de Blob 2 $15.99 w/FS at Newegg

Very nice deal. Had this in my cart used for the goHastings deal. New copy for $15.99 is perfect.

NAIL'D is also back at 7.99 for those interested.

this game is a trophy hunters nightmare. i got 90% through the game, perfect on all levels, and i only got like 10% of the trophies. you need to 100% the game and only then will you get about 15 trophies after you complete it. it's all or nothing on this one ;)

De Blob 2 is one of the best looking titles in 3D if you have the TV to do it. I was amazed at the depth of field this title shows.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Oh, many of the levels have a time limit, that drops my interest considerably.[/QUOTE]

Couple of points about the "dreaded time limits" that I hear people moaning about:
1) once you complete a level's required objectives, the time limit disappears and you're free to roam the stage and complete / collect all the side-mission stuff; in other words: the time limit is only temporary.
2) keeping in mind what I said in my first point, if you stick to the required objectives (aka. save the the obsessive-compulsive stuff for afterwards), then the time limit is rarely--if ever--an issue until the final level or so.
3) Even in the final levels, as long as you keep moving through the required objectives, the time limit is practically negligible.

deBlob 2 is a freakin' fantastic game, and is of a nature that we rarely see these days: it's bright, colorful, funny, runs great (best on PS3), awesome w/ the Move, loaded with great platforming, and the main character never so much as even picks up a firearm. Also, it scratches the "platforming collect-a-thon" itch that many of us "adult" gamers remember the N64 so fondly for.

I spent $30 on the game, and got so many hours of fun out of it that I feel guilty for not paying more. Don't let the limited perception of the Interwebs stop you from missing out on a game that I know every gamer would love. $15.99 is a steal for such a terrific piece of software, so do your part and buy it, and maybe the world will be lucky enough to be graced with a 3rd entry.

Grabbed one on a whim as I thought the first was kind of fun. Sad thing is main selling point for me was the 3d. Just updated a very old tv to a 65" panasonic and it's hard to find good xbox 3d games. Just got back into gaming since my kids have gotten old enough and am finally financially stable enough to afford my gaming side.

Anyone recommend any other 3d games for 360? While I know the 3d is a gimmick for most games, I'm still in the stage of trying to see how it is on the tv and excited for te possibilities.

Might end up just biting the bullet and grabbing a PS3 when they get a good sale. Been wanting to play the uncharted series anyway, but being 3 years out of gaming means I already have a massive backlog of great games to catch up on that are cheap. U3 looks awesome though.

I enjoyed the original on the Wii and kind of wanted to buy the sequel for the Wii also. (I guess to show some kind of support that they released it there first? I don't know...)

But I had previously heard how great it looks and runs for the PS3 so...

Thanks OP!

Thanks for the heads up. I first ordered it on the 360 since I had previously rented it and really liked it in my one-day rental. But looking at the side-by-side comparison ( which was first linked to on the previous page), I decided that I would cancel that order and forgo my day's worth of progress to get the PS3 instead. The 3D sold me -- I am really enjoying my few PS3 3D games.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Oh, many of the levels have a time limit, that drops my interest considerably.[/QUOTE]

Time limits were never a concern and disappear after you finish the main part of the level.

[quote name='AwRy108']Couple of points about the "dreaded time limits" that I hear people moaning about:
1) once you complete a level's required objectives, the time limit disappears and you're free to roam the stage and complete / collect all the side-mission stuff; in other words: the time limit is only temporary.
2) keeping in mind what I said in my first point, if you stick to the required objectives (aka. save the the obsessive-compulsive stuff for afterwards), then the time limit is rarely--if ever--an issue until the final level or so.
3) Even in the final levels, as long as you keep moving through the required objectives, the time limit is practically negligible.

deBlob 2 is a freakin' fantastic game, and is of a nature that we rarely see these days: it's bright, colorful, funny, runs great (best on PS3), awesome w/ the Move, loaded with great platforming, and the main character never so much as even picks up a firearm. Also, it scratches the "platforming collect-a-thon" itch that many of us "adult" gamers remember the N64 so fondly for.

