Fable 3 (360) 22.44 at Amazon.com

Nice price. Has it been lower lately?

Excluding Wal-Mart, 'cause it ends up about the same after tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there definitely going to be a platinum hits version with all the dlc included, or is there a possibility it may not get released? Looks like the dlc is on sale this week...

Last edited by a moderator:
i got this game from amazon warehouse for $18 with tax and shipping it came to about $24 or $25 i used my free $20 amazon gift card i got from the bing toolbar rewards best part it said used but came brand new

Man, I wish I had seen this at walmart for 20 bucks, I would have totally picked it up...but I suppose an extra 2.44 (plus shipping) is not that bad either.

[quote name='bruceg']Is there definitely going to be a platinum hits version with all the dlc included, or is there a possibility it may not get released? Looks like the dlc is on sale this week...[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm wondering, but they're doing a PC release with all the LE content and 9/14ths of the DLC, so.. I'm starting to doubt it. The DLC cost on XBLM this week amounts to $6 (instead of $12), so.. might be worth getting anyways (I've read the first bit of DLC is absolute crap and there's no achievements, so you could skip on it).

Ok, I'll register the obligatory "this game is wildly over-rated" post because it's true. Don't get too excited about this game at any price unless you really enjoy all the Fable trappings aside from the combat (because to say the magic in this game breaks it would be putting it lightly).

[quote name='Beorach']Ok, I'll register the obligatory "this game is wildly over-rated" post because it's true. Don't get too excited about this game at any price unless you really enjoy all the Fable trappings aside from the combat (because to say the magic in this game breaks it would be putting it lightly).[/QUOTE]

Not being worth $30 - $60 is one thing, but it's not even worth $20 when all the DLC is on sale? It only came out last year.

I'm not making a statement on market conditions. What I'm saying is Fable 3 wasn't worth my time and I wish I had been aware of that such that I could have purchased something better... The combat can boil down to winning with one button. For more details that might be considered spoiler-ish (though I'm not going to ruin any plot) by some, see a few lines below:

Once you can combine two spells into one, which doesn't take much time leveling, you choose fire and lightning such that you can dot (damage over time) and shock (stun and incapacitate) your foes respectively. I gave up on the game but have read this never fails even versus the final boss.

p.s. - Sorry for the crude spoiler effect - I have limited access to this website's features from the computer I'm on.

[quote name='Beorach']I'm not making a statement on market conditions. What I'm saying is Fable 3 wasn't worth my time and I wish I had been aware of that such that I could have purchased something better... The combat can boil down to winning with one button. For more details that might be considered spoiler-ish (though I'm not going to ruin any plot) by some, see a few lines below:
.[/QUOTE]

you know that there's an option to put text under a spoiler button right? ;)

[quote name='Commander0Zero']I could not agree more with this! To me not worth $20. It's time this franchise be held accountable.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to disagree with such solid evidence, this review really put me straight. Loved the article, might read more on the site, thanks.

Don't think it's going to sell cheaper than $20 anytime soon though. And I doubt there's a PH version on the way.

I was duped myself so I was hoping to save at least one fellow CAG from the same fate. Thanks for the response. I thought I might just get trolled by those who still loved it (not that there's anything wrong with enjoying this game just because others didn't, of course). I haven't been so disappointed since I played Jade Empire maybe...

bread's done
Back