Official CAG Terraria Thread

option.iv

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Announcements: Please post or pm any problems, questions, or suggestions about this thread. Feedback is appreciated.
 ​
(Under construction)

Logo.png

Welcome to the Official CAG Terraria thread.

Feel free to discuss anything Terraria related.

---

Sign up/Member Information: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...VXZKkdDd6ZlVLb285anVhNHNFT2NHS3NhZ1E&hl=en_US

How to sign up

1) Click on appropriate fighting game logo.
2) Fill out the spreadsheet as much as desired/possible.

​
maintained by option.iv

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='option.iv']Great game Brevity and co. (I left the money in a chest)[/QUOTE]
I feel like some awesome alien race just visited our planet from the future and instantly advanced our technology a million years. We had a blast. Thanks!

Well, I'm going to build a fairly large building whenever 1.0.6 comes out. I was wondering if I could trade either weapons, money, or services for stone blocks and/or obsidian.

edit: Also, anyone keen to the idea of a dedicated server whenever 1.0.6 comes out (which is supposed to be sometime next month).

edit2: thanks for the help in the dungeon Brev

I am sure Wicked and I can contribute. So wish this game would have cloud saves and would be on Mac and iPad. I see the dedicated server software on their site. I will look into that.

So came up with a great idea with a friend.

Lazer tag. Basically make an enclosed arena with short walls and at least two levels. Play at night with light sabers and space guns. It's actually pretty fun considering you can't find the other people until they fire their gun, use their saber or use rocket boots.

[quote name='option.iv']I can probably host it, it's just who and how many would be interested in partaking in the dedicated server.[/QUOTE]

Never tried the multi-player..so if you were after a head count, count me in :cool:

[quote name='option.iv']So came up with a great idea with a friend.

Lazer tag. Basically make an enclosed arena with short walls and at least two levels. Play at night with light sabers and space guns. It's actually pretty fun considering you can't find the other people until they fire their gun, use their saber or use rocket boots.[/QUOTE]

great idea but i need a gun. how do you make a light saber

I can supply a few guns and lightsabers if needed. For the saber I believe it's just 20 meteorite bars and 10 of your preferred colored gem (i.e. amethyst, diamond, etc.).

I was really hoping that 1.0.6 would have had new bosses and bioms. Love the new house items but the lighting thing sucks now.

I started playing 1.1 (with brand new characters and world) with a friend yesterday. So far everything has been pretty good. Slow going, but good. Tons of new stuff since I last played, which was like right after release, so this is basically an entirely new experience.

Is anyone still playing this?

I picked this game up over the holiday for $3 bucks. I recently started to fiddle around with it on my laptop and I can't stop playing. For some reason this game grabbed me more than Minecraft.

I've been playing this on and off for awhile. Really great game. I'm looking forward to the next update. Any news on that?

Most people have probably heard the news, but Terraria will no longer be developed (aka the game is "complete").

I've been following the news on a project one member of the team (Tiyuri) started on, it looks sort of like a more fleshed out Terraria, will have multiple worlds, interactive NPCs, etc. It's called Starbound. However, it's stated that it will be quite a different type of game than Terraria.

Check this out: http://www.indiegamemag.com/starbound-to-be-limitless-first-huge-details-arrive/

[quote name='WindyCityGamer']Most people have probably heard the news, but Terraria will no longer be developed (aka the game is "complete").

I've been following the news on a project one member of the team (Tiyuri) started on, it looks sort of like a more fleshed out Terraria, will have multiple worlds, interactive NPCs, etc. It's called Starbound. However, it's stated that it will be quite a different type of game than Terraria.

Check this out: http://www.indiegamemag.com/starbound-to-be-limitless-first-huge-details-arrive/[/QUOTE]

I've been playing this on 360, and in looking up stuff online I thought I'd pass along that there's at least one more update that's supposed to come out on PC. Although there hasn't been an official announcemt Red has hinted at it.

Also, Starbound looks great, I'll definitely keep an eye on it!

[quote name='keithp']I've been playing this on 360, and in looking up stuff online I thought I'd pass along that there's at least one more update that's supposed to come out on PC. Although there hasn't been an official announcemt Red has hinted at it.

Also, Starbound looks great, I'll definitely keep an eye on it![/QUOTE]

I believe you're referring to the rumor of the PC getting a patch to include the extras that the console ports got.

Regardless, once Starbound comes out... I won't be touching Terraria ever again. Beta should be coming in the semi-near future too, which you get into by pre-ordering. Should probably just receive its own thread at this point.

EDIT: I was wrong. Looks like they are releasing a new patch filled with content beyond that of the console additions. There is a small image of some of the things here:

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/its-been-a-while-since-i-posted-a-spoiler.97577/

Ok, time to reboot this thread. With the update supposedly coming out October 1st. I would be extremely interested in playing again.

Also I could stream gameplay if anyone so desires.

Please post in the thread if anyone out there still would be interested in a CAG server/night.

Just a reminder that the patch should be available tomorrow.

edit: Patch came out Midnight EST. Play a couple hours, it's pretty awesome.

Having heaps of fun playing Terraria again. I'd been slightly disappointed with how little the console versions added, so this update was a very pleasant surprise for me.

Made a fresh character and I'm stoked with how much new stuff I'm finding. I just accidentally happened upon a sand tomb and found a pharaoh suit and sandstorm in a bottle, which is pretty neat. Can't wait to see what else has been added.

bread's done
Back