Gears of War Triple Pack [Xbox 360] $19.99 at Best Buy

Anyone know if this will ring up free now with the Gamer magazine coupon and $5 GeoW3 preorder?

I bought the Triple Pack a couple of weeks ago with the coupon and on my receipt it showed $29.99 and applied a $20 package discount.

I see no reason why this wouldn't ring up for free with the @GAMER coupon. I'm not sure, but I'll definitely be checking tomorrow.

Glad I didn't get it last week.

But mad I bought the All Fronts Download for $5 a few days ago.

The coupon specifically says get the game for $9.99 though. I'm sure it would readjust to 9.99 no matter what.

I knew I should of waited, all the coupons seemed to work for was the 3 games on sale and lots on the list weren't on sale yet last week. Hopefully it takes $20 off instead of buy Gears of War Triple Pack for $9.99. Thanks, OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karyadi']I knew I should of waited, all the coupons seemed to work for was the 3 games on sale and lots on the list weren't on sale yet last week. Hopefully it takes $20 off instead of buy Gears of War Triple Pack for $9.99. Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]You should be able to pm it but b/c of so many moving parts a return/rebuy might also just cut the headache.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298145

Edit:no go on the return/rebuy forgot you'd have to use the coupon again.

[quote name='guitarguy']No stores anywhere by me show in stock. Is this stocked in store or online only?[/QUOTE]both

If your a RZ Silver member use the BB personal shopper, they track down a copy for you for FREE. Not sure if they ship to your home or store but let them know what your tryin to do.

[quote name='Enuf']both

If your a RZ Silver member use the BB personal shopper, they track down a copy for you for FREE. Not sure if they ship to your home or store but let them know what your tryin to do.[/QUOTE]

Im a silver member but have never heard of this service do you have a link to where i can read up on it? It sounds amazing!

[quote name='cheeky']Im a silver member but have never heard of this service do you have a link to where i can read up on it? It sounds amazing![/QUOTE]it's somewhat new
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/
click on the "GET EARNING tab"
click on "OFFERS & PROMOTIONS"
filter by "SILVER MEMBERS EXCLUSIVES"
It's in the 2nd row of choice under "MAKE SHOPPING EVEN EASIER"
it has a pic of a CS chick chuckie cheese smiling

1-866-923-6190 or email [email protected]
And IT'S FREE!!!
I'll be using them during black Friday for sure

I was just wondering if anyone has tried this yet. I can't try until tomorrow and this seems like a good deal to pick these up again.

[quote name='Enuf']it's somewhat new
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/
click on the "GET EARNING tab"
click on "OFFERS & PROMOTIONS"
filter by "SILVER MEMBERS EXCLUSIVES"
It's in the 2nd row of choice under "MAKE SHOPPING EVEN EASIER"
it has a pic of a CS chick chuckie cheese smiling

1-866-923-6190 or email [email protected]
And IT'S FREE!!!
I'll be using them during black Friday for sure[/QUOTE]

can't find it. i cant find where you filter silver member exclusives, cant find the make shopping easier?

[quote name='CAG Muroso']can't find it. i cant find where you filter silver member exclusives, cant find the make shopping easier?[/QUOTE]

If you have a problem finding it, the info is exactly the same as what's posted. Simply email or call and they'll find it and ship it to you for free if you are a silver member.

GoW1 360 is a waste since it doesn't have the extra chapter from the PC version. GoW2 is also a waste since most people who like this game have probably already played it. So it basically like paying $20 for DLC which still requires you to download it off of XBL. This whole bundle is a waste! Just hurry up and release GoW3!

Darn, I was hoping this would be available near me since there's a tax-free weekend coming up, but I guess I'll have to buy it online.

True. So even with this deal, it's $5 cheaper to just use the coupon

Edit: ummm meant to quote mix master[quote name='Raccoon2117']Darn, I was hoping this would be available near me since there's a tax-free weekend coming up, but I guess I'll have to buy it online.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gosha']The coupon specifically says get the game for $9.99 though. I'm sure it would readjust to 9.99 no matter what.[/QUOTE]

I wait until just before the cashier totals it up and hand over the coupon with the barcode side up. 90% of the time, they just scan it and see what happens. 9% more of the time they shrug their shoulders and tell me about the great deal.

I go by BB on my way to work. Maybe I will give it a shot tomorrow.

[quote name='Eee Male']GoW1 360 is a waste since it doesn't have the extra chapter from the PC version. GoW2 is also a waste since most people who like this game have probably already played it. So it basically like paying $20 for DLC which still requires you to download it off of XBL. This whole bundle is a waste! Just hurry up and release GoW3![/QUOTE]

Lol. Oh how the Internet tickles me.

Good looking out OP. Maybe Amazon will match this.

[quote name='Eee Male']GoW1 360 is a waste since it doesn't have the extra chapter from the PC version. GoW2 is also a waste since most people who like this game have probably already played it. So it basically like paying $20 for DLC which still requires you to download it off of XBL. This whole bundle is a waste! Just hurry up and release GoW3![/QUOTE]

Yep!! Don't buy any game that doesn't have ALL exclusive versions and content included. And don't buy any games because you most likely played them already. And don't buy any downloadable content because you still have to download it.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Anybody have success with their coupons yet?[/QUOTE]

Just got back from BB. It was $9.99 for the game after coupon, not the whole $20 off.

Just got back from my BB with a copy after the online system said they were sold out

[quote name='Hoos First']Just got back from BB. It was $9.99 for the game after coupon, not the whole $20 off.[/QUOTE]

What is this coupon? I'm a RZ customer but I'm not on the new paid @Gamer plan or whatever it is. Did I just pay $10 too much?

