Buy a Select Game, Get One 40% Off at Amazon

altermann

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-R=1]208[/IMG-R]Over 140 Xbox 360 and PS3 games are eligible for Amazon's buy 1, get 1 40% off sale.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 1 select game, get 1 40% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']Well the fact that sotd is on this list means it wont be in the goldbox later today :([/QUOTE]

Most likely.. but amazon is known to have glitches and include games that are part of their B2G1 and other promotions in their DOTD and as part of Lightning deals.

[quote name='whoknows']Hmm. Medal of honor is on there.

Should I do that and Vanquish?[/QUOTE]

You should, medal of honor's campaign was fun and vanquish was a blast ( except most of chapter 4 )

Question on Medal of Honor for ps3...is the frontlines on the disc or is there a code to download it? thanks

also, heres hoping amazon puts some of these games up doing the lightening hour later on today to make for some nice deals :)

[quote name='jdb230']Question on Medal of Honor for ps3...is the frontlines on the disc or is there a code to download it? thanks

also, heres hoping amazon puts some of these games up doing the lightening hour later on today to make for some nice deals :)[/QUOTE]

You just install frontlines from the disk

[quote name='jdb230']Question on Medal of Honor for ps3...is the frontlines on the disc or is there a code to download it? thanks

also, heres hoping amazon puts some of these games up doing the lightening hour later on today to make for some nice deals :)[/QUOTE]
It's on the disk.

[quote name='strait edge follower']You just install frontlines from the disk[/QUOTE]

thanks for the answer! 1 last question, will you still be able to play frontlines on your ps3 if you don't have the medal of honor disc?

Wish I would've waited before buying Moh earlier, totally would have gotten Demon Souls or Enslaved along with it....

meh if just cause 2 was 20 bucks i may have picked it up with something else. Im actually trying to figure out if i bought vanquish or not yet. My backlogs way too big i'll have to double check.

Not the best selection but better than a lot of other crap theyve had lately =P

[quote name='jdb230']thanks for the answer! 1 last question, will you still be able to play frontlines on your ps3 if you don't have the medal of honor disc?[/QUOTE]

no you need the disk, I tried

Isn't the MoH disk a key to early bf3 beta access??? I was thinking about getting rid of my disk, but I think I remember reading that somewhere

[quote name='Cysquatch']Wish I would've waited before buying Moh earlier, totally would have gotten Demon Souls or Enslaved along with it....[/QUOTE]
Just talk to the customer rep, I was able to get a price adjustment manually :bouncy:

[quote name='TheLounge']Isn't the MoH disk a key to early bf3 beta access??? I was thinking about getting rid of my disk, but I think I remember reading that somewhere[/QUOTE]

if you pre-ordered only, they sent emails last week to those who have

Just got Catherine Deluxe so im out of money anyways. They raised the price on most of these games for this deal so i would pass anyways.

[quote name='Talgrund']would Dante's Inferno or Assassin's Creed be worth it?[/QUOTE]

Both are good.

I really liked Dante's personally.

[quote name='Talgrund']would Dante's Inferno or Assassin's Creed be worth it?[/QUOTE]

Both are good games. Assassins is one of my favorite games of all time. I know it gets repetitive but the story is amazing.

Posted in the doppleganger, but figured this was worth a laugh since that thread'll poof in a few minutes:

Madden NFL 11
by Electronic Arts
List Price: $29.99
Price: $50.78

Is the price back up because the lockout's over?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if I should go with Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition/Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY or Platinum Hits Mass Effect/Dead Space. Man...

[quote name='karyadi']Not sure if I should go with Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition/Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY or Platinum Hits Mass Effect/Dead Space. Man...[/QUOTE]

Putting in my two cents, but Batman AA: GotY is going get a massive amount of sales with Batman: AC coming out, 40% off of it makes it $18, and I'd imagine it'd be on sale for $20 for the most part... (that, and buying it new doesn't really garner you any benefits aside from guaranteeing you get your 3D glasses).

Personally, I use these 40%/50% off sales to snatch up PH/GH titles (or any title that's pretty much stuck around $20) since you don't really see them go any lower ($20 is more or less the price floor for most "quality" games) aside from these kind of sales, so I'd recommend ME/DS for ~$30.

[quote name='strait edge follower']You just install frontlines from the disk[/QUOTE]

its about a 5G install, be prepared for a long wait...

selection is too limited, the better deal was buy2get 1 free. Some of these were the same old titles, listed from the previous sale

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']The only game there I would want is vanquish. Oh well, I don't need more things in my backlog anyway :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I know. It's the exact reason I try to avoid this site. Even lurking isn't enough to keep you away from fattening up your backlog. Anyone think Vanquish is going to drop to $15ish any time soon? I'd get it on its own if that was the case..

Naughty Bear had a Gold edition?

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Ugh, I know. It's the exact reason I try to avoid this site. Even lurking isn't enough to keep you away from fattening up your backlog. Anyone think Vanquish is going to drop to $15ish any time soon? I'd get it on its own if that was the case..

