197 (100%)
kofxiii_faithful_cdreveal_crop.jpg

Amazon

Gamestop 360

Gamestop PS3

Official Website

Release Date is October 25th, 2011

Woot! Can't wait!

PS3's box art looks soooo much better than the 360's. That clusterfuck of characters in Ash's flame ruins the 360's. PS3's simple, and looks cool, plus, it has Mai :drool:.

Oh well, maybe I'll buy the PS3 version once it drops to bargain prices, just to display it, lol.

Preordered!

[quote name='AugustAPC']
PS3's box art looks soooo much better than the 360's. That clusterfuck of characters in Ash's flame ruins the 360's. PS3's simple, and looks cool, plus, it has Mai :drool:.
[/QUOTE]

I'm right with you on this one.

Thanks for the post OP, I hadn't heard about the soundtrack. Looks like I'll be pre-ordering this one!

Matter of opinion I guess. I'll be getting ps3 but like the box at on the 360 better[quote name='AugustAPC']Woot! Can't wait!

Oh well, maybe I'll buy the PS3 version once it drops to bargain prices, just to display it, lol.

Preordered![/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']Matter of opinion I guess. I'll be getting ps3 but like the box at on the 360 better[/QUOTE]

Of course, all opinion. We're direct opposites. I prefer the PS3's art but will be getting the 360 version.

A 4-CD soundtrack!! Thats pretty awesome :)

I like both covers. NOt sure which I would like better but probably the PS3's cover because it has mai on it.

Haha true. We could just trade boxes or even just inserts. I'm sure someone out there will make high quality scans for us to print off though[quote name='AugustAPC']Of course, all opinion. We're direct opposites. I prefer the PS3's art but will be getting the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='distgfx']Let's hope they get the netcode right this time.[/QUOTE]

Came in to say this. Love KoF, won't pay more than $20 for this game if the netcode is broken. Again.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']If only KoF were relevant in this day & age[/QUOTE]

In a sense, KoF was never relevant. Street Fighter was always the top dog, and KoF spent most of its life practically unknown to the masses. I don't care if anyone else thinks it's relevant as long as it's good, and i'd bet your average longtime KoF player feels the same way.

[quote name='happydogs']Came in to say this. Love KoF, won't pay more than $20 for this game if the netcode is broken. Again.

In a sense, KoF was never relevant. Street Fighter was always the top dog, and KoF spent most of its life practically unknown to the masses. I don't care if anyone else thinks it's relevant as long as it's good, and i'd bet your average longtime KoF player feels the same way.[/QUOTE]

This. If anything they are taking everything that was wrong with KoFXII and improving on it dramatically. The netcode improvement seems to be very important according to an interview on Dream Cancel. The soundtrack inclusion is only the extra icing on what already sounds to be a delicious cake. I've already got my copy pre-ordered.

That'll decide whether I purchase this or not.

Let's hope they get EVERYTHING right this time.

Everything I've heard about this game sounds like it's what XII should have been. Now Atlus adds a hell of a pre-order bonus. Will definitely pick it up.

I'm really feeling the 50 dollar price point. XII was 60 dollars on release, didn't come with shit and doesn't even hold a candle to XIII as far as gameplay goes. Could have been 40 to compete with Capcom's updated games, but this is a full on sequel that warrants the price, as long as the netcode is playable.

I'm someone who loves pre-order bonus and collectibles, but when it comes to stuff like soundtracks, I just don't feel compelled to jump the gun, so to say. There's just something about CDs where I don't feel they are necessary to have, especially since the only CD players I have are in my car and sitting in the storage room in my house collecting dust. I'd much prefer a mini artbook instead, but that's just me.

Definitely want to pick this up, though. I played the first couple of King of Fighters in arcades and on the Neo Geo (IIRC) and had a hard time getting back into the series for some reason.

KOF XII just turned me off of KOF for life. It was just ridiculous how half baked it was.

I was actually quite disappointed since I always preferred KOF to SF until recently.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Tempting! I waits till it hit 20-ish but 4 CDs Sound Track kinda hard to pass Up![/QUOTE]

If gamestop is the only provider of the soundtrack then you should get in on this. Pretty sure you can ebay the pre-order bonus and end up with a $20 KOFXIII on release day.

When blazblue came out i ebay'd the artbook which was an exclusive to gamestop. It really was an oversized move list and sold for over $100.

