Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Preorders Now Available

Kaiser499

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
umvc3-main-logo.png

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has been announced and includes 12 new characters with updates,balance tweaks,etc

The new characters are

Marvel:

Ghost Rider
Dr Strange
Nova
Rocket Raccoon
Hawkeye
Iron Fist

Capcom:

Strider Hiryu
Firebrand
Vergil
Frank West
Phoenix Wright
Nemesis

Alternate costumes are available for pre-order from various retailers.
http://$$$$$$$$/pic0o5
Amazon New Age of Heroes Pack

PS3 Version

360 Version

po-hero.png

http://www.gamestop.com/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/92630
Gamestop w/ Female Fatale Pack

PS3 Version

360 Version

po-femme.png

Bestbuy w/ Villain Pack

PS3 & 360 Versions

po-villain.png

Gotta say, I'm pretty dissapointed with the new 12 characters. Was hoping for Mega Man and Apocalypse at least. I'll be passing on this for now. Here's hoping more "star" characters for Marvel and Capcom get released as DLC

[quote name='pdornwvu']Gotta say, I'm pretty dissapointed with the new 12 characters. Was hoping for Mega Man and Apocalypse at least. I'll be passing on this for now. Here's hoping more "star" characters for Marvel and Capcom get released as DLC[/QUOTE]

Haven't you heard? They're done with Mega Man, forever. NO MEGA MAN FOR YOU!

If I hadn't gotten the SE for $35 thanks to Amazon's DR2 debacle I would be pissed about this announcement. As is I think I might just snag the 360 version when it drops to less than $20 so I can have MVC3 on both platforms.

[quote name='Mixer236']Haven't you heard? They're done with Mega Man, forever. NO MEGA MAN FOR YOU![/QUOTE]

Honestly, No. I heard that they cancelled Mega Man's latest game, Mega Man Universe. But nowhere did I hear they were done with Mega Man FOREVER

[quote name='pdornwvu']Honestly, No. I heard that they cancelled Mega Man's latest game, Mega Man Universe. But nowhere did I hear they were done with Mega Man FOREVER[/QUOTE]

They just cancelled Mega Man Legends 3 a couple days ago too. I love the franchise but with Inafune gone I think it may be better to let the Blue Bomber rest in peace.

No one gives a fuck if its not a deal. Honestly, some people need to get over themselves about posting stuff that may/may not belong in the deals section. IS IT REALLY THAT BIG A DEAL? Why not do something constructive with yourself instead of bitching about it being in the deals section?

Damn bestbuy has Stars Wesker!
I don't really like buying from bestbuy, I wonder if these costumes will be available on the marketplace.

Damn ... where is Venom ... or Carnage maybe ... or uh ... any cool Spider-man villain?

How bout the Lizard ... nice tie in to the new movie? But no ... not this time Capcom

[quote name='etcrane']Damn ... where is Venom ... or Carnage maybe ... or uh ... any cool Spider-man villain?

How bout the Lizard ... nice tie in to the new movie? But no ... not this time Capcom[/QUOTE]

Don't worry there's always a chance for $5 a character DLC.

Yeah, I am pissed with Capcom releasing an Ultimate version of this game. *shrugs* What are you going to do though, they aren't the same Capcom we used to love especially with them killing off Megaman.

[quote name='pdornwvu']No one gives a fuck if its not a deal. Honestly, some people need to get over themselves about posting stuff that may/may not belong in the deals section. IS IT REALLY THAT BIG A DEAL? Why not do something constructive with yourself instead of bitching about it being in the deals section?[/QUOTE]

This is MSRP, not a deal. :lol:

Meh, ill wait for the Hyper Ultra Turbo 2nd Edition in 2 years.

Crappy new roster anyway, along with all the features the first should have had

tempting... but i decided when it came out that i was gonna wait for the Super Ultra Ultimate Hyper Turbo Fighting Arcade Edition, should be out around December just in time for Christmas.

[quote name='cRodz']Crapcom does it again!

Do you fans enjoy being shafted?[/QUOTE]

No, I skipped out on MvC3 because of the disappointing roster.

I've skipped out on SF4 because there was always that lingering rumor of another version coming out soon. That and the fact I hate the art design on the characters. They all look so disproportional and muscular.

I've gave up on other Capcom game because there is always another version that contains the DLC ex. RE5.

I don't know who in Capcom is/are making all the decision but they seriously got to get their shit together.

I'll be getting it because I have the SE still sealed. I actually want to play the game, but I don't want to open the SE.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']No, I skipped out on MvC3 because of the disappointing roster.

I've skipped out on SF4 because there was always that lingering rumor of another version coming out soon. That and the fact I hate the art design on the characters. They all look so disproportional and muscular.

I've gave up on other Capcom game because there is always another version that contains the DLC ex. RE5.

I don't know who in Capcom is/are making all the decision but they seriously got to get their shit together.[/QUOTE]

They don't really have any incentive to "get their shit together" when these rehashes have been selling well.

