmarts near me so it is kind of a long drive and I sure as hell don't want to drive there only to find out it is really going to be $35.

to think i was just going to go pick this up with new super mario bros, and pokemon white @ bestbuy tomorrow for the buy 2 get one and end up paying 23.33 a piece... i guess i will have to find another $35 game to buy with it, thanks!

This is one of those games I regret not finishing. New job has plenty of downtime and I hope it will offer an opportunity to finally do so.

Do a quick google to assure yourself but if you know what this game is about and are interested.... buy!

[quote name='io']It says to pay for it on Walmart.com and that store prices may differ from online. Does that mean they charge you the $35 when you go to pick it up? Believe it or not, I don't have any Walmarts near me so it is kind of a long drive and I sure as hell don't want to drive there only to find out it is really going to be $35.[/QUOTE]

No io, it's just that 14.96 is the price online/when you pick it up from the online order; if you just walked into a store to buy it, the price could totally vary and would probably be $35.

wow, fastest ship to store i've ever been part off. Placed my order about an hour ago, and just received the mail telling me to pick it up tomorrow.

How would you say this compares to Partners in Time? I got about 1/2 through in PiT but I just found that it really wasn't holding my attention. The two mario RPGs that I have played (PiT and Legend of the Seven Stars, still haven't played Superstar Saga), I found to be kinda basic in gameplay and the story, since it is your standard fare, didn't help matters. Is Inside Story pretty much more of the same?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']No io, it's just that 14.96 is the price online/when you pick it up from the online order; if you just walked into a store to buy it, the price could totally vary and would probably be $35.[/QUOTE]

OK, I was just worried because in their "store pickup" pop-up FAQ they mention that in-store prices may not be the same as online. So that had me a little nervous. It seems strange they'd let you get store stock much cheaper just by putting in an order online, but I'll take it ;).

[quote name='marineal']wow, fastest ship to store i've ever been part off. Placed my order about an hour ago, and just received the mail telling me to pick it up tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

It is not ship-to-store, that's why. They simply pulled it from the stock in the store. I did an actual ship-to-store at Walmart for some flatware a few months back and it took over two weeks!

It shows unavailble for ship to home.

But, I was just able to order for in store pick up.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']No io, it's just that 14.96 is the price online/when you pick it up from the online order; if you just walked into a store to buy it, the price could totally vary and would probably be $35.[/QUOTE]

It's $35 in store. I just went there to pick one up and it was $35. Title needs to be fixed. It's misleading.

[quote name='DarkRider23']It's $35 in store. I just went there to pick one up and it was $35. Title needs to be fixed. It's misleading.[/QUOTE]

I just changed it to "online w/store pickup" as I think that is the only way to get it at that price now. I think it was available for shipping when the OP first posted, but that went OOS very quickly.

[quote name='rperez1025']How would you say this compares to Partners in Time? I got about 1/2 through in PiT but I just found that it really wasn't holding my attention. The two mario RPGs that I have played (PiT and Legend of the Seven Stars, still haven't played Superstar Saga), I found to be kinda basic in gameplay and the story, since it is your standard fare, didn't help matters. Is Inside Story pretty much more of the same?[/QUOTE]

If you didn't like PiT, you wouldn't like this either (or Superstar Saga). They're all very similar.

I liked Superstar Saga and PiT, and I've had problems getting motivated to play this (have put maybe 3 hours into it since getting it in a similar deal a few months back). Guess my tastes have just changed, combined with just hating gaming on the DS vs. my big HDTV these days.

I just picked up my copy and I have to admit I was surprised that there weren't any issues. My local Wal-Mart has a bad reputation of being completely clueless about these things.

I'm guessing that this in-store pickup from the website is a relatively new thing for Wal-Mart. I always thought it was dumb that you had to wait so long for ship to store when the store already has the item in stock. I'm glad they do this now.

Thank you, Id been curious about this game and 15 for it sounds pretty good. Im going to order me one.

Is this game worth it? Might be a dumb question but to have it shipped to me....better not be beaten in a week and never touched again -.-

Loved Superstar Saga. Probably, my favorite GBA game. Never made it through PiT. One of these days I will, and then maybe I'll check this one out.

bread's done
Back