Should I trade my PS3 for a Nintendo 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

200STM

CAGiversary!
I have a backwards compatible ps3 (motorstorm bundle) and I have been wanting to have a portable console, (since I walk a lot and ride buses). I've had my ps3 since 2008 and hearing stories of peoples fat models dying has me worried. I would like to buy a 3ds but I dont have cash, I like my ps3 but I have been leaning towards portability also. I know I can get a ps3 cheap like how I got mine for 129.99 in 2008. I am asking if its worth trading a 2007 80GB ps3 for a nitendo 3ds with street fighter 4 and resident evil mer

[quote name='Hostile']Go buy a DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL instead.[/QUOTE]

No. 3DS is fully backwards compatible with the original DS games, so you might as well future proof your purchase to play the inevitably great games that are coming to 3DS. The 3DS is going to have a pretty respectable lineup even by the end of the year, and with games like smash brothers on the horizon, there's no reason to buy an original DS only to see some 3DS game that you really want down the road and be unable to play it (Then you'll kick yourself in the ass and have to buy another portable).

To answer the OP's question, I'd say it comes down to a few things:

-Have you played most of the PS3 games you want to? If not, you may want to hang on to your ps3 for a while. The ps3 is a great console.

-Can you actually get a decent a mount of money for your ps3? If not, it may not be worth it.

-Exactly how much time are you spending traveling where you would have downtime to game? If it really is a lot, I'd say because there's a value on your time that you should go the portable route. Of course, that depends on how much you value your free time.

No, that would a dumb trade. I would eBay it since they're hard to find. You could probably get around $200-$300 depending on what games and accessories you have etc. I WOULD never trade my PS3 for a portable system...

You get more money if you sell it cause it's backwards compatible. I read that the 3ds battery life is not even that good. Just find a good deal for a DSLite/DSI and use the remaining money for games instead.

Oh, and my PS3 just got YLOD yesterday. I bought it last March 2008.

Trust me I have a 3DS and if someone offered me a working ps3 I would give up this thing in a second, flip the system on eBay buy another 3DS and still have cash left over..... Please sell it on eBay and don't be stupid

Okay thanks CAGs I won't go for the trade, I'll hold on to the PS3 thanks for the input thread closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back