Gamestop customer service sucks. Better contact info?

PR Mega X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Hey all. Long story short, my girlfriend placed an order with Gamestop during a B2G1 promo. She got the two she paid for, but the free game was a no-show. Here we are three months later, and she finally started looking into it's whereabouts.

First off, trying to get anyone on the phone is absurd -- I personally called 20 times tonight and haven't gotten a single person. Anyway, she's talked to three different reps: the first told her tough shit; the second told her he'd give her a substitute; and the third told her the last guy never made the change, but he would do it for her. Four days later, she gets an e-mail telling her that her credit card was declined (she purchased it with a Gift Card), and the order was canceled.

She's a bit annoyed, because she wouldn't have ordered without the deal, but I'm pretty pissed about the treatment. I just fired off an e-mail to Customer Service, but I'm sure someone on the desk will be using it to wipe there ass. Is there any other contact number or e-mail address I can take my complaints to?

There is no other contact info and you're probably running into such trouble because so much time has passed. I would suggest just asking for a supervisor on the phone and explaining to them over and over again that you want your free game. Don't take no for an answer.

Also, know that if you keep calling them they'll probably blacklist your account from the website and you'll need to create a new one to order stuff unless you want to deal with countless cancels.

I didn't wait 3 months to get this done. My girlfriend waited 3 months to tell me she never received it. The result is the same, but I want it clear this is not my fault ;)

I told her last time to demand a supervisor, but she's a pushover. I haven't yet spoken to a person -- every time I've called, I get the automated system telling me no one is available, and I get disconnected.

Anyway, I figured there wasn't a hell of a lot that could be done, but I figured I'd try.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I didn't wait 3 months to get this done. My girlfriend waited 3 months to tell me she never received it. The result is the same, but I want it clear this is not my fault ;)

I told her last time to demand a supervisor, but she's a pushover. I haven't yet spoken to a person -- every time I've called, I get the automated system telling me no one is available, and I get disconnected.

Anyway, I figured there wasn't a hell of a lot that could be done, but I figured I'd try.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, trying to get anyone on the phone is a pain in the ass. I've personally only ever managed to talk to a real person once.

Best way to get someone on the phone unfortunately is to talk directly to the supervisor when you get connected to a representative. I've had a big issue before, but the supervisor was extremely nice and took care of my issue.

Quick update: I shot off an angry but professional e-mail to the customer service address. Two days later, my girlfriend received a response saying they've re-opened the order, and included a $20 coupon for her next purchase.

Still waiting to see if the game ever shows, but since it was a $10 game, we're already coming out ahead :)

[quote name='Lyricsborn']You shouldn't have waited 3 months to get something done.[/QUOTE]
:applause: Who the hell waits three MONTHS to ask where a missing game is? If I buy something and it ships to me in an unacceptable condition or something is just plain missing, then that store knows about the issue as soon as possible.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause: Who the hell waits three MONTHS to ask where a missing game is? If I buy something and it ships to me in an unacceptable condition or something is just plain missing, then that store knows about the issue as soon as possible.[/QUOTE]

People who get busy in life?

Unless I'm mistaken, they're not obligated to fulfill the free game if there was the "while supplies last" disclosure. Most B2G1F promotions have some type of disclosure saying something similar (TRU online is notorious for this).

Of course, if there was no disclosure, then it doesn't apply. Either way, it's been 3 months. They won't do anything to help... tell her this is one of those things she shouldn't have waited on.

Most retailers give you around 30 days to report an issue with your purchase/order. This has nothing to do with gamestop's customer service sucking. You're actually quite lucky that you got a $20 coupon from it.

[quote name='Will']People who get busy in life?[/QUOTE]
Even if I 'get busy' I still find time to make sure orders being sent to me are 100% correct and I make the time to call the customer service line before three months pass.

[quote name='Vinny']Of course, if there was no disclosure, then it doesn't apply. Either way, it's been 3 months. They won't do anything to help... tell her this is one of those things she shouldn't have waited on.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, she shouldn't have waited. She just figured it was out of stock and they were trying to get a copy in for her, and she forgot about it until recently.

[quote name='sunghost']Most retailers give you around 30 days to report an issue with your purchase/order. This has nothing to do with gamestop's customer service sucking. You're actually quite lucky that you got a $20 coupon from it.[/QUOTE]

I disagree that it has nothing to do with their customer service. If they had explained that the policy did not allow them to change the order, or it was past the point that they were able to help, I would have been pissed, but accepted fault. Instead, the first guy blew her off, and the second two lied, telling her they would change her order for her. Not to mention the fact that we were only able to reach a human three times out of the nearly 60 attempts.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Even if I 'get busy' I still find time to make sure orders being sent to me are 100% correct and I make the time to call the customer service line before three months pass.[/QUOTE]

That's great for you. I'm the same way. She, on the other hand, gave GS the benefit of the doubt and assumed they were working hard to find a copy of the game for her, so she waited to complain. Eventually, real life kicked in, and the $8 game slipped her mind. Shit happens.

On the bottom of company pages there's either a link for "investor relations" or "corporate". These has TONS of useful contact info. but the key is to NEVER ASK for the "CEO", "CVP, "VP" of "Op" ALWAYS refer to them by first name.

"Good morning can you connect me with Bob Smith?"
the receptionist may ask your name & why your calling say
"I'm responding back to him regarding an on going issue that was dated on ____"
Once you get connected DO NOT YELL OR SPAZ OUT ASAP!!!! Tell him/her the entire issue your having & why you needed to go this route, make it clear you will continue to follow this issue up with him/her directly if the issue isn't resolved ASAP. Their not used to be confronted directly & the fact that you got this far will make sure the person him/her chews out will fix the issue usually by days end. Only resort to yelling if they give you the polite FU then go off! Here's the GS links they can be found at the bottom left part of the site under "about gamestop".

http://www.gamestopcorp.com/contactus.aspx
look for the "marketing director", "marketing supervisor", "customer service director" or "customer service cordinator". They have the power to make things happen fast plus give extras for your trouble.

[quote name='aptanor']Oh wow, I'd never even thought about that Enuf. Have you ever tried it?[/QUOTE]Comcast cable over charge & they gave me the polite FU so I called spoke to a customer relations supervisor she was shocked that I got to her directly but the 6 week disputed ended in 45 minutes, I sent 1 email to her while on the phone she called back 20 minutes later stating to call the automated billing # when I got home & if it wasn't reflecting she would call the nearest local office & they would refund the amount.
If you've ever worked in an office & once a yr the "big wigs" come around n everyone gets "busy" faking like that's what always goes on. These people get their @sses kissed all the time so when they are caught in a situation like a reg. CS rep they don't know how to respond & when their cursed out LOL they get real mad but can't really do nothing b/c if they do a person could be recording the convo or saving the emails...this sent to a news agency = bas press + somebodies @ss getting fired.

bread's done
Back