BestBuy $100 RZ offer:Head 2 Head vs 8 retailers(AMZ, kmart etc)

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This thread will allow everyone to fullly gauge the "value" of the BestBuy 5 for $100 RZ head to head with other retailers. That way CAG's can make the "right" decision for YOUR wallet. How much credit you have at store A, shipping cost, gas etc. isn't taken into account b/c most CAG's DON'T CARE unless it effects them & since there's no way to figure everyone's situation out it has been ignored sorry.

Likewise, price matching WILL BE discussed because this will help CAG's to "max" out the BB deal. If your BB doesn't allow you to pm I don't know what to tell you I can only go by what policy states YMMV. But the price difference is too great to ignore and just like there's CAG's who can't/have trouble getting them there's a large portion who have/are getting them so again YMMV.

I tried to make sure every store/retailer of note was accounted for but if I missed one please let me know. Links are provide to all of them for quick access. I only focused on the games that BB has offered NOT the entire fall release lineup. BB has added titles and if they continue so will I.

The current way to fully "max" the deal with an end result of 5 games for $100 credit plus tax.
1-Buy the 5 games from BB using $300 credit
2-Price match each game to $40
3-That's 5 games for $200 credit & their giving you $100 credit back $200-$100= $100 for 5 games day 1.
4-This is on top of the reg. RZ points, gamers club points, 2X RZ points, RZ silver 25% bonus points, $10 pre-order bonuses & $10-$20 instant giftcards. Also, if your buying the LE/CE/SE you won't get any extra incentives for spending the extra money but you WILL get extra points.
You have 30 days from purchase to pm & 45 days if you RZ silver. Try to buy the game on the Sat. after it releases if at all possilble that way you have the longest possible chance to pm.

I COMPLETELY forgot about the BB 10% off coupons & instant giftcard coupons
1-the 10% off ones come monthly so games are $54, they cover up to 3 games & can be used more than once(no unique barcode) just reprint/copy them.
2-Instant gc ones give you $5 for spending $50 or $10 for $100 although not monthly 1-2 makes a difference also just like in #1 no unique barcode.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296183

The official BestBuy FAQ's page also has most of the deal details & terms
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Re...Pre-Ordering-and-Purchasing-Games/td-p/288588

Pre-order & purchase 5 games from the list recieve $100 in RZ credit 35 days after final purchase
GoW3 & COD MW3 LE X360 consoles ARE eligible as are ALL versions of the titles(LE, CE, SE)

The current Bestbuy forums thread-most of the questions that weren't available when the program was announced have been asked here
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/New-100-RZ-Gamers-Club-Promo/td-p/287432

BestBuy
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electronics/Video-Games/abcat0700000.c?id=abcat0700000

$100 in RZ credit which breaks down to $20 per game, this is on top of the reg. RZ points, gamers club points, instant giftcard offers $10 pre-order bonuses & 2X RZ points.(No longer will there be $10 RZ credit for spending $150 on gaming EXCEPT if you order NCAA 2012, Madden 2012 & Resistance 3.

1-(11/15)Assassin's Creed:Revelations
2-(10/18)Batman Arkham City
3-(10/25)Battlefield 3
4-(11/08)Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
5-(11/11)Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
6-(9/27)FIFA 12
7-(10/11)Forza 4
8-(9/20)Gears of War 3
9-(10/11)Just Dance 3
10-(12/31)Legend of Zelda:Skyward sword $10 Pre-order credit
11-(8/30)Madden 2012
12-(7/12)NCAA 2012 already released during B2G1 deal PM watch is on
13-(10/4)Rage
14-(9/6)Resistance 3 buy it get 50% off selected Sony titles
15-(11/15)Saint's Row the third
16-(11/1)Uncharted 3

TARGET
http://www.target.com/Video-Games/b/ref=nav_t_15_34?ie=UTF8&node=1042122

Really no way to gauge Target till you see the weekly ad

1-Assassin's Creed:Revelations
2-Batman Arkham City
3-Battlefield 3
4-Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
5-Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
6-FIFA 12
7-Forza 4
8-Gears of War 3
9-Just Dance 3
10-Legend of Zelda:Skyward sword
11-Madden 2012 buy 2 bags of doritos get a $10 Giftcard
12-NCAA 2012 $47
13-Rage
14-Resistance 3
15-Saint's Row the third
16-Uncharted 3

Gamestop
http://www.gamestop.com/
MSRP as usual but trade in deals/credit along with price drops will probably be the main things

2-Batman Arkham City
3-Battlefield 3
6-FIFA 12
7-Forza 4
8-Gears of War 3
9-Just Dance 3
11-Madden 2012
12-NCAA 2012
13-Rage
14-Resistance 3
15-Saint's Row the third
16-Uncharted 3

