- - - - -

God of War Origins Collection - $29.99 shipped at Newegg with Promo Code

#31 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

Very cool. I'm still hoping for another good Black Friday deal like last year when I got the first GoW :ps3: collection for $10.

Dont see $10 happening that close to release;
GoW collection released Nov 2009 & was $10 last BF. Hopefully BB has another $15 off @gamer coupon like they did for tomb raider trilogy or kmart comes thru with a $20 sale.

#32 MrFortyFive   45 Enthusiast CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

MrFortyFive

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

Newegg knows how to bankrupt me lately. In for one. Thanks OP.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known"
- Carl Sagan

#33 fujimitsu   I came to drink milk CAGiversary!   1096 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

fujimitsu

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

Not a bad price, but I'll pass.

$20 has been my bite price on the previous HD collections and I've never had trouble finding them at that. Hopefully this continues with SOTC and GOW.

#34 hwmusic   Bloodrocuted CAGiversary!   604 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

So if i've never played any God of War, should I play these 2 first?
Wait now, what did they say
about the human body and proportions of things?
Blood is an energy conductor.
I am full of that all I need is an outlet.
----Dethklok

#35 RiPPn  

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

Not sure where the psp games story lines fall in with the original 3, would be curious to know as well, though I've already played through the first 2 and currently playing the 3rd.

#36 LBJC   Lvl99; CAG+100 CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:13 PM

There are no trophies for the PSP HD collections.

This is not a PSP HD collection that you think. This is a remastered PS3 collection. So it includes 3D and trophies and supposedly better graphics.

PSP remastered series at the moment is a Japan only thing where they are just porting psp games with slight improved graphics and can transfer your save files to and from psp to ps3. No trophies at all.

#37 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21041 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:30 PM

The chronological order is this according to Wikipedia:
Chains of Olympus
God of War
Ghost of Sparta
Betrayal (this is a cell phone game)
God of War II
God of War III

You don't have to play the games in order, each game has its own story and can stand on its own.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Xenoblade X (2nd try) - :-k 

:pc: The Witcher - :) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#38 Dezuria   Loading, please wait... CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:24 AM

I wish these HD collections were 1080p. These are pretty low-poly games, I don't see why they can't bump up the resolution.

#39 z3razerviper  

z3razerviper

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:26 AM

You should play them all!!!! :) I personally played in the order they were released.

#40 gamereck   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   43 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

gamereck

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:44 AM

Deus Ex, batman, BF3, god of war, Gears 3 . Newegg had me cancel all my Gamestop preorders.

#41 Serpentor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5048 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

The chronological order is this according to Wikipedia:
Chains of Olympus
God of War
Ghost of Sparta
Betrayal (this is a cell phone game)
God of War II
God of War III

You don't have to play the games in order, each game has its own story and can stand on its own.

The only I didn't play is Betrayal, I don't even know what that is. Yes, the Origin collection has trophies (I know fellow CAGs already confirmed this, thank you all).

This will bring the # of platinum trophies on par with Prince of Persia, SWEET! I got my pre-order confirmation :)

#42 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   2948 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:16 PM

Tried to order today but said the coupon wouldn't work for some reason. This may be dead.

#43 kryptonic   Man, Myth and Legend CAGiversary!   1764 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

I can also confirm that the code will not work.

#44 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   11376 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

Man I was going to stack that newegg new customer 10 dollar coupon with this but it was to late :(
Currently playing
:ps4: cod black ops 3, uncharted collection, star wars battlefront, the order 1886, batman arkham knight, assassins creed unity,blacklight retribution, the transistor

ADD ME ON PSN NOW !!!!! :D

690739.png