[quote name='Boty_27']I have a All Fronts Collection DLC i dont need,who wants to trade or ill just give it to somebody.[/QUOTE]

I'd wait 'till Tuesday to get rid of it since it's on sale for $5 right now.

The Triple Pack, ugh. I should have just waited for it to hit $20. I owned neither game, so I figured this would be a good deal but it doesn't come with the free Gears 1 DLC (or the PC exclusive, but that's another discussion) and the Gears 2 DLC is just a voucher and not a disc. It's more or less the same price to just buy all the stuff separately used, especially since the All Fronts Collection is on sale for 50% off.

However, GS has raised both games' prices, so it's $8 for Gears 1 (opposed to $5), and $13 for Gears 2 (as opposed to $10), but it's still $21 + $10 ($5 'till Tuesday), before any PUR discount.

I'd say this is worth $20 though, despite the disappointment. But, I'd still prefer to own the 2-Disc edition of Gears 1.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I'd wait 'till Tuesday to get rid of it since it's on sale for $5 right now.

The Triple Pack, ugh. I should have just waited for it to hit $20. I owned neither game, so I figured this would be a good deal but it doesn't come with the free Gears 1 DLC (or the PC exclusive, but that's another discussion) and the Gears 2 DLC is just a voucher and not a disc. It's more or less the same price to just buy all the stuff separately used, especially since the All Fronts Collection is on sale for 50% off.

However, GS has raised both games' prices, so it's $8 for Gears 1 (opposed to $5), and $13 for Gears 2 (as opposed to $10), but it's still $21 + $10 ($5 'till Tuesday), before any PUR discount.

I'd say this is worth $20 though, despite the disappointment. But, I'd still prefer to own the 2-Disc edition of Gears 1.[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute... It doesn't include all the Gears 1 maps?

Kind of off topic, but for anyone who's on the edge about buying this and has never played a Gears game in their life before, just buy it. It truly is one of the most important games of this generation of consoles. If you really think about modern shooter games nowadays, there's a roadie run similar to Gears, fluid cover systems, and even some takes on a 'horde' like mode. Sorry to blab on & on, but I kind of just wanted to give the franchise a little credit. ;)

[quote name='Boty_27']I have a All Fronts Collection DLC i dont need,who wants to trade or ill just give it to somebody.[/QUOTE]

Boty_27, I would appreciate the DLC code. If you want to message it to me that would be great.

[quote name='orale1226']Still too high...[/QUOTE]LOL free is too high(assuming your already an @gamer subscriber)
GoW Triple pack $20
GoW3 pre-order $5
@gamer coupon says $20 off to get it for $10(but they weren't thinking @gamer coupons would stack with sale prices)
so you should end up with a $5 pre-order which you can cancel at any time.

[quote name='CAG Muroso']can't find it. i cant find where you filter silver member exclusives, cant find the make shopping easier?[/QUOTE]are you a RZ silver member?

[quote name='guitarguy']So they sell the magazines in store? I guess you can't use the magazine online?[/QUOTE]yes mags are in store, no not able to use online yet.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']The coupon for the GoW Triple pack isn't a $20 off coupon, but rather specifically says get it for 9.99 w/$5 GoW3 reserve.[/QUOTE]yes it does but $20 off a $25 purchase is $5 not $10, they didn't account for the coupon stacking with sale prices. People in other threads have confirmed getting it with & w/o overrides.

I tried it yesterday, game rang up for $9.99.

At first, the cashier couldn't get the coupon to work; she had to scan some sort of generated preorder receipt (which she had to go and get from somewhere, it didn't print out at the register). After she did that, it came up $9.99. I told her that the coupon said $20 off (even though it does also say the game is $9.99 right under it), and she got a manager who plainly told me "I'm not giving you this game for free".

[quote name='MakenX']I tried it yesterday, game rang up for $9.99.

At first, the cashier couldn't get the coupon to work; she had to scan some sort of generated preorder receipt (which she had to go and get from somewhere, it didn't print out at the register). After she did that, it came up $9.99. I told her that the coupon said $20 off (even though it does also say the game is $9.99 right under it), and she got a manager who plainly told me "I'm not giving you this game for free".[/QUOTE]

I don't know what Best Buy was thinking with this one. The deal doesn't apply to us anymore, does it? It's like, "Oh it's on sale for $20? Nah I'll wait later since I have the coupon and I'll only save $5 because I need to pre-order as well." Not even sure I want the DX11, I just realized I appreciate video games more.

[quote name='karyadi']I don't know what Best Buy was thinking with this one. The deal doesn't apply to us anymore, does it? It's like, "Oh it's on sale for $20? Nah I'll wait later since I have the coupon and I'll only save $5 because I need to pre-order as well." Not even sure I want the DX11, I just realized I appreciate video games more.[/QUOTE]

bingo, it doesn't require a pre order or an RZ membership

Anyone able to PM the GoW bundle if they bought it earlier (I understand buying it now drops it to $9.99, but was wondering if i should go in an even try to PM it since I bought it 2 weeks ago when it was $30). Effectively it would make it free so I would assume very YMMV.

[quote name='yahoosale14']bingo, it doesn't require a pre order or an RZ membership[/QUOTE]The coupons states "pre-order Gears of War 3 and buy gears of war triple pack for $9.99", back of the coupon says "must be a reward Zone Gamers Club member to redeem coupon."

I would definitely suggest following this deal by the book ie GET THE $5 PRE-ORDER(fully refundable) that way it downstream have to come free & easier for CS and/manager to deny it.

So I understand this free coupon is in some kind of magazine freely available in the store? Where do I find it in-store?

It's not a free mag, it's $5 per issue, or $15 for a sub for 10 issues but you get the first one on the spot.

bread's done
Back