Funny, I got it for $30 and sold it for $30. No loss so I didn't mind it. That's the best part of getting a used game ;D

[quote name='pdornwvu']No one gives a fuck if its not a deal. Honestly, some people need to get over themselves about posting stuff that may/may not belong in the deals section. IS IT REALLY THAT BIG A DEAL? Why not do something constructive with yourself instead of bitching about it being in the deals section?[/QUOTE]

I give a fuck if isn't a deal. If I come into the video game deals section, I expect to find deals. I don't want to bother dealing with msrp threads.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']No, I skipped out on MvC3 because of the disappointing roster.

I don't know who in Capcom is/are making all the decision but they seriously got to get their shit together.[/QUOTE]

Yeh same with me
i am not sure if i will ever buy a Capcom game with new editions coming out months after the original release.

To think i was going to buy MvC3 because some CAG brought the argument "hurr MvC2 never had Gold/Super/Ultimate edition before! stop trolling MvC is not SF!"
Well joke's on him..whoever he was.

Capcom is officially shit in my book

[quote name='gotdott']They don't really have any incentive to "get their shit together" when these rehashes have been selling well.[/QUOTE]

yes and people eat their shit because this is the company that developed that popular guy with a blue suit

say what you will about capcom "no ky" biz approach when it comes to raping the wallets of their loyal fan base,but that cover is AWESOME

Why not just post information like this in the relevant forum? Being exciting about a release != a deal.
Someone should lock or move this and the various other MSRP crap cluttering the DEALS board.

Kinda pissed that this won't be available as a DLC add-on, a la Arcade Edition. I'm not getting rid of my MvC3 SE.

[quote name='onikage']Why not just post information like this in the relevant forum? Being exciting about a release != a deal.
Someone should lock or move this and the various other MSRP crap cluttering the DEALS board.[/QUOTE]

If railfan got a thread I think this is fine

Dear Capcom,

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Sincerely,

Your loyal fans that have a distaste for your shenanigans.

On the serious: Capcom should hook up people who purchased the SE.

My SE copy was free so no biggie for me.

Speaking as someone who thinks the 3 fighters from Capcom this generation are pretty much average to trash, I don't get the whole ''they are screwing us' mentality.

When you play these games against great players, the lower points of the game are exposed. What is wrong with another installment that fixes these problems and makes it a better experience? No one is going to get it right the first time and if Capcom didn't 'milk' (or whatever) SF2: World Warrior, they would never improved from feedback enough to make something truely great like Hyper Fighter or Super Turbo. You can apply this to Street Fighter 3 & 4 as well. SSF4 AE is where it is now because of feedback and tweaking that makes it a far superior game to vanilla SF4.

Wow what a kick in the nuts to everyone that bought this for $60 or $70 at launch. Capcom has become just as bad or even worse than Activision.

Instead of fan favorites like Mega Man, Cyclops, Cable, Gambit, etc... You get Phoenix Wright, Frank West, and fuckin Rocket raccon? Im sorry but who is Rocket Raccon? the only good characters are styder, vergil ( Dante rip-off ) , maybe Nova. Hell I would of love to see Doc Oct but no. Screw the fans says Capcom. This well be less than $20 either from store sale or bad retail sales before the year ends.

hell i haven't even gotten to finishing the first one yet. O well gotta get to that :D Sure I hate it when Capcom does this, but I still love em :D

[quote name='Darklurkr23']hell i haven't even gotten to finishing the first one yet. O well gotta get to that :D Sure I hate it when Capcom does this, but I still love em :D[/QUOTE]

Really gotta hate it when MvC3 wasn't even finished to begin with(no spectator etc). I won't be buying it thats for sure.

I do like some of the characters they added though.

Lol the fans really had to request it?

• ENHANCED MODES: After many fan requests, Spectator mode is now available as part of an overall improved online experience along with other new modes and enhancements.

Capcom is just re-hashing games, they're setting the trend for other big companies like activision just re-releasing similar things every so often.

On another note, don't like how all this "pre-order" is going in different directions because now there are over 3+ retailers offering something different so if you want them all you're going to have to pay more $.

I love people bitching about UMvC3. Shit son, back in the day, I bought SF2, SF2 CE/Turbo was in arcades.

SF2 Turbo hits SNES, I buy it, SSF2 is in arcades.

I buy SSF2 SNES, SSFT2 is in arcades.

All that shit was $60 a pop. So I don't want to hear anyone bitching that it's $40 for 12 new characters and 8 stages plus tweaks when we used to pay $60 for 4 playable characters and different colored stages plus tweaks.

So, if you don't want the new shit or feel like they are raping you, then don't buy it. Speak with your wallet. Maybe they'll listen. I will be playing this shit with friends and having a blast though, especially if the netcode is improved.

And anyone that bitches better not be buying Call of Duty and its $15 for 5 maps map packs or Madden every year either. Don't be a hypocrite.

Also Megaman Legends 3 would've sucked like the first 2. Deal with it.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']

And anyone that bitches better not be buying Call of Duty and its $15 for 5 maps map packs or Madden every year either. Don't be a hypocrite.

[/QUOTE]

lol
you are as bad as "them" on my book.

Deal with that.

bread's done
Back