Lollipop Chainsaw

Buuhan1

CAGiversary!
When it was announced a few months back by Grasshopper Manufacture (killer7, No More Heroes, Shadows of the DAMNED) I was already in due to it being a Grasshopper game, but then the name cemented it even further. Lollipop Chainsaw will follow high-school student & cheerleader Juliet who is from a long line of zombie killers. How convenient for her that her school is now invaded by the flesh-eaters, and that she has her chainsaw at the ready.

Woah, here I thought the game had just entered production, but... massive screenshot flood incoming.

fM737cORMWkryyidrsz6nM49VH4O5zZ4.jpg

zCWPQeysM1I45Eh2422XH37219p62UzR.jpg

Ir9Rc2XU35IRoyv463uBZ7CeqDRP3v73.jpg

RMtJC87qaT781O8JvXq5J18QPzpMp7a9.jpg

IX4Xrv79M1O3g6Q9HZpG554xT63Sz5no.jpg

BTO43wmT4EgqrOA63tR95I41T5648EBY.jpg

RFFJN1SR1BKG55AWB791b3TVXU752W8W.jpg

LYSr35l4SZCjtOy8cBKDziyKojwBpft8.jpg

qKdDgNIn1svtWk8rf1x19z9kD4P9p6v8.jpg

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Suda claims it's about 70% done. Either way I want it.[/QUOTE]

OH SNAP! I was expecting to have to wait years for this! So 2012, most likely? Is Suda directly involved in the game (I hope so)? *checks his twitter*

so whats up with the male head keychain. was that her bf that was killed by zombies or what?

for whatever reason (and this is going by absolutely nothing) i feel like this is going to play exactly like bayonetta.

[quote name='8bitArtist']so whats up with the male head keychain. was that her bf that was killed by zombies or what?

for whatever reason (and this is going by absolutely nothing) i feel like this is going to play exactly like bayonetta.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, probably her boyfriend that is kept alive by some means. Also, I doubt this will play anything like Bayonetta. Bayonetta is quick, smooth, and relies on combos. This looks like it'll play similar to No More Heroes. Just cause the lead is a female and is flexible does not mean she'll be Bayonetta.

[quote name='8bitArtist']so whats up with the male head keychain. was that her bf that was killed by zombies or what?

for whatever reason (and this is going by absolutely nothing) i feel like this is going to play exactly like bayonetta.[/QUOTE]

Fast games are more Platinum games thing this will probably play like a cross between NMH and Dead Rising/ RE5

[quote name='bjstucker']Fast games are more Platinum games thing this will probably play like a cross between NMH and Dead Rising/ RE5[/QUOTE]
That is exactly what I want. A cross between NMH with a fuckload of zombies like Dead Rising.

[quote name='Amblix']Needs 4 players co-op, otherwise it isn't a real zombie game.[/QUOTE]
Or, could it be the realest zombie game ever?

Why would you expect it to?

Tho interestingly enough, it's apparently not gonna be an overtly gory game and that actually chopping through zombies will produce pink mist and sparkles. That sounds an awful lot like the Japanese version of No More Heroes, but it sounds like they intend this to be for every version this time.

[quote name='Javery']Looks... interesting....[/QUOTE]

That's about all I can say... it seems like Grasshoppers games just keep getting weirder. And I think the zombie game market is beyond saturated at this point. Couldn't we kill something new? Like dinosaurs?

[quote name='Vinny']That's about all I can say... it seems like Grasshoppers games just keep getting weirder. And I think the zombie game market is beyond saturated at this point. Couldn't we kill something new? Like dinosaurs?[/QUOTE]

every enemy is played out in video games. if it isnt zombies, its aliens, robots, demons, nazis or whatever. point being, who cares what youre fighting as long as its fun.

[quote name='dgwillia006']This game needs Zombie Dinosaurs. Then it will be the best game evar[/QUOTE]
And tits.
Zombie Dinosaurs with tits.
Because everything is better with boobs, human or not. ;)

[quote name='Oaxan']And tits.
Zombie Dinosaurs with tits.
Because everything is better with boobs, human or not. ;)[/QUOTE]

whoa there what would you friend Jessica say?

Seems like this thread died before the game even came out.

I bought this game a week ago and had a blast playing it, eventually i got the platinum trophy for it. The game is pretty easy, even on hard. I did get stuck on the zombie baseball game in stage 2. Had to replay that at least 10 times to beat it when i first got to it. But once I learned how to beat it I was able to pass it without dying, which was needed to beat that stage in the ranking mode. The camera can be a little annoying at times but nothing major.

Overall i think the game was pretty cool. But levels felt too long IMO. Most of them take 30-40 minutes to beat. I think it would have been better if they at least had checkpoints you could start the game at, instead of having to start at the very beginning of each stage. I also didnt like how you couldnt buy things like outfits, records, photos in the menus. You could only access the store by going through a stage and finding one which takes 5-10 minutes.

Zed was probably my favorite boss character in the game. I liked how they gave you a lot of clothing options to unlock in the game, instead of making most of them DLC like some games do these days. So yeah it was a pretty fun game, and its only 20 bucks now, so if you never got this game i would recommend it.

bread's done
Back