Tron Evolution CE - $29.99 w/free shipping @ NewEgg

Can't believe how expensive this was when it came out.

Is the game itself any good? I know it didn't get great reviews, but that doesn't mean it's not fun.

[quote name='whoknows']Can't believe how expensive this was when it came out.

Is the game itself any good? I know it didn't get great reviews, but that doesn't mean it's not fun.[/QUOTE]

Yea it's pretty entertaining. Think of it as old school prince of persia back on the ps2 days minus the rewinding of time. Lots of wall running and jumping. Some parts are trial and error with the combat and platforming but fun non the less

[quote name='malethief']Yea it's pretty entertaining. Think of it as old school prince of persia back on the ps2 days minus the rewinding of time. Lots of wall running and jumping. Some parts are trial and error with the combat and platforming but fun non the less[/QUOTE]

Cool. I'll grab the standard. I don't think I need the lightcycle :lol:

Off the subject, but how do you submit a lower price to Amazon.com? Can someone provide me a link? I'll be sure to submit it so hopefully they'll match Newegg.

This is probably rock bottom for the collector's edition, but from what I've read of the poor quality of both the cycle and the game, is it even worth $30?

Thanks... grabbed the $15.00 version. Wish the light cycle wasnt crap.... but then if it was cool it would probably never be $30..... uhhhgggg my head hurts.

Played this to finish on the PS3, but want to have a go at it on 360. I am definitely in for one at $30. Thanks OP!

I have been curious about the game but I have got pretty much the same responses from people. The camera is horrible especially when fighting and it's real repetitive. Maybe I will wait till the game hits the $10 point.

[quote name='malethief']Yea it's pretty entertaining. Think of it as old school prince of persia back on the ps2 days minus the rewinding of time. Lots of wall running and jumping. Some parts are trial and error with the combat and platforming but fun non the less[/QUOTE]

Oh sweet, I'm a big fan of PoP games, looks like I have to give this game a try. Are there online trophies? I hate those...

EDIT: After reading some reviews on Amazon, the CE is piece of crap, Sideshow really messed up on this one. I'll skip the CE, but $15 is still too much, maybe I'll get it used for under $8? Thanks OP for the post though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning, the camera is a bit wonky. It can make your pov screwy sometimes. The game overall is still a lot of fun and the wall running and jumping just takes some practice. After I finished the game, I went back to play some of the levels to pickup the Tron files and shards, I was surprised how easy it was to move about. Good luck, have fun, and try not to get too frustrated...

So basically if I wanted to give this whirl, I would be better off just getting the game for $15? Seems like most agree the cycle is a bit cheesy and not worth the extra $15. Hmmmm

Huh, got down to $30 faster than I thought. Wonder if I should bother though, the game's not all that great but it does trade in for $9 at Best Buy currently, so it would basically work out to be around $20 for a playthrough of a not so great game and a lightcycle model...tempting anyway. Disappointing that the CE doesn't have anything extra aside from the lightcycle though.

[quote name='Edge']Huh, got down to $30 faster than I thought. Wonder if I should bother though, the game's not all that great but it does trade in for $9 at Best Buy currently, so it would basically work out to be around $20 for a playthrough of a not so great game and a lightcycle model...tempting anyway. Disappointing that the CE doesn't have anything extra aside from the lightcycle though.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It would be cool if CE editions would include all the store exclusive DLC, especially how crappy I've heard the lightcycle is, but you know, that's business. The only thing that comes with new copies is the Sam Flynn multiplayer skin + maps. The rest of the skins are store specific

Quorra comes packaged in new games from Gamestop.
Gibson with copies from BB
Clu with copies from Walmart.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those are still packaged within the games from that specific store and not just pre-order bonuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any saving codes from NewEgg to make this deal even better?
BTW the cycle is veru coolI have it on XBOX 360 and it was looking very good to me, especialy when lited up it looks great

[quote name='ivos']Any saving codes from NewEgg to make this deal even better?
BTW the cycle is veru coolI have it on XBOX 360 and it was looking very good to me, especialy when lited up it looks great[/QUOTE]

I think if I had paid $130 for it I'd be pretty picky about the cycle myself. But at $30, I imagine it will be perfectly fine. :)

bread's done
Back