Anime sale on select titles @ DeepDiscount (Up to 73% off) & DVDPlanet

WTK

CAGiversary!
Note: Price fluctuation may occur with any of the sale listings!

dvd-AnimeDest-hero.jpg

Deep is your anime destination! Up to 73% off @ DeepDiscount.com

Sale Ends 8/26 Noon CST

Some of the sales highlights:

DP-animeSaleBanner-550x200.jpg

Our Best Anime Sale Ever @ DVDPlanet.com | One-time use [FONT=Verdana, Arial]$5 off $50 coupon[/FONT]: [FONT=Verdana, Arial]couponcabin[/FONT]

Sale Ends August 1st

Some of the sale highlights:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Jeebus, I can only hope that Amazon price matches because I seriously don't want to deal with deepdiscount.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, deepdiscount is horrid.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Jeebus, I can only hope that Amazon price matches because I seriously don't want to deal with deepdiscount.[/QUOTE]Same here.

Nice prices on a few of those items that I might want. I'd prefer an Amazon price match to DD, of course.

I ordered Angel Beats from DD since it was that $35 price but then Right Stuf shipped my pre-order out. I tried canceling with DD but they sent me an automated response saying that the order was processing. Five days later, it still hadn't shipped so I sent an e-mail to customer service requesting another cancellation. It wasn't until then did my order finally get canceled. Sadly, DD was awesome back in 2003-2007 from what I remember. I used to pre-order DVDs and would get them a day before they hit the street, which was unheard of, especially since I live in Hawaii where everything takes longer to arrive, but lately they've nothing more than a shell of their former self.

Whoa, those are some really damn good deals. I haven't seem some of that stuff that cheap ever.

I ordered some stuff from Deep Discount last year, and I didn't have any problems. Two of my items, True Tears and Witch Hunter Robin, were damaged, and Deep Discount replaced them without a hassle. So I wouldn't be averse to ordering from them again, especially with these prices. Although, I just spent a bunch of money on other stuff. Dammit.

missed the strangers of sword from buy.com last time but bought escaflowne.....yet DD appear $32....may consider to buy Gundam 00 BD for $17...the cheapest.....

DVDPlanet has a mirror sale to DeepDiscount as well (with additional titles). Info and some of the deals added to the first post (some releases are cheaper at DVDPlanet).

The complete Eureka Seven tv series for $41... I remember paying like $15 per DVD at BB b&m as they were being released.

Some great prices here. My last anime purchase with them went well (slow, but no problems).

Picked up K-ON! 1 at DD w/ free expedited shipping and no tax through Google checkout.

That's a great price for Cowboy Bebop, which I've been eyeing for a long time now on amazon (much more expensive). But I'm hesitant to deal with Deep Discount after all these negative posts about them. Here's hoping amazon PM's.

Well, Witch Hunter Robin was sold-out from the start or soon after this deal hit. Can't get from either place now. Was the only one that caught my eye. Bummer :(

There are some really good deals in there. I might have to snag a few even though I'm making sure I have the funds for all of the Gears of War 3 crap I've pre-ordered. Why the hell is Degrassi season 1 and 2 mixed in with the Anime?

I'm shocked. I ordered Destiny of the Shrine Maidens last week, and I already got it in the mail. Been a long time since I received something that quickly from DeepDiscount

[quote name='killa5k7']How the heck is chance pop session...I looked at it forever ago...[/QUOTE]

I haven't watched it in years, but I remember enjoying it. The caveat here is that you'd have to at least tolerate, if not actually like, the music that's presented here. Anyone interested in this show should be warned that you're going to hear a lot songs over and again since it's based on the formation of a musical group.

I remember it having a predictable, but still very sweet story. I can definitely say that the cover art that is displayed is entirely misleading as it's got little to no fanservice in it.

use code WERHERE5 for $5 off at DD. Good until tomorrow @ noon CST.
Coupon can be used more than once. Picked up K-ON! 2 for $9.99 and Sword of the Stranger for $14.99.
FYI, Akira blu-ray steelbook is currently in stock at DD. I personally didn't want to gamble with the thought of damage steelbooks from DD though.

[quote name='btt']use code WERHERE5 for $5 off at DD. Good until tomorrow @ noon CST.
Coupon can be used more than once. Picked up K-ON! 2 for $9.99 and Sword of the Stranger for $14.99.
FYI, Akira blu-ray steelbook is currently in stock at DD. I personally didn't want to gamble with the thought of damage steelbooks from DD though.[/QUOTE]

Picked up Best Student Council with the code but encountered this error when trying to use it again:

The promo code "WERHERE5" is not valid for this purchase because it was applied to a previous order.

[quote name='ssjmichael']it's one use per account[/QUOTE]

I misunderstood btt when it was stated that it could be used more than once. Guess I was mindlessly going through the list thinking how many items I should buy than think it was a general use code (even when it looked like one). Thanks for the heads up though, WTK and btt.

Ugh, they increased their prices on all the stuff I wanted -- Hayate and Gundam 00. Well, I'm not buying them now. Hopefully they'll change them back to the original sale prices before the sale ends.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']I wish I could find the original tenchi collection on dvd, I hate that last dvd that just came out ending the series.[/QUOTE]

The original ova seems to be out of print short of a straggler in the form of

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/wlq5rp9YZmajkW3NP9/browse/item/61396/4/0/0

As for the just came out are you talking about Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki, which finishes off the OVA series ? That's been out awhile unless something was just released and I haven't heard about it.

[quote name='sdragon']This...[/QUOTE]

They are definitely hit or miss. I've had orders from them go back ordered for months and then refunded. I've also had orders from them go back ordered and then ship after 2 months. Overall, I would give them a thumbs up to buy, but make sure you use a credit card just in case you have to charge back.

I ordered something on the 26th, and it arrived monday. First time I ordered from them in a long time and I was pleased enough with the turnaround. DD has had some pretty dark days, but hopefully they can get back to their old selves again

Yesterday I ordered K-On! volume 1 on blu ray and Kannagi Crazy Shrine Maidens for $32.65 shipped, since I had a $5 off $25 coupon leftover from my last order. I just got an email this morning saying they shipped, so that's a pleasant surprise. Plus I got another $5 off $25 code, so maybe I'll need to look for something more to buy...

I received all my anime titles from DD in less than a week. Very happy with the service this time around!

Wow. Some of the prices shot up like crazy. Even though it's nowhere near Aug. 26th. If they go back down again I'll consider putting in a purchase.

LOL, does Deep or DVDPlanet base their prices off of the other? Because all 5 of the items I bought from Deep were exactly $.15 less than DVDPlanet's prices.

bread's done
Back