FIFA 12 preorder with $20 giftCard from Walmart

For a heads up,
amazon will probably offer FIFA 12 for 30 dollars in BF.
Last year, 11 was 30 dollars.

Although, i would definitely bite if Amazon offers a 20 dollar credit even though that did not happen last year for some reason.. -.-

[quote name='cRodz']For a heads up,
amazon will probably offer FIFA 12 for 30 dollars in BF.
Last year, 11 was 30 dollars.

Although, i would definitely bite if Amazon offers a 20 dollar credit even though that did not happen last year for some reason.. -.-[/QUOTE]

Im thinking I may just hold off til BF to pick up FIFA and NBA 2K12 because I will probably be able to get both for the price of 1. But if Amazon does offer 20 dollar credit it would be hard to pass up

FIFA 11 is trading for almost 25 on Amazon. Locked in a trade and once I get credit will probably preorder 12. Since I will probably be using credit to pay for it, and getting 20 back, 20 to upgrade from 11 to 12 is definitely worth it

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']FIFA 11 is trading for almost 25 on Amazon. Locked in a trade and once I get credit will probably preorder 12. Since I will probably be using credit to pay for it, and getting 20 back, 20 to upgrade from 11 to 12 is definitely worth it[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I am going to do...Gonna hold on to 11 for a few weeks though. Hoping the value wont tank too much.

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Exactly what I am going to do...Gonna hold on to 11 for a few weeks though. Hoping the value wont tank too much.[/QUOTE]

Its only this high right now because of the women's world cup probably. Every other 11 title is around 10-12 bucks....

Lock and load

[quote name='sgaldis']Best Buy needs to step up and match some of these preorder/GC offers on the big fall titles.[/QUOTE]

But but...if you buy 5 games, spending over $300 plus tax then around december you will get a 100 dollar gift card.

LOL, personally, id rather not have to commit all of my big gaming purchases to one store this holiday season. I know for a FACT I will save more/get more than 100 in bonuses by buying games from Amazon on sale etc

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Its only this high right now because of the women's world cup probably. Every other 11 title is around 10-12 bucks....

Lock and load[/QUOTE]

Either that or that dont have many copies in there inventory. I picked up FIFA 11 not too long ago at GameStop for 22 bucks. Had to go to 2 different stores just to find a pre-owned copy. Game is definitley getting more popular in the states.

[quote name='sgaldis']Best Buy needs to step up and match some of these preorder/GC offers on the big fall titles.[/QUOTE]I've got a current thread that has all the current offer for most of the main b&m + online retailers to make it easier to keep track. BB usually doesn't let you know about the larger gc offers till closer to release. On the last page of the link there's some of the last 2-3 yrs offers with $20-$30 credit for fall releases.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300097

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']But but...if you buy 5 games, spending over $300 plus tax then around december you will get a 100 dollar gift card.

LOL, personally, id rather not have to commit all of my big gaming purchases to one store this holiday season. I know for a FACT I will save more/get more than 100 in bonuses by buying games from Amazon on sale etc[/QUOTE]it's not a $100 gc it's $100 credit big difference. The gc would be instant after the 5 game instead of 35 days later. Even with the changes in RZ you still get more than $100 RZ credit plus the $10 pre-order/instant gc's. The reason the BB deal really works is b/c you could end up paying $100 credit for all 5 games. I don't see any retailer matching or beating $20 credit per game.

[quote name='fezlopez']How is Fifa 12 different from Fifa 11? Besides rosters,of course.[/QUOTE]

Theyre supposed to have revolutionized the defensive side of the game in 12. Players will no longer over commit to challenges etc. They made the style of play more realistic in terms of tactics. (if peter crouch is playing more crosses into the box will occur etc). They also made Arsenal the best team in the game. (Well maybe not that last one...but I can dream ;))

man i give up with FIFA. a new one comes every year.

ill just wait for one good stable soccer sim. like winning eleven 9. man that shit lasted me almost 2 years. it was for the PS2, but i had action replay so if i wanted to update the roster, i would just download them from the internet and transfer them to the game. what the hell is new with this fifa anyway besides the roster??

EDIT: nvm mentioned above.. sounds lame.. but GUNNERS FOREVER. though i kinda think that the team was better with thierry henry around :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Theyre supposed to have revolutionized the defensive side of the game in 12. Players will no longer over commit to challenges etc. They made the style of play more realistic in terms of tactics. (if peter crouch is playing more crosses into the box will occur etc). They also made Arsenal the best team in the game. (Well maybe not that last one...but I can dream ;))[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info. I miss Rud Van Nistelroy on Manchester, good ol' days....

The gameplay changes every time. Even FIFA 11 handles very differently than World Cup 2010, which came out like 6 months before.

They seem to be saying they spent a lot of time on the physics/collision engine this time around. I really hope they've made collisions with the keeper (whether on the ground or in-air) more realistic.

I logged an embarassing number of hours on FIFA 11 (especially Ultimate Team), so this is slam-dunk day one purchase for me. Just ordered up. Thanks OP, and thanks to Amazon for matching.

Edit: Also, i keep seeing a September 30th release date for this. Is this *really* releasing on a Friday? Or is this just a place-holder date that everyone seems to be using?

For some reason, I always thought it was the 27th, but I guess I was wrong. Either way, I hope they change the PKS, I hate the WC2010 and the FIFA11 pks.

Thanks for the heads up on the amazon preorder. I've been waiting to see if amazon would do a credit deal, and I'm glad they are. I'll be using my $20 credit from madden to put towards this for sure.

bread's done
Back