WALMART
http://www.walmart.com/cp/video-games/2636

Best Deals currently

2-Batman Arkham City $56 + $10 E-giftcard
3-Battlefield 3
5-Elder Scrolls: Skyrim $55(X360)
6-FIFA 12 $20 E-giftcard
7-Forza 4
8-Gears of War 3 $20 E-giftcard
9-Just Dance 3
11-Madden 2012 $20 E-giftcard
12-NCAA 2012 $55
13-Rage $10 E-giftcard
14-Resistance 3
15-Saint's Row the third
16-Uncharted 3

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.amazon.com/

Pretty much match all other offers + added their own

2-Batman Arkham City $10 credit
3-Battlefield 3
5-Elder Scrolls: Skyrim $55(X360)
6-FIFA 12
7-Forza 4
8-Gears of War 3 $20 credit
9-Just Dance 3
11-Madden 2012 $20 credit
12-NCAA 2012 $56 came with a $20 credit
13-Rage $10 credit
14-Resistance 3
15-Saint's Row the third
16-Uncharted 3

http://www.kmart.com/

awaiting deal/gaming coupon info.

2-Batman Arkham City
3-Battlefield 3
6-FIFA 12
7-Forza 4
8-Gears of War 3
9-Just Dance 3
10-Legend of zelda:Skywward sword
11-Madden 2012
12-NCAA 2012
13-Rage
14-Resistance 3
15-Saint's Row the third
16-Uncharted 3

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255956

There instant giftcard offers makes things interesting
Madden 2012 $45

2-Batman Arkham City
3-Battlefield 3
6-FIFA 12
7-Forza 4
8-Gears of War 3
9-Just Dance 3
11-Madden 2012 $45 Back to online only
12-NCAA 2012
13-Rage
14-Resistance 3 $15 GC
15-Saint's Row the third
16-Uncharted 3

http://www.newegg.com/

$5 off X360 NCAA12
several $43 & $48 pre-order deals

2-Batman Arkham City
3-Battlefield 3
6-FIFA 12
7-Forza 4
8-Gears of War 3
9-Just Dance 3
10-Legend of Zelda:Skyward Sword
11-Madden 2012
12-NCAA 2012
13-Rage
14-Resistance 3
15-Saint's Row the third
16-Uncharted 3

http://www.frys.com/

At this point all titles are MSRP & I didn't see any pre-order bonuses

2-Batman Arkham City
3-Battlefield 3
6-FIFA 12
7-Forza 4
8-Gears of War 3
9-Just Dance 3
10-Legend of Zelda:Skyward Sword
11-Madden 2012
12-NCAA 2012
13-Rage
14-Resistance 3
15-Saint's Row The third
16-Uncharted 3

[quote name='Enuf']Bear wit me while I set this up[/QUOTE]
Crack+Open+a+Bear_c04b29_198843.png

really?

I don't understand the point of this thread. People don't generally like mass threads, especially if you're covering a variety of stores and a vast variety of deals. People end up missing stuff when it's in a thread like this.

[quote name='Master Troll']Is this really necessary?[/QUOTE]

No, no its not.

Mods, please remove this is a ridiculous thread. The whole PM thing for the BB 100 deal is ridiculous, it wont work on 80% of the games.

If it was so easy to get the 5 games for 39.99, then why the hell are you going through such a hassle by preordering for 60 at best buy?

Mathtime: 20X5= 100

Why do gift card when you can save more by buying NOT at BB...according to your little theory that every AAA game gets great sales

[quote name='cRodz']
Crack+Open+a+Bear_c04b29_198843.png

really?[/QUOTE]two words auto correct I didn't invent it

read the current BB $100 RZ thread & you'll see the confusion/misinformation.

[quote name='Enuf']please don't post on until I reserve the 1st 5-6 post that way all the info for each store will remain at the top for all to see easily. Just pm me. Thanks

Because of the BB 5 for $100 RZ offer I'm setting up this thread to follow all the games in the deal so people can keep track in 1 place. I'll also update price changes since price matching will be a huge part of maximizing the best buy deal.
I'll also have offers for AMZ, kmart, TRU, Newegg & Target too. Bear wit me while I set this up, I wanna make it smooth as possible since it'll be up for a long time.[/QUOTE]

You should add Fry's to the list since some claim to get price matches from them.