Naughty Bear had a Gold edition?[/QUOTE]

It just hit the $20 MSRP and you have a backlog. $10-15 is all but guaranteed by the end of the year. Have some self restraint dammit, lol

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Ugh, I know. It's the exact reason I try to avoid this site. Even lurking isn't enough to keep you away from fattening up your backlog. Anyone think Vanquish is going to drop to $15ish any time soon? I'd get it on its own if that was the case..

Naughty Bear had a Gold edition?[/QUOTE]

I beleave that Target has vanquish on clearance for 8 bucks if you can find it. Oh and naughty bear indeed has a gold edition (garbage game)

[quote name='jacknicklson']It just hit the $20 MSRP and you have a backlog. $10-15 is all but guaranteed by the end of the year. Have some self restraint dammit, lol[/QUOTE]

This site is indeed a backlog nightmare lol. I dont know How ive been able to keep my backlog under 10 games the whole year, Its really hard to do

Decent price on Vanquish. Almost grabbed that and FO: New Vegas, but I think I'll wait until the inevitable version of FO:NV comes out with all/most DLC.

[quote name='GAMESHARQ']Yay! I'm finally getting Oblivion. It better be as good as people say it is or else I'll have to kick someone's ass![/QUOTE]

There are a multitude of bugs, like any Bethesda game, so you might need to warn your loved ones. Speaking of, I'm expecting a FO:NV GotY that may or may not included the tiny pre-order bonuses by late Octoberish. (Following the timeline of Fallout 3 and its DLC.) I'm hoping there'll be another patch included/by then, but... =/ I'm sure those of us who got it for $7.50 during BBV's B1G1 free sale aren't complaining too much though.

Self-restraint? Here? I'm glad I'm not alone in my suffering here though.

And I've heard about the magical price @ Target, but none of my Targets clearance ANYTHING outside of DS games. The only other things in their reduced price section are PH/GH games @ MSRP. Vanquish @ $8... how you tease me.

Going to go look up what came with NB: Gold now.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']

And I've heard about the magical price @ Target, but none of my Targets clearance ANYTHING outside of DS games. The only other things in their reduced price section are PH/GH games @ MSRP. Vanquish @ $8... how you tease me.
[/QUOTE]
Mine is the same way, except they do clear out some high quality Wii games. I mean they had Grease the video game on clearance and some Kidz Bop game :lol:. Either way give Vanquish until fall when everything comes out. It will drop, or wait for a damn good sale.

[quote name='GAMESHARQ']Really? I thought they fixed the bugs in the Xbox 360 GOTY and 5th Anniversary editions.[/QUOTE]

Maybe a few, but there's still quite a bit. The PS3 just suffers from more. The last time they did a patch was before the GotY (which they included on the disc), and that was quite a while back. Just check the Oblivion Wikia for all the fun bugs. Oblivion is so notorious for bugs being unresolved, the PC community ended up being the one who really patched everything in their series of (Unofficial Oblivion Patches). One of the best examples of shit DLC (horse armor) and a lack of post-release care.

@Fragsalot Yeah, I think it's the high foot-traffic, so they figure they don't need to clearance anything. And I was tempted to bite on the sale because it included Vanquish, but there's no other game I'd really want to bundle it with that I'd wanna pay $20 for, but I can hold off on rocket sliding (which is always awesome) until the end of the year.

You know you buy too many games when you can't find two games out of 134 to buy. I'm debating picking up New Vegas, but I'd have to pick up something like Toy Story 3 for my girlfriend to get the 40% off. I don't know if that'd be worth it.

I hated Oblivion, bored me to tears so id steer clear. I've been waiting to pick up MGS 4 but can't find another game. To me, Vanquish and MOH have too short campaigns for $12 at least from what I read.

[quote name='Broken Cage']You know you buy too many games when you can't find two games out of 134 to buy. I'm debating picking up New Vegas, but I'd have to pick up something like Toy Story 3 for my girlfriend to get the 40% off. I don't know if that'd be worth it.[/QUOTE]

Actually Toy Story 3 is a blast, and you can play the whole thing co-op. Plus New Vegas is awesome, even better than Fallout 3 IMO (although others may and probably will disagree).

[quote name='GAMESHARQ']Well f*** it then, screw Oblivion and it's bugs. I'll just wait for Skyrim and hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to completely turn you off it. It's worth $30 certainly (especially as part of a deal like this), and I really don't think buying Skyrim at release is going to cure your frustrations considering their current track record *COUGH*. It's a great game, just expect to have to look at the Wikia for possible complications. It's nowhere near as bad as New Vegas' bugs (even now).
I can't fully compare NV to FO3 until the GotY edition comes out and I play the DLC. I've been an East Coaster all my life, even going to college rather close to the setting of FO3, so the game has an extra connection for me in comparison to New Vegas.

Amazon better not get a whole bunch of CAG awards at the end of the year after pulling this crap. They jacked up all the prices for this "deal". You'd end up paying just about the same amount if you bought two of these titles last week at their normal price w/o the 40% off.

Hmm, I'm interested in Shadows of the Damned and Hunted, but ~$90 is too much. Can't be too long before they're both in the $20 range.

bread's done
Back