I really like some game soundtracks, the orchestrated ones at least, but I've never seen the interest in listening to the MIDI-esque in-game music. They're more like catchy jingles than toe-tapping "gotta blast this in my car" kinda music. By that measure I don't know if a 4 CD OST would really justify a day one purchase for me, especially since it seems that the KOF games fall in price rather quickly.

so what is the difference between KoFXII & KoFXIII?
FXII got so many negative reviews.
sorry for the dumb question but Im new to this franchise since Im more of a Street fighter fan.

Does the USA one come with 炎の力を取り戻し庵 (Iori with his flame power back) DLC for free?

As for difference with XII and XIII, I played XIII and it's so much better than XII. To me, it's still not as good as the KoF 9x days but it's def. hell of a lto better than XII. XII is a lot closer to what the old KoF use to be, it has 30 character roster and it's over all more fluid than XII.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jacknicklson']Amazon will carry the bonus as well which is why I linked both sites[/QUOTE]

there is no mention of this anywhere in the Amazon link.
Are you sure?
I want to pre-order, but I don't do business with GS anymore.

thanks

[quote name='DANIEL']so what is the difference between KoFXII & KoFXIII?
FXII got so many negative reviews.
sorry for the dumb question but Im new to this franchise since Im more of a Street fighter fan.[/QUOTE]

Here's a list of what I know.

- KoFXIII is more of a return to roots. It gets rid of a lot of systems that were in XII, such as the Critical Counter.
- Characters all get new balance, and new moves, making them more complete versions of their unfinished XII iterations.
- Lots of new characters.
- Story Mode
- Challenge Mode
- (allegedly) Strong Netcode
- Color Editor (Long overdue in fighting games)
- Robust Training Mode.
- 5 Console Exclusive Characters.
- Teams are back (Women's Team, AoF Team, etc...)
- Lots of new stages.
- EX Moves (Which are new to KoF entirely)
- Drive Cancels (The ability to cancel specials into other specials)
- Hyper Drive Mode is back.
- Max Cancels (Similar to Dream Cancels)
- Guard Cancels Attacks/Rolls return.
- Mai Shinraui TnA :drool:.

This game is really great. We've been playing the "leaked" pc version (it's actually the japanese arcade version since that runs on PCs) for a while and its really fun.

In for this day one.

[quote name='RCizzle65']I like the different box art, I prefer the PS3's. Nice preorder bonus, but I'm not a huge KOF fan[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AXV1']I have no interest in the game. They both look good, but I think the PS3 box art looks better.[/QUOTE]

I actually like the xbox box art better.

I've actually never owned any KoF games aside from the ones that came with my Xbox off eBay, but from what my friend tells me about how hard they're trying to make up for KoF '12's disappointment and how they're trying to shove in every single character they can in this game, I might be on board for this. Thanks OP. $50 is okay since it's not a direct update (a la SFIV vs. SSFIV) but its own entity with its own code, but I do appreciate the $10 drop for those who got screwed on the last game. Let's just hope the roster will inherently kill most of the possible DLC for this game, I know the last game had a megaton of it. The pre-order bonus is solid since we very rarely get full OSTs (ie: Catherine) included especially with the standard edition, apology games are the best.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I can't decide which console to get this for. Any insight?[/QUOTE]The one that has Neo Pads and Neo Sticks, of course.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I can't decide which console to get this for. Any insight?[/QUOTE]

Whichever system your friends are on. Don't listen to any of that "PS3 Controller is better for fighting games" garbage.

Both PS3 and 360's controllers are equally as bad for fighters. Get a stick for a console and then stick with fighters on that platform.

Your better off getting a specialized pad then, both 360 and PS3 pads are really bad for 2D games.

I've played the "PC" version and it's great, much better than any of Capcom's modern fighters.

I was burned hard on KoF12 when I bought it day 1. It just lacked...stuff to do. The online was also a mess. Not going to do that again unless I see improvements/reviews first.

The iPhone version of KOFXIII is out and only $4.99 until tomorrow! (Normal price is $7.99). It's a great portable version - though there is no online mode - and it's crazy to think that it'll be $49.99 when it comes to consoles later this year. I'd gladly pay just five bucks for a gimped version.

Here's a YouTube video here and a review here.

bread's done
Back