[quote name='Blaster man']I disagree, it's not like it's black friday...[/QUOTE]

This. I understand the point of a consolidated Black Friday thread, but not this.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I don't understand the point of this thread. People don't generally like mass threads, especially if you're covering a variety of stores and a vast variety of deals. People end up missing stuff when it's in a thread like this.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Unless the OP is updated religiously it's a hassle.

Wait this is a Black Friday thread?

It is July!

lol reminds me of this episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOTCQK-D06Q&feature=related

[quote name='Killbomb']I agree. Unless the OP is updated religiously it's a hassle.[/QUOTE]

I have faith that Enuf will update this religiously as he is on top of all the BB deals and got it good with the mods from the forums there.

He is what should've been the BB official Rep who came and went for being a douche.

listen...enough is enough. (pun)

on a sidenote, wouldn't it have been better if you had content to post first instead of reserving a thread w/the intent to follow up?

[quote name='100xp']on a sidenote, wouldn't it have been better if you had content to post first instead of reserving a thread w/the intent to follow up?[/QUOTE]

And made it more clear what the point of this thread is?

Hmm, I can understand running a thread for a specific retailer, but ... isn't this a bit too broad Enuf? Just saying ...

[quote name='Blaster man']I disagree, it's not like it's black friday...[/QUOTE]

It's funny because it's actually not necessary at all.

[quote name='utopianmachine']And made it more clear what the point of this thread is?[/QUOTE]

idk, all i can say is...i like your hat.

[quote name='etcrane']Hmm, I can understand running a thread for a specific retailer, but ... isn't this a bit too broad Enuf? Just saying ...[/QUOTE]

For those posting about this being a bad thread I'm sure (and hoping) this thread will only refer to the games that wind up on the 5 for $100 list from Bestbuy so anybody waitng for a deal on the next Gummy Bears game, don't worry it will get it's own thread to make you happy. :D

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']This thread needs more Lee Majors.

3376711054_84027cac03.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I was thinking more David Hasselhoff

hasselhoff.jpg

:hot:

[quote name='cRodz']I was thinking more David Hasselhoff

hasselhoff.jpg

:hot:
[/QUOTE]

Do yourself a favor and don't click the spoiler like I did. lol.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']No, no its not.

Mods, please remove this is a ridiculous thread. The whole PM thing for the BB 100 deal is ridiculous, it wont work on 80% of the games.

If it was so easy to get the 5 games for 39.99, then why the hell are you going through such a hassle by preordering for 60 at best buy?

Why do gift card when you can save more by buying NOT at BB...according to your little theory that every AAA game gets great sales[/QUOTE]

I think you are missing the point here. You get the $100 regardless if any of the games drop in price. IF they do drop within 30-45 days then you get the $100 + whatever you save on the price match. It is more than just 20x5 = 100

You don't like it then do not follow the thread.

I may be wrong but this thread was meant to follow the prices of the games involved in the BB 5/100 and nothing more.

I would like to save this slot for a Poll within this forum/thread within the forum:

Which is gayer hotter creepier: the David Hasselhoff pic or me in a Voltron Pink Pilot Suit.

pinkkerig.jpg

(complete with beard, of course)

[quote name='Killbomb']I agree. Unless the OP is updated religiously it's a hassle.[/QUOTE]

Enuf is the one guy on this thread that can responsibly keep the thread updated...

I wish people would stop taking a shit on this thread, just wait til' the work is finished!!

I honestly think this thread is gonna be extremely helpful for landing the best deals for the upcoming fall titles.

[quote name='atc250es']Enuf will keep the thread up to date, I like the thread.[/QUOTE]

The other thread's OP was not responding to request to make it a wiki so in the least we needed to update a thread we have control over regarding the BB deal. The added bonus of following potential price matching sites is exactly what I want. It will only serve to maximize the deal for everyone.

[quote name='denos-games']Wait...is saints row 3 part of the list or not? Can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]yes, links in the OP it was added later that's why I made this thread the other one was outdated & 1 game has already come out.

Why do gift card when you can save more by buying NOT at BB...according to your little theory that every AAA game gets great sales[/QUOTE]wow, where to begin
"ridiculous"
Have you read the thread for 5 for $100 RZ? The OP is outdated thus many repeat ?'s, confusion & bad info so yes something was needed. Also, it was REQUESTED not by you but you are just 1 CAG. And this may or may not help you but I KNOW this WILL help the CAG community.
"it won't work on 80% of the games"
1-Doesn't have to just 5 outta 16 games
2-how do you KNOW? Do you see the future, crystal ball, fortune teller etc.?
"mathtime"
Ok, math time if you get the BB deal; $300 + tax for 5 games. Say your smart & have been stacking credit with trade ins. So now you pm 5 games(note not 80%) to $40 each or $200 + tax & then BB gives you $100 RZ credit. Now, lets take this SLOOOOOOOOWWWWW
($200)two hundred credit +tax minus $100 credit =(equals) $100 credit + tax for (5) five games on day 1 when they have the most value.
Do you now see why this is an important kinda a big deal? If not, then your not "really" a CAG.

