Best HDTV for gaming under $500?

finesthours

CAGiversary!
Or is there maybe a more appropriate and active forum for this question? Tried AVS but they don't seem too active and there are more questions than answers.

Other than the best image and performance for gaming and monitor use for under $500, don't care much about other features, although I prefer 1080p and the more HDMI ports the better.

Much thanks in advance.

i got a sony bravia 32" from walmart for 339.99, but i think it was on sale when i did. normal price i think is around 400.

edit:sorry i dont think this tv is 1080p though

Plasma all the way. Their refresh rates (well, sub-refresh rates) and contrast ratios are the best in the market. They need more maintenance (like color-washing the screen, avoiding static images) and they tend to be cheaper than LCD's.

[quote name='bigsick']i got a sony bravia 32" from walmart for 339.99, but i think it was on sale when i did. normal price i think is around 400.

edit:sorry i dont think this tv is 1080p though[/QUOTE]

If it's the bx320, it does. Manual says it won't but when you plug in hdmi, you get 1080p option.

[quote name='fezlopez']Plasma all the way. Their refresh rates (well, sub-refresh rates) and contrast ratios are the best in the market. They need more maintenance (like color-washing the screen, avoiding static images) and they tend to be cheaper than LCD's.[/QUOTE]

what about image retention. not good.

Yeah, I was thinking of getting a small 720p television just to hook up my older consoles/non-HD consoles like PS2/Xbox/Wii through component cable. I got a heavy CRT flat screen that has S-video and composite for the retro consoles.

Probably should just invest in a VGA to component cable type adapter, so I can hook it up to my HD montior.

bread's done
Back