I spent $30 on the game, and got so many hours of fun out of it that I feel guilty for not paying more. Don't let the limited perception of the Interwebs stop you from missing out on a game that I know every gamer would love. $15.99 is a steal for such a terrific piece of software, so do your part and buy it, and maybe the world will be lucky enough to be graced with a 3rd entry.[/QUOTE]
You've convinced me, reviews made it appear that you only had so long to complete everything in the timed levels which would interfere with exploration. It's that kind of paradoxical mechanic which turned me off of the Dead Rising series.

[quote name='guardian_owl']You've convinced me, reviews made it appear that you only had so long to complete everything in the timed levels which would interfere with exploration. It's that kind of paradoxical mechanic which turned me off of the Dead Rising series.[/QUOTE]

Same reason I hated the DR series, too; but deBlob 2 definitely doesn't fall prey to the same issues.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Anyone recommend any other 3d games for 360? While I know the 3d is a gimmick for most games, I'm still in the stage of trying to see how it is on the tv and excited for te possibilities.[/QUOTE]

It's obvious that the PS3 has much more 3D titles than the 360. The only other game I've played on the 360 in 3D is Crysis 2. The 3D in that game doesn't compare to the 3D of De Blob 2. In Crysis, the 3D is used more for "environmental accuracy" and doesn't really add much to the game (heck, even at times I forgot I was even playing it in 3D). 3D for De Blob 2 changes the game (immersion and enjoyment) , at least as far as my opinion goes. It's really night and day between 2D and 3D on this title.

Crap, zavvi.com had it for $14.26 shipped (8.85 pounds) for the region-free PAL version, so I bought that just 2 days ago! Now I have to wait forever to get it in the mail.

This is an awesome game!

[quote name='hellboypi']I enjoyed the original on the Wii and kind of wanted to buy the sequel for the Wii also. (I guess to show some kind of support that they released it there first? I don't know...)

But I had previously heard how great it looks and runs for the PS3 so...
[/QUOTE]

having the same wii/ps3 dilemma: how playable is this if i only have a std controller and not the 'move' system? will it still be in 3D w/my 80GB console, or is that a TV thing? thx.

[quote name='ivana89']having the same wii/ps3 dilemma: how playable is this if i only have a std controller and not the 'move' system? will it still be in 3D w/my 80GB console, or is that a TV thing? thx.[/QUOTE]

You need a 3d tv, 3d glasses, 3d game and a playsation that can accept the updated firmware patch that included 3d compatability (which is almost any that are not banned from online).

In for PS3 copy. Thanks OP. I was interested at launch but was waiting for sub $20. This is a great price & another 3D title to play on my 55" 3D Samsung.

eh..For those on the fence, I wouldn't buy it. After about an hour of play, it really feels like this game is geared towards kids/casual gamers. If you like easy games and colors, go for it.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']eh..For those on the fence, I wouldn't buy it. After about an hour of play, it really feels like this game is geared towards kids/casual gamers. If you like easy games and colors, go for it.[/QUOTE]

The game is not terribly difficult, no. But it is enjoyable and well made.

Also, if you want a challenge, turn off the HUD locator. Trying to complete all the challenges (like finding all the billboards and trees) without it should challenge even the most hardcore platforming completist.

If you liked the first one, this is a no-brainer.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']eh..For those on the fence, I wouldn't buy it. After about an hour of play, it really feels like this game is geared towards kids/casual gamers. If you like easy games and colors, go for it.[/QUOTE]

It definitely has a "casual" feel to it; but not the type of "casual" we've come to associate with crappy iOS and Wii titles--it's the type of "casual" that's fun, relaxing, and yet also rewarding. To sum it up: if you have a soul, you'll enjoy this game.

bread's done
Back