Oh and by the way that's $20(twenty) credit per game can you show me a better deal I'm sure we'd love to see that.

Why do gift card when you can save more by buying NOT at BB...according to your little theory that every AAA game gets great sales[/QUOTE]SInce I really know what I'm talking about I'll put it out there like this. 5 of these games WILL DO EXACTLY LIKE I SAID FACT and I'm so sure of this that'll I'll put $300 up vs your $300. I need another PS3 so you'll get it for me this xmas. And when I take your $300 instead of saying merry xmas I'll say "NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR F****** SHINEBOX!!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5S-H4uE0y0
Ball is in your court now put your money where your mouth is Billy I'm sure we can work something out with the mods.

I think this thread is a great idea. I hadn't really given much thought to this BB offer, but I'm definitely on board now. I wish NHL 11 was on the list. I couldn't really pick 5 of those games I want, but I could end up with some combination of Batman, AC, and Skyrim for $20 each after a couple resales.

What are the early guesses on what's most likely to drop. AC: Brotherhood was definitely $40 come BF time last year, so I would put that in my bag. Somehow I don't think Uncharted will be there, but Infamous did worse than I expected this year already, so it could happen. I also don't think Batman will hit $40 in that time, but Skyrim could. Appetite for big RPGs, and fantasy stuff has been down, despite how much the hardcore are talking about it. Is it already possible to price match Madden? Other thoughts on what might happen?

[quote name='murphyspub']I think this thread is a great idea. I hadn't really given much thought to this BB offer, but I'm definitely on board now. I wish NHL 11 was on the list. I couldn't really pick 5 of those games I want, but I could end up with some combination of Batman, AC, and Skyrim for $20 each after a couple resales.

What are the early guesses on what's most likely to drop. AC: Brotherhood was definitely $40 come BF time last year, so I would put that in my bag. Somehow I don't think Uncharted will be there, but Infamous did worse than I expected this year already, so it could happen. I also don't think Batman will hit $40 in that time, but Skyrim could. Appetite for big RPGs, and fantasy stuff has been down, despite how much the hardcore are talking about it. Is it already possible to price match Madden? Other thoughts on what might happen?[/QUOTE]
mention the games that you want to be added in the link provided the demand will allow them to add the game like they did with saints row.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/New-100-RZ-Gamers-Club-Promo/td-p/287432

As for the games basically I think 3-5 titles will affect most of the rest just b/c their hype & sales will require a sale price here and there to keep it fresh in people's minds during such a busy period. Plus there's alot of title in the same genre that'll help too. Remember though, you CAN'T PM during BF weekend BB won't honor during that time frame.
The shooters will affect EVERYTHING BF3 & MW3 should make R3 & Rage $40. Your spot on with AC:R $40 too. GoW3 & UC3 should make Batman AC hit $40. Forza 4 shouldn't last at $60 b/c racing games don't sell like they did back on PS2.

My advice is to play this deal game by game, buy at a price you want with the proper credit that way if you get 5 at BB you still got the value you would be happy with anyways. But if your 4 games in you know that at least your getting $100 + the bonuses. As always try to max the deal paying $100 credit for 5 games on release is an unbeatable deal.

[quote name='Enuf']mention the games that you want to be added in the link provided the demand will allow them to add the game like they did with saints row.

As for the games basically I think 3-5 titles will affect most of the rest just b/c their hype & sales will require a sale price here and there to keep it fresh in people's minds during such a busy period. Plus there's alot of title in the same genre that'll help too. Remember though, you CAN'T PM during BF weekend BB won't honor during that time frame.
The shooters will affect EVERYTHING BF3 & MW3 should make R3 & Rage $40. Your spot on with AC:R $40 too. GoW3 & UC3 should make Batman AC hit $40. Forza 4 shouldn't last at $60 b/c racing games don't sell like they did back on PS2.

My advice is to play this deal game by game, buy at a price you want with the proper credit that way if you get 5 at BB you still got the value you would be happy with anyways. But if your 4 games in you know that at least your getting $100 + the bonuses. As always try to max the deal paying $100 credit for 5 games on release is an unbeatable deal.[/QUOTE]

First off why wont they honor PM's during BF weekend?
Forza 4 is basically the Gran Turismo of xbox, but more open to the casual gamers. I soubt it'll hit $40

bread's done
Back